Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger SI Blade

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Wenger SI Blade
on: December 28, 2010, 02:10:38 AM
Hello All!
First post to this forum, though I've been looking around here for a while. I have an '01 Wenger SI that has a pretty beat up blade.  It's still perfectly functional, the damage is purely cosmetic.  Still, I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions as to repairing/replacing the blade. Is it even worth it?  It's not my EDC knife, I carry a Super Tinker every day, with a Farmer on order.  I just think that the issue knife is neat (I would love to find one whose date matches my Model 1911 Schmidt-Rubin!). Thanks for any suggestions!
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Wenger SI Blade
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 09:17:44 AM
Welcome to the forum :tu:

SI's do make fantastic users, so I'd be inclined to make a bit of a project of it, and restore it myself :)

Having said that, if it's too far gone you could send it in to Wenger to be renovated :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:32:56 AM
I'd give some serious consideration to just polishing it up and giving it a quick trip over a sharpening stone and put it back in service.  Unless there's some relevance to the date (the number stamped into the back of the blade) then it doesn't really make any financial sense to do much else with them.  They are great knives that take a serious pounding and can be found at super inexpensive prices.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 10:01:57 PM
Hello All!
First post to this forum, though I've been looking around here for a while. I have an '01 Wenger SI that has a pretty beat up blade.  It's still perfectly functional, the damage is purely cosmetic.  Still, I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions as to repairing/replacing the blade. Is it even worth it?  It's not my EDC knife, I carry a Super Tinker every day, with a Farmer on order.  I just think that the issue knife is neat (I would love to find one whose date matches my Model 1911 Schmidt-Rubin!). Thanks for any suggestions!

Welcome to MTO! Wow, I bet THIS ONE has potential!  :D
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%