Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger standard issue soldier

au Offline Cyclone82

Wenger standard issue soldier
on: March 23, 2011, 07:52:15 AM
I got a 1993 Wenger standard issue and is has solid rivets all over. No bail. It had a bent blade and stupid me thought i could carefully bent it back in the vise. Thought i would be real careful about it. Things were looking good till i just went a litte too far and snap there she goes. That made me mad >:(. Should have just left it but i couldnt resist to try and straighten it.

I was wondering if anyone has a 1993 Wenger standard issue i could buy and maybe swap the blade to mine which has good scales. If i sent my knife to Wenger with a another blade, would they be able to fit the blade to it for me?

And would they be able to do it by just pressing out the top rivet, pulling out the blade and putting the new one in or is it a too tight fit and you have to take all 3 rivets out? I kinda didnt want the whole knife disturbed because it has the solid rivet which i think is quite unique for a Wenger. Ive only ever seen them with the bail.

I cant tell you how disapointed i am for breaking the tip of the blade. :cry:

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Re: Wenger standard issue soldier
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 03:01:58 PM
Not sure where you plan on sending it in but my experience with Wenger NA repairs is they just send you a new replacement. I have never sent a SI in though.

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 03:56:07 PM
Maybe i fix it my self or use the scales for something then. I guess Vic wouldn't repair the opositions knife either.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:23:03 PM
I'd perhaps drop Wenger in Switzerland a line and see what they say.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 12:13:03 AM
OMG... Yes I would give Wenger SA a call/email and explain the situation.  Finding a new 93 blade might take a little while.  It would be nice to know if they have a few in stock for replacement.

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 11:43:57 AM
Well i found a 1994 SI with all solid rivets so now i dont need to repair this 1993 one. Im now left with it and wonder what to do with it. The logo scale is very good and could almost be considered new and the other side is also good for except for a couple tiny marks which would sand out i think. So I could get the scales stripped and get them done gold or something or just fit a new normal wenger blade or just try to make a modded knife out of it or something?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%