Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Astronaut

kirk13 · 112 · 19422

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Vic Astronaut
Reply #90 on: February 02, 2014, 01:08:16 PM
Looks like an inlay :tu:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline Philby

Reply #91 on: February 02, 2014, 02:59:54 PM
found these images of the same Sak.
images.jpg
* images.jpg (Filesize: 18.12 KB)
17698719_2_644x461_briceag-victorinox-fotografii.jpg
* 17698719_2_644x461_briceag-victorinox-fotografii.jpg (Filesize: 37.96 KB)

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #92 on: February 02, 2014, 03:50:47 PM
found these images of the same Sak.

Nice scales. :tu:
Leatherman

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #93 on: February 02, 2014, 10:33:02 PM
Wow, the auction is at $153 already.

gb Offline Philby

Reply #94 on: February 02, 2014, 11:01:35 PM
Or you could buy a 'plain' one from bonds of London for £27.95. :whistle:

gb Offline Philby

Reply #95 on: February 04, 2014, 08:50:34 AM
Anyone here get it?

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #96 on: February 04, 2014, 02:39:06 PM

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #97 on: February 04, 2014, 02:54:59 PM
condcup, did you win it?

se Offline williu

Reply #98 on: February 11, 2014, 10:10:03 PM
This is a cool one:

(Image removed from quote.)

Whoa, I just got that same knife in mint condition (with a not so mint box) for roughly 60 USD on an auction here in Sweden. Really happy with that, will post pics soon. Now I'm just wondering if I should ever use it or keep it mint, since it seems quite valuable...

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #99 on: February 11, 2014, 10:25:54 PM
This is a cool one:

(Image removed from quote.)

Whoa, I just got that same knife in mint condition (with a not so mint box) for roughly 60 USD on an auction here in Sweden. Really happy with that, will post pics soon. Now I'm just wondering if I should ever use it or keep it mint, since it seems quite valuable...

Great score on an interesting knife.  :tu: I'd say keep it mint since there are similar less valuable knives available as users.

gb Offline Philby

Reply #100 on: February 12, 2014, 10:06:46 PM
Number 9 on this list, states that Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield used the shuttle issue Sak, to break into the Russian space station MIR.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/space/nasa/10-things-you-might-not-know-about-astronaut-chris-hadfield-15887993

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #101 on: February 12, 2014, 10:22:38 PM
Number 9 on this list, states that Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield used the shuttle issue Sak, to break into the Russian space station MIR.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/space/nasa/10-things-you-might-not-know-about-astronaut-chris-hadfield-15887993

Further proof of Gibbs' rule number 9!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Philby

Reply #102 on: February 14, 2014, 05:23:13 PM
Chris hadfield holding his Sak, far right below.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 66.48 KB)

br Offline edursr

Reply #103 on: February 14, 2014, 07:36:57 PM
Those are amazing...  :ahhh

This one is also interesting... never seen the SpaceShuttle in that position...  :think:
a3.jpg
* a3.jpg (Filesize: 44.45 KB)
c3.jpg
* c3.jpg (Filesize: 51.02 KB)
d3.jpg
* d3.jpg (Filesize: 47.91 KB)
e3.jpg
* e3.jpg (Filesize: 39.91 KB)

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Reply #104 on: February 15, 2014, 04:40:02 AM
"Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, Mission SpeSmurfpillst aboard the Space Shuttle Atlantis in November 1995, was preparing to complete docking with the Russian space station Mir when he found that the three keyed tools the Russians had sent to the States before the flight were sufficient for removing only some the screws securing the hatch door. And there were also some cables to be cut. The resourceful American used his Swiss Army Knife to accomplish the rest of the job and glasnost was achieved."
The SAK Owner's Manual
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #105 on: February 15, 2014, 06:15:09 AM
Those are amazing...  :ahhh

This one is also interesting... never seen the SpaceShuttle in that position...  :think:
That more detailed Shuttle inlay, and its particular orientation has been discussed in tjhe past, but it does not show up on many knives.  I same inlay though did appear in another orientation also in the past.  I don't think we have the full scoop on all the shuttle variations quite yet.  I wish I had bid more a few years back for some on ebay.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #106 on: February 15, 2014, 06:16:00 AM
"Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, Mission SpeSmurfpillst aboard the Space Shuttle Atlantis in November 1995, was preparing to complete docking with the Russian space station Mir when he found that the three keyed tools the Russians had sent to the States before the flight were sufficient for removing only some the screws securing the hatch door. And there were also some cables to be cut. The resourceful American used his Swiss Army Knife to accomplish the rest of the job and glasnost was achieved."
The SAK Owner's Manual
So when's the second edition coming?

us Offline SublimetalMsG

Reply #107 on: February 15, 2014, 07:39:53 AM
That's nice that's the one a wish I had though I really like the field master I wish it had a file. But then I also think of the extra layer. And then I remember the surge in my back pocket with a file. And then I think I still need/want it anyway. LOLZ
I don't know yet

Reply #108 on: February 15, 2014, 04:14:44 PM
The SAK Owner's Manual

You mean with some corrected dates and updates?  The demise of the Wenger brand, the death of Carl Elsener, the correct first name for Tim Leatherman, an index...
The book does have a lot of good stuff in it.  It is amazing how often subjects brought up on the Forum have already been covered in the SAKOM.  I like the language joke on "glasnost" (openness) in the above quote. 
We want to see your knowledge gathered into the book you were talking about, I Can !     
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:19:22 PM by J Mackrel Jones »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #109 on: February 15, 2014, 06:19:49 PM
The SAK Owner's Manual

You mean with some corrected dates and updates?  The demise of the Wenger brand, the death of Carl Elsener, the correct first name for Tim Leatherman, an index...
The book does have a lot of good stuff in it.  It is amazing how often subjects brought up on the Forum have already been covered in the SAKOM.  I like the language joke on "glasnost" (openness) in the above quote. 
We want to see your knowledge gathered into the book you were talking about, I Can !   
Certainly lots of great stuff in the book, It covers a lot of ground.  I still havent finished highlighting one of my copies.

All that sounds like good new stuff to cover, but now probably should wait to see how the Delemont Collection unfolds.  I'd recommend you look into Amazon instant publishing, and make the next version available on the Kindle.  I hope Jazzbass is going to do that, I think that's the next big book to hit, but I know of some others that are writing as well, but his seems to have the broadest model range that I've heard of.

Many of the topics that come up here were discussed last week, last month, last year, and 5 years ago on SOSAK so I think it just means that we get new people all the time, and the older ones only last for a few years on average.  We even get very basic questions that are on the wiki; some people just ask first.

I don't believe I've ever mentioned writing a book myself.  Right now I'm happy just trying to get the non subjective information on the Wiki, and finding new documents.

Reply #110 on: February 15, 2014, 11:39:53 PM
"Tween I CanFixThat, jazzbass, enki_ck, Reinier, and assorted others, including the sudden Newbies (  (ulli ;>)  )  -- I have a hard time keeping you genius types sorted out...  Thanks for all the great info !

gb Offline Philby

Reply #111 on: February 16, 2014, 08:44:52 PM
After reading Ulli's tang stamp thread, I checked the Astronaut I got from Bonds, it has the small v for Victorinox, think this means it's pre 1986?  Pretty cool that there are still numerous examples of new old stock this old. Used Master Craftsman seem to sell for a premium, these Astronaut labeled versions are brand new old stock, in box with instructions, and all for less than a new Ranger would cost. Might have to get another one!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%