Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gunshow loot from today:

us Offline bren10man

Gunshow loot from today:
on: February 06, 2011, 01:47:12 AM
I went to the gunshow today.   Besides dumping over $400 on ammunition (500 rounds of .45 ACP, 250 rounds of 9mm NATO, 100 rounds of .380 ACP aka 9mm Kurz, and 200 rounds of 7.62mm NATO...hey, I have lots of "children" and they be "hungry" all the time....), I also picked up the following, all barely used:

Vender #1:
- pre-1987 Champion (yes, another Champion...LOL) with black Zermatt pouch with steel sharpener for $34

Vender #2:
- TSA seized pre-1991 Tinker large with horrible black scales for $8 (hold that thought)
- barely used, if at all pre-1991 Tinker small with Hoffitz marking on it.  This replaces the one lost WAY back in 1992.
- barely used, if at all pre-1991 Super Tinker with Hoffitz marking on it. 
- 2 sets of black replacement scales.
All that from Vender #2 for $70.   

Here is the "hold that thought":
- When I got home, I replaced the horrible black scales on the Tinker with red ones.   I cleaned it up, too.  Inside the scales was grime, hair, etc.  Yucky.   I had to bend back the key ring "fob" (bent).  Fixed that.   It appears this knife was run over or something at one time, but it turned out well.
Then, I took a set of black plus scales I bought today and remedied the 1988 Swiss Champ's ruined scales (courtesy of me and a Dremel tool).   
Sad thing: it appears I lost the toothpick down the drain when I was cleaning the large Tinker.   I put them in the tall bowl it was in, but when I went to retrieve it, gone.  Probably running water.  Guess I gotta go back to gunshow tomorrow.

Oh, BTW: all 3 of these Tinkers I bought today are DEFINATELY pre-1991: no hook, and all 3 have CAN KEYS in the Phillips drivers!!!!
MOLON LABE!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Gunshow loot from today:
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 05:50:55 AM
Sounds like you did good BT :tu:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline bren10man

Pics of the loot:
Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 05:45:55 AM

FYI: the Tinker Large was a TSA seizure for $8.  It originally had black scales in poor condition.   I bought some replacement red scales....cleaned it up....and gave it a tune up.  Works fine now!!

Yep, another Champion...this one came with appears to be unused Zermatt pouch with sharpening steel....for $34, I couldn't pass it up.  I think I have 5 Champions now.....

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:00:04 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69