Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM Style CS to fit my needs

us Offline borgdog

LM Style CS to fit my needs
on: February 09, 2011, 04:42:51 AM
Hi all, I believe this may be my 1st post.  I've been lurking for a little while since I have been trying to figure out how to mod my EDC for my work environment.  I mostly use a screwdriver and pliers, and open a lot of boxes.  Unfortunately I am unable to carry a weapon (read knife blade) at work, so have taken the blade out of my Skeletool CX and just use the driver and pliers but have added a can opener from a Charge xti to cut open tape on boxes.  But that is another post when/if I finish modding that to my needs.  I didn't want to start cutting up my skeletool cx as it ain't cheap, so I decided to try some experimenting on it's little brother the Style CS because it is cheap.

Anyway, first things first I swapped in the pliers from a Squirt PS4, fairly easy to do once i cut off the rivets holding the squit together. 
pliers.jpg
* pliers.jpg (Filesize: 83.89 KB)

us Offline borgdog

Re: LM Style CS to fit my needs
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:44:45 AM
Next, I removed the next to worthless screwdriver/file from the back of the Style CS and with a little trimming of the plastic side put in the scissors from the disassembled squirt.  A little more work, but not bad either.  It does extend straight out like it's designed to, I just didn't take a pic in that arrangement.
sissorso.jpg
* sissorso.jpg (Filesize: 65.99 KB)
sissorsc.jpg
* sissorsc.jpg (Filesize: 81.56 KB)

us Offline borgdog

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:48:49 AM
So lastly, I wanted a screwdriver, and not just one, I needed several different sizes and types.  This one took a bit more thinking, but after removing the not-allowed blade, I cut and ground down my leatherman bit extender to fit in the spot, drilled a nice little hole, and Bob's your auntie!

Closed it's a little thick compared to it's length, but open it snaps into place nicely and makes a pretty good little bit driver.

bit1.jpg
* bit1.jpg (Filesize: 70.92 KB)
bit2.jpg
* bit2.jpg (Filesize: 72.81 KB)

us Offline borgdog

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 04:54:02 AM
And lastly here is a pic with the bit driver folded into the tool from the edge to give you an idea of the thickness.  So far I have not carried it to work, only puttered around the house with it, but it works pretty good.  I need to find/make a sheath that will work to hold it and at least one of the Leatherman bit holders, my pockets already have too much crap in them to add more.  My plan is to make a similar bit holder for the Skeletool, but thinner to just hold the Leatherman flat bits which should make it somewhat thinner.  Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

Dan
bit3.jpg
* bit3.jpg (Filesize: 60.29 KB)

us Offline borgdog

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:57:54 AM
hmmmm, I was just looking at the pics, and noticed that the tweezers might actually fit back in there.  I hadn't thought about it as i don't know if I'd ever use them, but I'll have to find them and give it a try.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 10:14:32 AM

That's a great job and looks very interesting  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline EvilOlivE

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 06:27:38 PM
Wow that bit driver is really cool, nice work!  :tu:

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 07:46:37 PM
Not much of the original left :D

Glad you were able to make a tool to fit your needs :tu:  and good luck on the pouch hunt /construction.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

us Offline Agent X68

• "My blackberry's not working" (see sig for video)
Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 09:28:44 PM
Great job!  :)
It looks like the design that i was planing to make a while back, with a screwdriver.
Anyways, great job and i am looking forward to seeing your work.
Make a tool idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. Also, Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
:)  See my personal text:

us Offline fly104857

Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 02:20:07 AM
 :salute: Nice job. I think highly of anyone's mods. Everyone has different needs of their tools. I hope more mfg's make it easier for ust to modify.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 09:07:20 PM
I'm not quite sure I could live with the bit driver myself, but there's no doubt that's an excellent mod. :salute:

:cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 04:46:57 AM
Like Gareth, I'm not sure I like the driver but if it works for you it looks great! After all, we don't mod to make everyone happy, just ourselves. :) I wouldn't try flying with it, or taking it into a courthouse, but for an office where you can't even have a tiny blade, this has a lot of rock to it and not a bit of suck.

As for a pouch, I'm not sure, but maybe the Countycomm/Maratac lighter case? It is designed to hold a Zippo.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 10:39:11 AM
It looks like a well-thoughtout mod.  How well does the bit holder work since it does not lock?
SAW

us Offline borgdog

Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 04:19:36 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

To answer sawman's question, the driver works fine as long as it is not something that requires too much force.  Mostly I work on computers and AV equipment and it has no problem with any of those so far.  Still working on a sheath.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%