Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is this normal?

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Is this normal?
on: February 16, 2011, 08:47:04 PM
My SwissChamp cellidor (just one side) is a bit divided from al body? It is a side with tweezers and swiss cross symbol... It's a bit flymsy, and seems like its not firmly hold on ....... (don't know exact word for those little round thingy which hold cellidor firmly attached). Both end points holds firmly, but middle is flymsy... Should I get worried?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: Is this normal?
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 08:55:03 PM
Are you saying the scale is coming away from the outer liner?  That shouldn't happen on a new SAK.  The scales snap on tightly.  A couple things can cause them to separate away:

1.  Brass pins stick out too far
2.  Liner is bent
3.  The scale came off previously and the retainer isn't tight enough on the scale now
4.  Something is (or was) wedged under the scale.

See if you can press it back on all the way.  Otherwise, you can send it in to Vic or get new scales and put them on yourself.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Re: Is this normal?
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 09:12:11 PM
Are you saying the scale is coming away from the outer liner?  That shouldn't happen on a new SAK.  The scales snap on tightly.  A couple things can cause them to separate away:

1.  Brass pins stick out too far
2.  Liner is bent
3.  The scale came off previously and the retainer isn't tight enough on the scale now
4.  Something is (or was) wedged under the scale.

See if you can press it back on all the way.  Otherwise, you can send it in to Vic or get new scales and put them on yourself.

I suspect it's No 3...

BTW, it's not new, it's more new-ish... I've used it, and ware it... And yes, he slipped my hands  :-[ ... But I've noticed this tonight, I've been maintaining my gear, and saw this...  :o
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12