Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Custom SAK

Viper · 22 · 4124

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Custom SAK
on: October 26, 2007, 07:35:48 AM
Do any of you guys remember that website that had two custom SAKs for sale (they had a ton of each of them) and one of them had a screwdriver on the front and back, etc.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
[

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Custom SAK
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 09:37:06 AM
I'm afraid not mate, have you got a few more details ???
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 10:36:41 AM
sounds like the smoky mtn knifeworks custom gardener and electrician..they had the t-handle type screwdriver and the straight screwdriver...the only difference is that the gardener has a pruning blade and the electriciam has an electrician's blade and the gardener has green scales and the electrician has yellow. hope this helps!

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?Mode=Brand&Brand=117&CatalogName=&PriceStart=&PriceEnd=&Feature=&SearchText=master+gardener&list=10&range=1&order=Default&SKU=V59680

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?Mode=Brand&Brand=117&CatalogName=&PriceStart=&PriceEnd=&Feature=&SearchText=master+gardener&list=10&range=1&order=Default&SKU=V59681

"

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 06:45:42 PM
sounds like the smoky mtn knifeworks custom gardener and electrician..they had the t-handle type screwdriver and the straight screwdriver...the only difference is that the gardener has a pruning blade and the electriciam has an electrician's blade and the gardener has green scales and the electrician has yellow. hope this helps!

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?Mode=Brand&Brand=117&CatalogName=&PriceStart=&PriceEnd=&Feature=&SearchText=master+gardener&list=10&range=1&order=Default&SKU=V59680

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?Mode=Brand&Brand=117&CatalogName=&PriceStart=&PriceEnd=&Feature=&SearchText=master+gardener&list=10&range=1&order=Default&SKU=V59681

Me like them!  :)
I'm back!!

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 03:38:35 AM
Yes, thank you very much!

By the way, the Electrician also has pliers instead of a saw!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:40:15 AM by Viper »
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 05:05:28 AM
Damn, them two don't look half bad do they?  :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 09:31:33 AM
Damn, them two don't look half bad do they?  :)
They do look pretty sweet, don't they ::)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 01:59:53 PM
Both of those make me think that there's a reason Victorinox doesn't offer folks the chance to design their own SAKs.  The redundancy of the phillips to me is like putting spinners on a Rolls.  Certain tools have to be paired with other tools so they all fit into the space that was crafted for them.  Start slapping parts together and you get SAKs like these.  I would expect that kind of configuration from a modder, but not in a factory issue.  Of course, this isn't technically a factory issue, so we can't blame Vic for it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline ufox9al

Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 07:58:26 PM
I think these are designed for a Canadian modder - you are supposed to grind down one of the Phillips heads to Robertson #2  :pok:
Alexei
-------
Alexei

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 06:00:59 PM
Both of those make me think that there's a reason Victorinox doesn't offer folks the chance to design their own SAKs.  The redundancy of the phillips to me is like putting spinners on a Rolls.  Certain tools have to be paired with other tools so they all fit into the space that was crafted for them.  Start slapping parts together and you get SAKs like these.  I would expect that kind of configuration from a modder, but not in a factory issue.  Of course, this isn't technically a factory issue, so we can't blame Vic for it!

Def

I don't really understand the dual phillips (why not try a torx or maybe a shorter version of the cybertool bit driver?), either...I think these were both made specifically for SMKW....They have an excellent vic selection, their wenger selection isn't as good, but they hit all the high points...I was there last week and was able to check out the selection and they still have both the gardener and electrician, plus a lot of exclusive scale patterns, like a fisherman with a screened pic of a bass and a hunter with a deer, and I think they might have a few changes to the implements as well, but I can't recall right now. Usually you can just do a search online and find what you're looking for.

www.eknifeworks.com
"

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 06:19:02 PM
That's exactly my point.  When folks who don't know any better start designing SAKs without really understanding the inner workings and the relationships from one tool to the next, you get that kind of duplication.  Frankly, I think both models would have been better off with corkscrews and the teeny eyeglass screwdrivers than a second phillips, but my guess is someone wasn't thinking.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 06:26:03 PM
Yeah, they list them as different sizes in the list of features, but they are almost the ame size.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 08:19:18 PM
That's exactly my point.  When folks who don't know any better start designing SAKs without really understanding the inner workings and the relationships from one tool to the next.........
Def

I don't follow...wouldn't these two models have came straight from the Victorinox factory?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 08:39:42 PM
You can order any configuration from Victorinox that you'd like, provided you order at least 4,999 backups for it.  The knives were built by Victorinox to the specs of someone at SMKW who obviously didn't think it through.

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 11:36:38 PM
Got it

(Tho' it seems like someone in the know at Vic would have said something? Maybe not.)

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 03:09:40 AM
Got it

(Tho' it seems like someone in the know at Vic would have said something? Maybe not.)

Not. You would deal with corporate sales staff and let me tell you, my Vic rep is one of the dumbest (sorry, make that unknowledgeable) people (about SAKs) I know. I constantly have to explain things to him. If I ask him about anything not in the catalog, he doesn't have a clue.
T

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 03:14:40 AM
Plus, why upset someone who has just bought about 10,000 SAKs?

Def

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 03:19:12 AM
Plus, why upset someone who has just bought about 10,000 SAKs?

Def

Exactly, the customer is always right, right?
T

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 03:27:28 AM
10,000 knives, at around $15 (estimate)/knife.... I'm guessing no one at the Elsener Chalet is going to be eating dog food for a very long time!

Def

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 03:32:59 AM
Hey Def, it's the middle of the night up north. Shouldn't you be in bed?
T

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 05:18:00 PM

Def doesn't sleep.

He needs to keep us in check.   ;)
I'm back!!

Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 07:24:21 PM

Def doesn't sleep.

He needs to keep us in check.   ;)
The real reason is, as kingpin and self confessed snappy dresser, he has to be out ''defending'' the laydeez at night :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD