Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How many firearms do you have?

CQC-7 · 37 · 3281

Poll

How many firearms do you own?

4 (25%)
1-3
3 (18.8%)
3-5
1 (6.3%)
5-10
2 (12.5%)
10 or more
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: How many firearms do you have?
Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 03:41:27 PM
your right, it is a blast to fire! we have a range out back (our yard!) and I try to practice as often as I can!
I need to get some nice tritium sites for it, then I'll rock!

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 03:57:37 PM
You have the adjustable sight model so it is possible to find a ste of nite sights.  I just had the fixed sight version.  I am currently looking for a Ruger Security Six the forerunner of the GP 100.  I like the feel of that gun better but I can only find them at guns shows if I am very lucky, I will find one at the right price.

us Offline Viking

• J-sews Fan Club-- Member #0001
Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 06:36:43 PM
I love the GP100, I'm looking for a SP101 with a 3" barrell for a house gun for my wife and myself.  Right now she uses a Walther P99 in 9mm and I use a SW99 in .40.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 06:49:56 PM
The Sp 101 is also a great gun.  I like the walthers as well.  What caliber do you want the SP101 in?  I can vouch for the accuracy of the .32 H&R mag.  I used to reload a lot and I have made some great loads for that cartridge.  I have a Single Six in that caliber and I absolutely love that gun.  It has about the same recoil as a .38spl but I believe that the velocity is much greater than the .38.  I dont have my load data on hand or I could tell you my exact velocity from my field notes.  To date I have not found a high performance bullet for that cartridge yet thus its effectiveness as a defensive cartridge is limited.  I use a 90gr SWC with no gas check.  If you could find somthing in the 90-100 gr weight in a JHP design I believe it would be an ideal self defense cartridge.   

us Offline Viking

Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 09:11:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.  I was looking at the .357 and also shoot some .38 out of it.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 05:01:56 AM
I would have to say that you are covered in the defensive handgun category already.  With 2 walthers in the house you should be ready for anything.  As far as home defense guns go I like shotguns.  You can get a Maverick shotgun for less than $200 and take it to a gunsmith and have the barrel chopped and "jug choked" for just a few dollars more.  Load it with #8 shot and there you have it, quite possibly the most formidible home defense weapon available.  Not trying to sway you from the SP101 but a shotgun is better for home defense and a lot easier to handle and hit what you are aiming at.  If you get the sp, get a set of lasergrips, they are a great product.  S&W offers their smaller revolvers with lasergrips in a package deal that would go for about $500 or so. The sp101 is fun to shoot and if that is what you want to do go for it.   

us Offline Viking

Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 02:02:52 AM
If I did get the SP101, I was planning on getting the laser grips.  We bought my father-in law a S&W .38 with the laser grips and he loves it.  Brings it a long on his motorcycle trips.

As for shotties, I have 3! :D  All are used for pheasant hunting and target shooting and sport barrels longer than 26".  I have had my eye on a Rem 870 with 18" barrel just to have around the house and for a camp gun.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%