Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Does anyone know if Wenger made a Cyclist with Scissors?

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
I can't find it on SAKWiki....

Thanks!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Does anyone know if Wenger made a Cyclist with Scissors?
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 02:28:47 AM
One of the big issues, and indeed the reason behind SAKWiki, is that there is not really a lot of actual information regarding various models and dates of a lot of knives.  So, by pooling everyone's info together, we hoped to build a clearer picture of what was done and when.

Wenger is particularly difficult to find info on, as a large portion of their factory burned down in 1986, destroying pretty well all of their records. So, while I can say pretty certainly that if it isn't on SAKWiki, it's not likely that any of our members have encountered one.  That having been said, guys are uncovering previously unheard of models all the time, so it is potentially out there.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cn Offline kazuya

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 04:41:44 PM
never seen

Wenger Nomad ???
http://www.smartknives.com/Wenger-Knives/Wenger-Nomad-Knife.htm

That is it!  when I first read your post I was thinking "No, I checked the nomad on sakwiki and it wasn't it."   Now I realize that when you look on sakwiki at the Cyclist, the link to the similar Nomad at the bottom of the page is bad.  It links to the Vic Nomad, not the Wenger Nomad.

If I go straight to the sakwiki 85mm wenger list and hit the NOmad link, it goes to the right one.

Thanks!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 12:52:21 AM
never seen

Wenger Nomad ???
http://www.smartknives.com/Wenger-Knives/Wenger-Nomad-Knife.htm

That is it!  when I first read your post I was thinking "No, I checked the nomad on sakwiki and it wasn't it."   Now I realize that when you look on sakwiki at the Cyclist, the link to the similar Nomad at the bottom of the page is bad.  It links to the Vic Nomad, not the Wenger Nomad.

If I go straight to the sakwiki 85mm wenger list and hit the NOmad link, it goes to the right one.

Thanks!

A bit of a necro.

I was searching for SAKs with the Universal Wrench for a possible mod. I was just looking at the Cyclist, clicked on the Nomad link, saw the error, fixed it, continued to browse for the Cyclist and found this thread. Talk about doing things in reverse.  :D

Wenger is particularly difficult to find info on, as a large portion of their factory burned down in 1986, destroying pretty well all of their records.

Def

Interesting, didn't know about the fire. That explains a lot about the missing info on the Wengers.

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:06:21 AM
About the closest thing to a Cyclist with scissors would be the Nomad, #16988. It's a nine-blade knife that basically adds a scissors, and swaps the nail file for a pen blade.

Karl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23732861@N00/5264028940/#

Just went back and reread the thread and realized the Nomad was already discussed. Some days the brain works better than others.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:32:02 AM by ColoSwiss »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD