Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Changes in my EDC Vic Fireman

br Offline edursr

Changes in my EDC Vic Fireman
on: November 21, 2010, 01:17:44 AM
When I go hiking, the knife I like to take with me in my pocket or in my camelback is a Fireman, which I even made a small hole close to the corkscrew to take a pin(I wonder why Victorinox does not make it for us). :think:
I really would like to add a pocket clip to it, like the one that came in the Sentinel.
Anyone knows if it is possible? ???

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Re: Changes in my EDC Vic Fireman
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:40:16 AM
Maybe look at adding one of these eclipse to your Fireman.

br Offline edursr

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 05:29:47 AM
Well, that's not a bad idea... :think:

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 12:18:02 PM
Yeah, I was going to suggest an eclipse.  I've not tried one myself but I've read several positive reponses from people who have.

A less ideal option would be to make a short paracord lanyard with a pocket clip on the end.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 04:46:11 PM
If you like the Fireman,,  Try the OH-Fireman :tu:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 04:53:46 PM
I prefer the 2HO blades because the blade retains a better profile IMO...  Their OHO blades are a bit hiddeous the way their thumb hole takes up half the blade.  :pok:  :twak:
SAW

br Offline edursr

Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 05:22:55 PM
I prefer the 2HO blades because the blade retains a better profile IMO...  Their OHO blades are a bit hiddeous the way their thumb hole takes up half the blade.  :pok:  :twak:
I feel the same...I like tho 2HO blades because it is easyer to peel fruits with it and has no dents on the blade... :o

I thought about the OHO fireman without the serrated blade(I found one seller on ebay that had it) and with the sentinel handles that comes with the Victorinox original pocket clip(I would have to buy one and switch the handles)...

but since I already have this one, I bought a eclipse to put on it, waiting for it to arrive.

my only fear is that it would get too thick to carry in my pocket...but let's see :tu:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 12:07:10 AM
If you're using the clip I think the width will be fine, but if you carry it in a pocket without using the clip it is a bit weird, but I'm sure it depends on the pocket. 

I also in general like the regular spear profile of the non-OH blade for general use, but the OH blades are really amazing, the serrations are great for many things and OH opening is great when your on a ladder or otherwise have one hand already in use. I think it depends on the how the blade is most often used.  For general outdoor lunch duty I still prefer old slide-lock models.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%