Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

C.R.K.T. - Eat'n Tool

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
C.R.K.T. - Eat'n Tool
on: March 26, 2011, 05:21:56 PM
Here's my 2 cent...  ;)

When we talk about multitools, gadgets and everyday carry an unavoidable companie, among others, is CRKT - Columbia River Knife and Tool's. From their studio ID Works which is responsible for the design of equipment and gadgets comes what is widely known as SPORK.

Eat'n Tool is essentially a small pocket gadget with several functions. Basically it's a small spoon with carved teeth on top that could be used as a fork. Like all other multitools this one will not completely replace the regular spoon and fork, but certainly in some circumstances will be very useful. When we are talking about specific conditions, they mainly refers to hiking, nature walks, camping, picnics, hunting, fishing, cycling and all of the outdoors activities, where it is necessary to reduce the weight of equipment and maximal utilisation all carried equipment. It is in these circumstances is C.R.K.T. Eat'n Tool best coping tool and shows its full functionality.

Besides the basic functions of spoons and fork - Spork, Eat'n Tool has several additional options that can be used. On one part you can find a bottle opener, there is also a flat screwdriver that can be used as a lever/pry, and three metric wrench key (8, 9 and 10). Also for easy carrying and that tool would not be misplaced Eat'n Tool is equipped with a small aluminum carabineer.

C.R.K.T. Eat'n Tool is only 10ish cm long and weighs only 43gr, it is made of stainless steel 3CR13 which is also known as "plastic mold steel" and it is highly resistant to corrosion and has good overall performance. Finishing of this tool is bead blast surface, and it is very pleasant to the touch and the eye.

After using Eat'n Tool several times I finally concluded that it is very versatile and useful addition to my equipment. It served great for couple of cans of peas and beans, rice and stew, and roasted meat. But I also must admit that eating the food from any deeper vessels is somewhat awkward because of the small length of Eat'n Tool, and this is the main disanvantage to it.

If you are active outdoorsman, going for long walks in nature, hiking, excursions or ride a mountain bike, be sure to secure yourself a CRKT Eat'n Tool, as you will provide yourselve a mouthfull at an extremely affordable price, and then some more.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

au Offline Cyclone82

Re: C.R.K.T. - Eat'n Tool
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 04:44:23 PM
I got 2 black ones of these and i want to get 2 silver ones too. I like the packaging too, the colours are very eye catching.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:53:03 PM
Black ones look great!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 05:26:22 PM
I haven't used mine yet though but i should sometime.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 08:29:56 PM
would be even better if they can add a can opener to it :)
I

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 05:09:39 PM
People said that on You Tube but it got a negative response as the can opener would cut into your leg if you had the tool in your pocket.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 08:26:50 PM
I personally have issues with so much bottle openers arround, can opener would be over top for me...

We (as in most of us who uses this gadgets) carry SAK which have both, bottle and can opener...  :climber: :tu:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 01:41:41 PM
Yeah exactly, i think they just put the bottle opener on there just to use up the space really and i agree that most people who would use the eat-n tool would have some sort of other multi tool on them already with a can opener.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%