Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

To attention of moderators... What do you think about...

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
To attention of moderators... What do you think about...
on: September 26, 2010, 10:48:31 AM
OK guys, this just have poped up... This forum have spread globally, but there is one obstacle... Language barrier, so my idea is to make new international board (forum part) called... Well what ever you like... something like Multi Language Forum...

General idea is i.e. me and Vlada can make Serbian sub forum and by doing so we can some of ours contrymans which are not involved in current dicusions pure by lack of confident in their English, and some others that do not speak English at all. Sub forums threads would be on native languages, and will follow idea and ethusiasm of MT.O.

Yes I know this idea has a lot of issues, but let's discuss it.

:cheers:

Gojkan Stojinovic aka edcgear....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

Offline fb

Re: To attention of moderators... What do you think about...
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 12:02:11 PM
OK guys, this just have poped up... This forum have spread globally, but there is one obstacle... Language barrier,
This language barrier is a relatively small obstacle for a small group of people. Nobody will laugh if you make language mistakes (I hope).
When creating international subforums you create a huge barrier for the majority of MTO visitors who do not speak a word of the foreign language in that subforum.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 12:11:02 PM
You'r right about that, and it is one of issues concerning. Dough I know some guys that could participate in this idea, and they have some skills in English, just dont realise what you have said: "Nobody will laugh if you make language mistakes (I hope).", they are just intimidated by the idea that they will say something wrong, and.... Sub forums would act like "Welcome hall"....  :)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:36:36 PM
It sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how much it's really needed.  Let's see how many other people chime in and what their thoughts are.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline VicX

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 12:40:46 PM
The intention is good, but wouldn't it look more like a 'ghetto' for those who don't speak english?

Even if many of us make some mistakes, nobody makes fun of it, nobody avoids speaking to a particular member because of his poor english. And I know this because my english sucks and I make tons of mistakes. :D

If there was a separate forum for guys from a particular country, I'm afraid those who don't speak their language wouldn't even bother to check if there's something interesting being discussed.

Being all together it's a chance to improve one's ability with the 'universal' language, in my opinion.

Anyway, good luck with your idea. :cheers:

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 12:45:21 PM
It sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how much it's really needed.  Let's see how many other people chime in and what their thoughts are.

Def

Exactly my thaughts... It's just an idea, so let's discuss it, and see how and where will it lead us...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 12:48:46 PM
By all means, let's discuss it!  A forum doesn't work too well when folks aren't allowed to discuss different ideas! :D

And, just for the record, I wouldn't worry about making any mistakes in English- there are plenty of native English speakers who make a lot of mistakes, so they have nothing to laugh at!  And, if anyone did, our crack team of "Instant Action Moderators" will swoop down and fix things!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 10:48:53 PM
Sounds like a good idea but at the same time not, we would need some new moderators that speak the native language and what language should be accepted? Spanish and Greek, yes. Somali and Swedish, no? What about the filter that filters out the bad language, is there a filter that will filter out Swahili swear words?

I for one can thank this place since my written English have gotten extremely better since I joined up and I believe that
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 01:27:18 AM
I think it's cool if enough people want it, but them wouldn't there be a load of subfora with only 2 or 3 people in who understood each other?  :think:

The people who join here with English as their 2nd, or even 3rd or 4th language have amazing skills that put us to shame - please never worry about grammar or spelling mistakes as they really don't matter and we can work through any other probs along the way. The common language here is "tool" :)

I am severely dyslexic so often have to double check everything and edit it.... some of the others just talk rubbish as standard :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 01:43:16 AM
Everyone will have to PM all their swear words to me, so I can update the censor!  :D

Def

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 02:01:58 AM
Everyone will have to PM all their swear words to me, so I can update the censor!  :D

Def

Ooh, I can swear in quite q few languages :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 02:04:50 AM
The common language here is "tool" :)

And pictures. We love pictures.

00 Offline Mate

Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 02:11:51 PM
Basically great idea, but for example there are only 2 hungarian , me and Ash  :D ...then do we need a subforum for 2 people? (ah , i cant really explain myself in english, but hope you get what i meant :D )

Offline VicX

Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 04:56:11 PM
Basically great idea, but for example there are only 2 hungarian , me and Ash  :D ...then do we need a subforum for 2 people?

Not exactly, one of you will have to be the moderator. The other one could just enter the forum and talk to himself, like Jack Nicholson in 'The Shining'. :D

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 05:32:43 PM
all
all work
all work and
all work and no
all work and no play
all work and no play
................................yada yada yada ::)
:like:    :MTO:

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 12:15:40 PM
The intention is good, but wouldn't it look more like a 'ghetto' for those who don't speak english?

Even if many of us make some mistakes, nobody makes fun of it, nobody avoids speaking to a particular member because of his poor english. And I know this because my english sucks and I make tons of mistakes. :D

If there was a separate forum for guys from a particular country, I'm afraid those who don't speak their language wouldn't even bother to check if there's something interesting being discussed.

Being all together it's a chance to improve one's ability with the 'universal' language, in my opinion.

Anyway, good luck with your idea. :cheers:

quoto.

oops: ditto.

Offline VicX

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87