Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New tricks

tim · 6 · 1070

Offline tim

New tricks
on: September 27, 2010, 01:26:50 AM
After more than a century of refinement, Swiss Knives have got very good at what they do.  But at the same time, they've become a little ... samey.  I'll catch heck for saying that >:D, but it's true: there are dozens of extremely similar models.

The new cheese & bread knife sounds fun, and with that in mind, I wondered what other interesting new designs might be incorporated into a SAK?  Here's a couple of ideas to get things started:

• A decent set of allen keys.  Most bike multitools are rubbish.  I'd love to see Victorinox or Wenger make a simple, compact bike tool which can also be used to make lunch.
  • An oyster knife.  It doesn't have to be terribly speSmurfpillsed - just a short, wide locking blade for prying or carving into tough objects.

What would make you go :drool: ?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: New tricks
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 04:00:09 PM
I'd really like to see Vic or Wenger expand their outdoors collection with a good sized hatchet or belt axe, similar to the Firestone belt axe.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 04:03:31 PM
That is a bloody lovely looking axe  :drool:

I'd like them to make some EDC knives - just single blade, non-locking legal for us. Something akin the wat LM made knives, but obviously not the same :)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

de Offline Jmora

Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 04:42:11 PM
After more than a century of refinement, Swiss Knives have got very good at what they do.  But at the same time, they've become a little ... samey.  I'll catch heck for saying that >:D, but it's true: there are dozens of extremely similar models.

The new cheese & bread knife sounds fun, and with that in mind, I wondered what other interesting new designs might be incorporated into a SAK?  Here's a couple of ideas to get things started:

• A decent set of allen keys.  Most bike multitools are rubbish.  I'd love to see Victorinox or Wenger make a simple, compact bike tool which can also be used to make lunch.
  • An oyster knife.  It doesn't have to be terribly speSmurfpillsed - just a short, wide locking blade for prying or carving into tough objects.

What would make you go :drool: ?

wenger had a good stab at a bike tool:

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Mountain+Bike

unlike victorinox, who tends to stick with their classic tools, wenger has made some very eccentric knife tool selections.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 04:57:36 PM
The large mountain bike tool works very well.  It is heavier than most bike tools and therefore, I think it is not that popular.  The chain breaker is excellent.

us Offline APS

Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 07:02:04 PM
I'd like them to put pocket clips on their OH lines, or at least make available a scale with pocket clip.  Also, come up with a scissors based mini-tool.  And finally, a custom sak creator where you can choose which layers to put together - but I know this is nigh impossible since assembly is done in Switzerland and the cost would be prohibitive.

adam

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD