Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Keep me in your thoughts and prayers
on: September 23, 2007, 04:02:51 PM
Hey everyone, not much of you know but things have been rough around here. With the wife going to school and not making anything but part time money at her job, and then there's me and I am working full time trying to make ends meet. The combined cash flow has been less than encouraging and it's been getting harder and harder to make ends meet. I drive a piece of crap car and it finally died last night after I got off of work. Other than it raining so hard I could hardly stand it and having to push the car about 1000 feet to put it somewhere safe, the night didn't suck that bad. :P The problem now is, not only do we have money issues but I have a car that don't work and that car is the only one I have to go from work to home (35 miles one way). We have two vehicles but she needs the other one to go to her job and to go to school in the evenings.

I really don't know what I am going to do and I just pray to god everything works out ok, things have been bad enough as it is. Sometimes do you feel like your being tested? And someone is trying to see where your breaking point is? Well I am done being tested, if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all....someone needs to throw some good luck my way. It's just really depressing and wanted to ask all of you to keep me in your thoughts, hoping that in the end it will work out. Cause I don't have any money to fix the car, let alone tow it to some place to fix it. I am so much in a pickle it isn't even funny.

David

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Keep me in your thoughts and prayers
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 04:13:17 PM
Hang in there Dave! Looks like you're in for some rough sledding, but don't let it beat you. Remember the wife and kids too,they're looking to you for their own courage.

Sounds like the transportation issue is the big problem at the moment. Is there anyone else nearby that you or your wife could carpool with?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 04:23:42 PM
35 miles huh?  You could probably do that on your bike...

Of course you wouldn't be in much shape to work after that!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 05:43:49 PM
Tough break mate :(

Couldn't you use the train  ??? maybe take a pushbike with you and cycle to and from the train station ???
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 06:11:12 PM
Is it possible for you or your Wife drive one another to and from work?  Surely one person would have to show up early, and one person would be picked up late, but it's something to think about until you get another car up and running.

[

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 06:43:48 PM
Wow, that bites. My wife and I have been doing the one car thing for months now (although she can borrow my moms/sisters car sometimes), and it's also an old junker (a '91 prism). , and I'm in school so we're on 1 1/2 salary too. Kinda similar, huh :D I know what you mean about being tested, and sometimes I think that's what it is too. I try to remember that the testing is probably for my own good, getting rid of the crappy parts of me and growing up the good ones. Look upwards for help, and I'm sure you'll find it!! :) Keep us posted on how you're managing...

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 07:37:56 PM
It may not mean much but your are in my thoughts I hope that things turn out for you
I really hate to offer advice at these times but here goes I had similar troubles when my old beater blew up (literally) on a busy road
1st step friends /family short term for lifts and the laon of a vehicle now and again
2nd step credit union at work for short term loan
3rd step friend of my father has contacts in the motor trade who found me a cheap but useable run around (looked like **** but it ran and it was better than walking )
I hope that things work out

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 08:10:58 PM
Thanks guys, the next couple of days we are going to play it by ear. Tomorrow when I get to work I will see again if it will crank up, hoping to god it was a wiring issue or something and caused by the immense rain we had yesterday. I'll keep my chin up

David

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 08:25:09 PM
Good luck David!  If you need some "long distance" diagnosis help with the car, shoot me an email or pm.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 10:08:25 PM
David,if it's any consolation,I and undoubtedly many others here have been in your situation times before.Trust me,as confounding as it appears to be for you,things will work through,keep your faith and your patience.Try your best to keep a clear,calm frame of mind,and answers will come to you.
I

Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 10:39:17 PM
Thanks guys, the next couple of days we are going to play it by ear. Tomorrow when I get to work I will see again if it will crank up, hoping to god it was a wiring issue or something and caused by the immense rain we had yesterday. I'll keep my chin up

David
You'll probably be fine and like you say it'll be the rain in the electrics, so take loads of wd40 with you :)

The only time a complete break down happened to me was on my mz251 when the electrics just got absolutly saturated with rain (litterally 5-6 inches in an hour :o).

Went back next day, half a can of wd40 and she was right as the wet stuff again :)

I miss that bike :cry:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QJI--3Hlfpk

Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 04:43:32 PM
How was the car then mate ???

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 12:09:27 AM
Hang in there man.  I wont go into details but I was riding high a few months ago.  Now I think that life sucks because I have a bad couple of months.  Then I think of it and I hang in there because I know that I will make it because I have to.  I offer not only my prayers but I give you this advice.  REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!! 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 12:13:18 AM
Yup.  You'll know it's time to give in when they start shoveling dirt on your box!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 12:16:11 AM
Yup.  You'll know it's time to give in when they start shoveling dirt on your box!

Def

Even then I'll be clawing my way out. I plan on haunting a couple couple folks in particular, for decades after I pass.  ;D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 12:26:57 AM
Anyone we know? :P

Def

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 05:11:15 AM
I am afraid of ghosts. :)  Although I hope all of us get a chance to meet someday dont meet me unless you are in a physical body unless you want ghostly company because I'd have a heart attack. :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 01:04:15 PM
An archaeologist who is afraid of ghosts?  Wouldn't that have gotten in the way of some of your digs, what with disturbing burial grounds and exploring tombs and all?

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 02:37:01 AM
An archaeologist who is afraid of ghosts?  Wouldn't that have gotten in the way of some of your digs, what with disturbing burial grounds and exploring tombs and all?

Def

Maybe he knows something about ghosts we don't!  :o

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 02:50:45 AM

Def

Maybe he knows something about ghosts we don't!  :o

Actually, I am trying to be funny. :)  I dont really fear ghosts

I am going to go a little off topic here and yall are going to think that I am nuts.  I swear that I am not one of those newagehippiespiritualfolks.

Ghosts or spirits frighten people because it is somthing that they are not exposed to in a friendly light.  They are all around us.  Next time that you are in an old house where a now deceased person used to live, reach out with your minds feelings.  You will feel "presences" some may feel warm like the feeling you get in the company of a good friend.  Others are colder and can be somewhat frightening at times.  Pets also have spirits.  Everytime I am tinkering in my mothers house I can still feel the company of my beloved now deceased dog.(I had a basset hound for 15 years)  Her spirit is there and she still moves through the house.  Pay attention to this the next time you think you are alone, and you will realize that you are not alone at all. :)   

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%