Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any F1 fans here?

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Any F1 fans here?
on: October 03, 2006, 09:27:29 AM
Anyone here interested in Formula One? This weekends race was great! The technology involved with F1 cars is amazing. To go from 0 to 100 and then back to 0 MPH in around 4 secs is something I can't even imagine. I started watching it 2 and half years ago and have become a huge fan. I've never really liked motor racing before, I'm not a fan of Nascar at all but F1 is different. 
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Any F1 fans here?
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 02:31:33 PM
I used to be a big Indy car fan back in the 80's, before the whole sport self destructed.  :( 
I never followed Formula 1 to closely though. Are there any North American drivers in the circuit these days?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:38:30 AM
Young Scott Speed is the only North American driver in F1 right now.  He is a American from California and drives for Scuderia Toro Rosso.  This is his rookie season.  Former World Champion Jacques Villenuve from Canada was driving for BMW Sauber but left the team I think 3 races ago.
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 01:24:30 PM
I had not heard of this Scott Speed guy. (A very fitting last name.) I do remember hoping that Micheal Andretti would do well in F1, but that was 7 or 8 years ago I think. He didn't do nearly as well as his father did.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 06:53:12 PM
I had not heard of this Scott Speed guy. (A very fitting last name.) I do remember hoping that Micheal Andretti would do well in F1, but that was 7 or 8 years ago I think. He didn't do nearly as well as his father did.
   Then again not very many drivers did as good as his father in so many different many driving disiplines
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 03:49:14 AM
I like Micheal. I REALLY like Mario. I don't know too much about Marco yet.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 03:54:46 AM
I think it would be great to see Marco in F1 one day.  I think it would really get some American interest in F1.
"

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 05:59:09 PM
I like F1, there is great technical and personal skill diplayed on the track.  I would watch it more often but I am always goig something else when they are racing  :(
E

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 01:45:00 PM
Remember Nigel Mansell? I remember when he came over to Indy cars from F1 and won the championship. That guy could really drive.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%