Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Zodiac Classic series

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Victorinox Zodiac Classic series
on: October 27, 2010, 03:27:31 PM
I recently bought this Classic from the Zodiac series:

It is Gemini of course ;) There is a picture of the complete series at the SAKWiki.

I also have Aries:

But I just saw another Gemini version on eBay yesterday. Can't find it anymore, but it definitely had another Gemini sign on the front. It's also in this picture (thanks to http://sakfan.blogspot.com.

Does anyone know more about the different series? I always thought there were 2 different series: the one my Gemini and Aries are from and the Zodiac Passion series, which is very different :D
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Victorinox Zodiac Classic series
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:37:35 PM
There quite novel :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:53:13 AM
Nice photos. You should upload them to the SAKWicki since I think those are a couple that we do not have individual photos on yet. I have a 6 or 7 old style and 1 new style in my collection that actually I am going to part with. From what I have heard about the series the newest series was an Asian market request. The differences between those Gemini I had noticed before but have no answer for. It would seem there were 2 different releases of the Zodiac series with the inlaid metal signs. One very knowledgeable Victorinox person mentioned to me that there might have been a cobalt blue set made as well but in the years I have been collecting I have not even seen a photo of one so I am not so sure about that.

One thing some might not know about this series except by looking them over is the original red classic series has both the Zodiac "symbol" and the "picture" for each one on the front, while the newest series that is printed has the symbol on one side and the picture with the name on the opposite side.

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 04:05:53 PM
By the way, I do believe the second photo you have labeled "Aries" is actually the "Capricorn" symbol.
I also have Aries:

(Image removed from quote.)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 04:18:24 PM
The newer series does look good though. I don't have any of the older ones yet.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 04:19:32 PM
I don't have any of the older ones yet.

Do you recognize the Gemini knife? :D

By the way, I do believe the second photo you have labeled "Aries" is actually the "Capricorn" symbol.

:ahhh You're right!  :oops:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:21:26 PM by Reinier »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 04:20:42 PM
 :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 05:03:10 PM
Nice photos. You should upload them to the SAKWicki since I think those are a couple that we do not have individual photos on yet

Done!
But I made 2 mistakes  :o Can I remove images from the SAKWiki gallery?

cn Offline kazuya

Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 06:10:11 PM
old Gemini knife  :drool:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:12:31 PM by kazuya »

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 11:23:49 PM
Nice photos. You should upload them to the SAKWicki since I think those are a couple that we do not have individual photos on yet

Done!
But I made 2 mistakes  :o Can I remove images from the SAKWiki gallery?
No, I think only those with Admin access can delete photos. Just give a shout out about which ones to delete and why and I am sure one of us here will take care of it.

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 12:21:08 AM
I recently bought this Classic from the Zodiac series:

(Image removed from quote.).

But I just saw another Gemini version on eBay yesterday. Can't find it anymore, but it definitely had another Gemini sign on the front. It's also in this picture (thanks to http://sakfan.blogspot.com.

I spotted that other Gemini Zodiac you mentioned here and after looking at it I think it may be newer than the older Zodiac Classics since it has the "SD" nail file instead of the nail cleaner tip. I have several of the old Zodiac classics and most have the nail cleaner tip but I do have a Sagittarius with the "SD" nail file.

There must have been a second series of these released later after the new style "SD" nail file came out. It is interesting though that this Gemini has a completely different stylized logo for the twins than the original set.  :think:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 08:11:18 PM
Interesting!  I didn't know about a 3rd Zodiac series.  It's nice how just as we the handle on one think there is something else poping up.

Hopefuly we can find some more information on the red cellidor classic-SD zodiac series.

As always with SAKS is gets a bit more merky.  I have a complete set of older ZODIAC classic knoves, plus a couple I've picked up and I can add a couple pieces of information. 

First there are bright red cases, like shown on SAKwiki, and darker burgandy colored hard cases used for various knives from Victorinox.  The stickers on the top of the bright red boxes are silver/black, on the burgandy boxes they are in gold/black.

A third thing is that my Gemini one is in a Burgandy box with a gold symbol on the box, the symbol is identical to the first Gemini inlay shown in this thread.  However, on the knife is the second inlay shown in this thread where the ancient symbol is extra large, but again it's not identical because it's a Classic model, not a Classic-SD as shown in this thread.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%