Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Deep, deep space

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Deep, deep space
on: January 21, 2011, 11:07:36 AM
You need to hear the narration to understand the enormity of what you are seeing.  It’s beyond .
Ultra Deep Field  - - - Here is what happened when professional astronomers pointed the Hubble Space Telescope at absolutely nothing and left  it there, first for 10 days,
and then for 11 days.  Then they made the images into a 3-D presentation. Hang on to your seat! 

http://www.flixxy.com/hubble-ultra-deep-field-3d.htm   

By the way, 13 billion light years are about equal to 880,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (880 sextillion) miles.  Be sure you have your sound on.

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Re: Deep, deep space
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:53:31 PM
sextillion? I'm surprised the filter didn't turn it into smurftillion :P
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

fi Offline mtool78

Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 05:53:32 PM
It's weird to think that this image is like a window of a time machine, some of those galaxies have died billions of years before the earth even existed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 07:52:07 PM
i bet there are some awesome alien multitools out there.
:like:    :MTO:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 01:17:31 AM
This is why I can't understand people who don't believe in alien life forms.  Everything that exists has to have been duplicated a million times over at least somewhere in the universe.  Maybe it's not little green men (although the odds favor quite a few species of those!) and maybe it's never traveled to Earth to probe rednecks, but when dealing with numbers of that magnitude, almost every possible scenario is pretty well a certainty.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:41:47 AM
This is why I can't understand people who don't believe in alien life forms.  Everything that exists has to have been duplicated a million times over at least somewhere in the universe.  Maybe it's not little green men (although the odds favor quite a few species of those!) and maybe it's never traveled to Earth to probe rednecks, but when dealing with numbers of that magnitude, almost every possible scenario is pretty well a certainty.

Def

Like (Can we have a like option just like in facebook?)
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 04:37:02 AM
There is a Like button at the top of the thread.  You can Like the thread but not the individual post.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:35:57 AM

Def

if each galaxy had just one planet that has life...well that's a hell of a lot of life out there. Now if each planet that has life has a multiverse on an interpenetrating dimension...well you get my drift.

someone or something IS out there. Best lay low incase they are not friendly.
:like:    :MTO:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD