Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Traveller Lite

us Offline bren10man

Traveller Lite
on: January 26, 2011, 06:05:36 AM
Well, after getting the first one stolen, the wrong replacement knife in September (a Voyager lite in mis-labled at the fatory packaging), I FINALLY got my replacement Traveller Lite...worth the wait. Good thing I kept the older non-US box (pictured), the U.S. box came with no instructions, booklet, etc.   And the inner was plastic (YUCK!!).   Never fear: I took that box, removed the U.S. code sticker, and it now houses my Space Shuttle SAK.

This thing is NOT waterproof, and dare I say not dust proof.  Note the openings in the scale inside the knife:

Expensive, yes.  But worth it.   Easy to use once you figure it out.   I chose this over Expedition Lite kit.  I compared the two knives.  I didn't need the two saws and all the other things on the bottom, the thickness was another issue, and didn't want to pay over $200 for it.  So, $100-$120 to pay (range I have seen them in) seemed OK to me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:08:49 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

us Offline alelser

• Suspected Sakilicious
Re: Traveller Lite
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 04:35:15 PM
Very nice. I recently came into a Voyager and really like the clock/watch built into the scale. I am really considering picking up either the Traveller Lite or Expedition Lite for use while hiking and camping so I can sell the Casio Pathfinder -- a watch that I have to get out the manual for every time I want to use it.

If you plan to put yours through the paces I'd love to hear a long-term review at some point. :)

Nice score.

-Al-
Let us therefore open the book of Nature and read in her records.
--James Hutton

Sakilicious!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:29:02 PM
Very glad to see you've finally managed to get your hands on it.  :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 03:39:11 AM
Very nice knife.  I'm sure the price is the only thing holding back this model from wider adoption.

au Offline Vemo

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 06:28:57 AM
Great knife! I've had one of these for a couple of years now and find it a useful EDC. When I'm out camping and trekking I find the  temperature and altimeter fun to have. Also as an ex-meteorologist the air pressure gauge is useful if you are out for a few days and need to keep an eye on the changing weather. Until recently I didn't realise the scales were unique (correct me if I'm wrong) to this model, they are quite tough. I mentioned in an earlier post that the Traveller Lite comes with its own unique little pouch that has a cut-out on the side to view the display and a small hole in the base to allow the light to shine, and even a shield to press to operate the display!
I'm considering the Expedition Lite as my next SAK, since I like to have a saw when I'm camping. They are expensive. There are a couple of German sellers that have them at a reasonable price though.
Hope you enjoy it!
Ian

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 06:59:36 AM
Great knife! ..... Until recently I didn't realise the scales were unique (correct me if I'm wrong) to this model, they are quite tough. .....

The scales are not unique to this model, they are included on modules that have what I call the "Digital" scales.  They are very tough, as is needed to protect the more delecate electronics, they have good grip, and look pretty good if you ask me.  I'm not sure what they are made of; I was thinking Nylon at one time, but I'm now leaning towards some ABS plastic variant.

The Expedition light will have the same scales, and the regular Traveller alsoI beleive, as does the monster show piece the XAVT.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%