Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Tool Finder

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Victorinox Tool Finder
on: November 16, 2010, 04:18:16 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted but I don't remember it being available until today!   Check out the SAK builder of sorts:

http://www.victorinox.com/content/toolfinder/category/1
SAW

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Victorinox Tool Finder
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 04:28:11 PM
That has been there for at least a couple of months. I found a lot of errors/omissions so I stopped using it ;) For example, if you select the CyberTool bit case, it suggests the SwissTool. While I do understand why, it's actually incorrect (it's a completely different bit set). Select the CT bit holder (wrench) and there are no suggestions at all. The 5th picture is a combo tool, not the regular cap lifter. And there are more errors, but I don't remember which ;)

I like the concept, though :tu:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 04:32:50 PM
It reminds me a little of my online pizza store.  They show you a 3d pizza with all the toppings as you add them.  Everyone's going that route it seems.  Now if only they could get it working properly  :)

I'm sure I speak for just about all of us when I say, the most awesome thing ever would be that same interface, but a "Build your own SAK" feature  >:D  I'd pay a little extra for that  :cheers:
SAW

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 04:47:19 PM
That widget or a variation on it has been around for a long time. 

Its be good if you could whack in what you wanted and then have it built :D
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 05:09:09 PM
With that in mind (a "configure your own SAK" module), Victorinox should try to standardize the implements (thickness, shape, etc.) so that all tools can be combined any way you want :P

(Victorinox would then send all the parts to Neil anyway ;) )
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

de Offline Thehunt

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:19:33 PM
When I met with the Victorinox-Crew in summer (http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,21438.msg398411.html#msg398411 ), I mentioned the hickups as well.

They told me, they were working on it, but it will take time, as there are more pressing things in the work...
M

de Offline Jmora

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 10:34:13 PM
With that in mind (a "configure your own SAK" module), Victorinox should try to standardize the implements (thickness, shape, etc.) so that all tools can be combined any way you want :P

(Victorinox would then send all the parts to Neil anyway ;) )

I wonder whether standardizing the parts would compromise the quality. when I look at a CT41 from the top and see all the layers, there is something elegant about the different thicknesses of the layers, each tool is the right size for its purpose. The saw is thin enough so that it doesn't put too much of a gap in the wood, the file is thick enough not to bend when applying pressure. Its possible even all the different tools have different tempered steels, who knows.

de Offline Jmora

Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:05:37 PM
When I met with the Victorinox-Crew in summer (http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,21438.msg398411.html#msg398411 ), I mentioned the hickups as well.

They told me, they were working on it, but it will take time, as there are more pressing things in the work...

that was a cool thread, I missed that one before.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%