Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Last race of the season

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Last race of the season
on: November 03, 2007, 09:07:22 AM
So who's going to be watching the last MotoGP race of the year in Valencia then ???

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02112007/58/valencia-gp-stoner-doubles-second-practice.html

I've enjoyed this years racing for the most part, I'm still pretty angry that Rossi didn't win (all because yamaha consistantly fail to deliver a championship winning bike >:().

So what are your thought on this season and the race ahead :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Re: Last race of the season
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:30:34 AM
I'm sorry to say that I haven't seen any MotoGP races this year. I caught two last season. But just couldn't get into it. Now F1 that a different story. I didn't miss a race all year and how about the final one in Brazil. Sorry that  your countryman Lewis Hamilton didn't win the title, but what a rookie season he had. Can't wait for next year.

Hope you enjoy your race Micky d
"

Offline cryptrick

Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 05:37:55 PM
I have been a fan of MotoGP for a while but this season was very boring. Everybody knows Rossi is the best rider, it just dont help being on one of the worst bikes out of the whole field. Even the Kawasaki and Barros' Ducati B Team have better bikes. It's a shame the excitement isn't what it used to be but I suppose it can't last forever. I don't mind seeing another rider win other than Rossi, but Stoner in my opinion is boring to watch. Straight from the start he often leaves the pack, no wonder Motogp isn't getting as many viewers. It was the same with F1, Schumacher used to often clear off from lap 1 and it made it boring, now he's gone its so much more exciting and better to watch. Atleast when Rossi used to win it was always a cracker of a race  :cheers:

Oh and by the way Rossi has broken his hand so he is unlikely to race tomorrow  :(
[

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 05:57:16 PM
I have not really been interested in motorsports.  However in recent years with the emergence of import tuning, crotch rockets, and the like I am starting to pay more and more attention to such sports.  So what is MotoGP?

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 08:40:15 PM
I'm sorry to say that I haven't seen any MotoGP races this year. I caught two last season. But just couldn't get into it. Now F1 that a different story. I didn't miss a race all year and how about the final one in Brazil. Sorry that  your countryman Lewis Hamilton didn't win the title, but what a rookie season he had. Can't wait for next year.

Hope you enjoy your race Micky d
I used to like formula 1, but they introdused so many rules and regs that they killed my interest in it :(

Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 08:42:52 PM
I have been a fan of MotoGP for a while but this season was very boring. Everybody knows Rossi is the best rider, it just dont help being on one of the worst bikes out of the whole field. Even the Kawasaki and Barros' Ducati B Team have better bikes. It's a shame the excitement isn't what it used to be but I suppose it can't last forever. I don't mind seeing another rider win other than Rossi, but Stoner in my opinion is boring to watch. Straight from the start he often leaves the pack, no wonder Motogp isn't getting as many viewers. It was the same with F1, Schumacher used to often clear off from lap 1 and it made it boring, now he's gone its so much more exciting and better to watch. Atleast when Rossi used to win it was always a cracker of a race  :cheers:

Oh and by the way Rossi has broken his hand so he is unlikely to race tomorrow  :(
I was gutted when he broke he's hand, I guess he won't races tommorow (no reason too now :().

I agree with you about this year not been as exciting as recent years, but then british and world superbikes made up for that.

It'll never happen But I'd love to see them race on the nasty killer 500 two strokes again :D

Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 08:45:44 PM
I have not really been interested in motorsports.  However in recent years with the emergence of import tuning, crotch rockets, and the like I am starting to pay more and more attention to such sports.  So what is MotoGP?
MotoGP is the premier class of the motorcycle racing world, there only aloud prototype machines, and 800cc engines, but did I mention the bikes only weigh between 140 - 150 kg and kick out up to 220BHP :o

Last year they had 990cc and 260BHP!

Offline cryptrick

Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 11:33:44 PM
Micky, what you think of Toselands move to MotoGP for the 08 season, Good or Bad?

I think its positive that MotoGP has a brit entering but I'm not so sure how well he'll do there.
[

Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 11:54:09 AM
Micky, what you think of Toselands move to MotoGP for the 08 season, Good or Bad?

I think its positive that MotoGP has a brit entering but I'm not so sure how well he'll do there.
I think he made the right move going to MotoGP, but I'm not so sure about the desition to go to tech 3 yamaha :-\, there a good team, I mean they were 250cc world champions a few years ago with Jaque and Nakano, but, the yammie's probably not going to be one of the front runners next season, and who knows who'll have the tyre advantage next year ???

I think he should have gone to a honda team, if one was available to him, as there's little doubt in my mind that the honda will be the BIKE to beat next year, a second string yamaha is just to much of an unknown quantity!, and I'd hate for him to end up in the possition that hodgeson found himself in :cry:

That said I really really hope he does well, he is without question one of the finest riders out there and he's proven he can win on a less than perfect bike (the R1 was the superbike to be on last year imho) so I've got my fingers crossed that he can get a few top 5 finishes :)

Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 12:48:37 PM
Saint's be praised Rossi will race :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 12:55:12 PM

I think he made the right move going to MotoGP, but I'm not so sure about the desition to go to tech 3 yamaha :-\, there a good team, I mean they were 250cc world champions a few years ago with Jaque and Nakano, but, the yammie's probably not going to be one of the front runners next season, and who knows who'll have the tyre advantage next year ???

I think he should have gone to a honda team, if one was available to him, as there's little doubt in my mind that the honda will be the BIKE to beat next year, a second string yamaha is just to much of an unknown quantity!, and I'd hate for him to end up in the possition that hodgeson found himself in :cry:

That said I really really hope he does well, he is without question one of the finest riders out there and he's proven he can win on a less than perfect bike (the R1 was the superbike to be on last year imho) so I've got my fingers crossed that he can get a few top 5 finishes :)

Yeah I really hope he does well, Toseland's a very talented rider. It's so hard to predict how he will do at that Tech 3 yamaha team though.

I just hope Yamaha book their ideas up and come up with a competitive bike for next season. Rossi's already said that if they don't he's leaving them and I can't blame him either. I think its going to be better next year, it just seemed a bit dull this year to me. Anyway, thanks for letting me know Rossi's racing I hadn't checked the news this morning  :)
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD