Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Problem with Gad-Zooks

Jimny · 70 · 9051

Offline guitarguy

Re: Problem with Gad-Zooks
Reply #60 on: October 25, 2010, 06:20:14 PM
Just figured I'd throw in my 2 cents about Gad-Zooks.  I read this thread only after ordering my Charge AL from the ebay store, and got pretty worried!

I have to say though, all in all, it was a nice, smooth transaction.

Did a 'Buy It Now' on Oct 12, 2010

Got a tracking number and showed 'Electronic Shipping Info Recieved' Oct 14, 2010

'Processed through Sort Facility' Oct 18, 2010

And it was recieved on Oct 20, 2010.

So I was quite satisfied with the transaction.  Whatever problems they were having seem to be taken care of now.  The only thing I regret is not actually checking gad-zooks.com before buying from the ebay store.  The Charge AL was 10$ cheaper at the website, and for 5$ more than I paid for the AL, I could have gotten the TTi.   :oops:

And of course, the Charge AL that was sent to me was loose out of the box, so I've had to send it in for warranty repair already, but that's not exactly the seller's fault.

Anyways, just wanted to relay my experience with this seller for anyone who might come across this thread.

:drink:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #61 on: October 25, 2010, 09:28:57 PM
You basically can't trust ebay sellers. I messages someone asking if he had any pivoted PS4s, explained the difference etc. 5-6 messages back and forth and he finally found one that didnt have rivets. Then he sent one with rivets instead.

I would disagree with that.  Some ebay sellers, like some local retailers are better to deal with than others.  You really can't say that all ebay sellers are bad and you can't trust them.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #62 on: October 25, 2010, 09:35:07 PM
My wife likes Ebay because she easily finds items there cheaper and that are difficult to find locally.  I still buy from them if they offer the same product and good price but I still like dealing with one of my preferred online (or local) retailers if possible.   :)
SAW

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #63 on: October 25, 2010, 09:51:32 PM
Yes, if it wasn't for eBay, I would have a very hard time doing this whole MT collecting bit.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline VicX

Reply #64 on: October 25, 2010, 10:28:32 PM
Yes, if it wasn't for eBay, I would have a very hard time doing this whole MT collecting bit.

All right guys, this "chops the bull's head off".
Which is the italian way to say that there isn't much to say nor do about a specific subject.

If Chako says "...if it wasn't for eBay, I would have a very hard time doing this whole MT collecting bit..." we can all just go to bed and shut the smurf up. :D

;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:30:34 PM by VicX »

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #65 on: October 25, 2010, 10:38:00 PM
He does have a good point.  Chacko does account for about 45% of all photos posted here on the forum  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SAW

Offline John74

• New User
Reply #66 on: April 02, 2011, 08:24:35 AM
I too am having difficulties with Gad-zooks:

2010-12-18 -> ordered the following:

Victorinox SwissTool Spirit PLUS Ratchet w/Nylon New
Item# 310279024347   $88.00 USD   1   $88.00 USD
Leatherman Bit Kit Charge TTi, Wave Surge, Skeletool CX
Item# 310279925894   $16.50 USD   1   $16.50 USD
Bicycle mount most AA AAA CR123 flashlights bike light
Item# 310279178356   $13.21 USD   1   $13.21 USD

2011-01-31 --> I e-mailed them that my package has not arrived - no response.

2011-02-03 --> I e-mailed them again.

2011-02-04 --> got an answer:

"I am very sorry about my slow reply. I was out sick for 2 days. I run this business on my own so it can be very difficult when I become ill. I am sorry about that. I hope to hire a part-time employee to help with that sort of situation.

Most of my customers are domestic so unfortunately, most of the messages regarding shipping methods, options, etc. refer to domestic shipping options. All domestic packages have the same tracking information. I will make some changes to clarify the difference for international shipments.

If the package is lost (as determined through a USPS investigation), I will send you a new one at no cost to you at all. I accept responsibility for getting the item delivered to you. Unfortunately, I have had bad experiences with customers claiming that something was not delivered so I replaced it only to find that really it had been delivered. The US Postal investigation process is not as quick as I would like but I've started requiring that to be completed first just to protect myself. It is a shame that a few dishonest folks have ruined it for others who genuinely just want the item that they paid for.  I am sorry about the inconvenience. It can be a difficult balancing act sometimes. Profit margins are very tiny on ebay so every $ is pretty critical. I appreciate your patience with everything.
Best regards,
Lindsey"

2011-03-05 --> I e-mailed them again.

2011-03-08 - got this response:
"I am very sorry about the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we still don't have any news from the Post Office.  I will send a replacement package out to you right now. If you do end up with two, please just write "REFUSED" on the second one and drop it back into the mail.
Thank you,
Lindsey Weaver"

2011-04-02 --> (today) still waiting for the second package.  Will be sending another e-mail to them soon - will keep you posted.

Offline John74

• New User
Reply #67 on: April 09, 2011, 09:52:17 PM
Well I said I would keep you posted. After waiting the requisite week for sickness, and/or any day to day busy business running issues, my last mentioned e-mail to Gad-zooks has had no reply.  It informed them that the second parcel had also not arrived and had requested them to make sure that it had actually been sent.  (In previous posts on this thread, I had seen how a tracking ticket can be issued, but the goods may not actually be sent.)

In my previous post, I kept to the facts.  Here I will venture an opinion or two, because if you're dealing with Gad-zooks from an international location, I think you need to have these in mind.

Firstly, it's very important not to miss your eBay or Paypal 45 day deadline for opening a case.

Secondly, Gad-zooks has a good feedback rating, but there is the loophole that if you can be talked into waiting for 60 days, then you lose your opportunity to place negative feedback.

Being an eBay newbie I made the mistake of being too patient, and got talked into waiting past both the 45 day deadline for opening a case (which I didn't realize until a couple of days too late) and the 60 day deadline for placing feedback as well.
 :oops:
If this was done deliberately, it was done by:
1) Delaying a few days and blaming sickness
2) Saying that a US Postal service inquiry will be necessary.
3) Saying that a second package has been sent.

Please, I am open to suggestions on what to do next.
I guess I will send a final e-mail to Gad-zooks with a link to this thread, and an express wish to be able to close off my story by saying that my goods had finally arrived.  Or, I could send a report to eBay under their feedback manipulation category stating my suspicions about this vendor.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice?

:(

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:21 AM
If you funded the purchase via your creidt card (and it doesn't matter that it went via Paypal) you can make a claim via your credit card company.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline John74

• New User
Reply #69 on: April 20, 2011, 09:11:29 AM
Sorry to say, my final e-mail to Gad-Zooks was also ignored. 
Thanks for that advice Neil - my credit card company reversed the charge.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%