Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Red Ranger

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Red Ranger
on: April 03, 2011, 12:30:46 AM
These Red Rangers are not seen very often. 

Ranger 101/Serrated Century.

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Re: Red Ranger
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 02:23:25 AM
Very nice. Never seen that one.
Could you post a pic with the blade open?

sk Offline Doctor.Skipper

• Learning is funny!
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 04:49:34 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

Have you ever seen blue translucent Ranger?? I think it is very rare and I can not find any picture of them within only one at sakwiky and some are here http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,17855.msg336977.html#msg336977. But: what is the whole point: are there any other translucent modifiacations at old Rangers:
The old Rangers are my most favourite folding knives.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:53:18 PM by Doctor.Skipper »
Working Hard - Expecting More
Dr.Skipper (ibu)

mx Offline Sidhartha

• Hecho en México
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 07:09:48 PM
very nice  :drool: i just got an advantage timber century and i like it a lot, i am a big fan of the ranger/mountaineer series.
i guess that the release button is also red  :think:
custom swiss army knives

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 07:38:23 PM
Hi

Great find
Yes, they must be rare, Wenger Rangers is really quality stuff!
Get more tools

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 01:31:03 AM

Have you ever seen blue translucent Ranger?? I think it is very rare and I can not find any picture of them within only one at sakwiky and some are here http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,17855.msg336977.html#msg336977. But: what is the whole point: are there any other translucent modifiacations at old Rangers:
The old Rangers are my most favourite folding knives.

I've only see the translucent blue one in pictures, I want one, but for the tools, not the scales.  They are certainly not too common in the US.

There are also translucent green scales which I would not mind finding.

..... i guess that the release button is also red  :think:
Yes, the lock release button is red.

I'm likin' these original Rangers, I just wish they would have used a spear-point blade, I'm not really a big fan of the clip-point.  These knives feel quite good in the hand and I like that they are much slimmer than the New Ranger series.  The Red ones don't seem to be too common, but I picked up a second one recently so they are out there.  Maybe I won't see one again for a while, you just never know.  I bought the second one in case I find a Ranger I really like and need to do a scale swap.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 04:48:06 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice! :tu: I've never seen them in red before. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Learning is funny!
Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 08:28:28 AM

I've only see the translucent blue one in pictures, I want one, but for the tools, not the scales.  They are certainly not too common in the US.

I have got model 14 (blade, openers, scissors; without wood saw) - it has been perfect match - it was the last deal of the importer (1 year ago). I am happy to have it, cause it is very difficult to buy new one now. I wish I could buy Sabla 10 - blade and wood saw in green colour - it is my neares interest about old Rangers.
Dr.Skipper (ibu)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 04:12:27 PM

I have got model 14 (blade, openers, scissors; without wood saw) - it has been perfect match - it was the last deal of the importer (1 year ago). I am happy to have it, cause it is very difficult to buy new one now. I wish I could buy Sabla 10 - blade and wood saw in green colour - it is my neares interest about old Rangers.

Congrats. :salute: I searched all over for a Model 14 without any luck. :-\ I think none were imported to this country. :(
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 04:28:13 PM

Congrats. :salute: I searched all over for a Model 14 without any luck. :-\ I think none were imported to this country. :(
That is excellent!  I want one too.  BUT would that not be Model 13? I have recorded 14 is with the Saw added, which I happen have.

• Learning is funny!
Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 05:04:47 PM
You are right;

have a look: http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-browse_image.php?imageId=1494

2nd indep. source: http://www.hobby-g.cz/363-Noze-nuzky-a-cvakatka-Wenger/839-Nuz-Wenger-ranger-13.html?back=compare

And the next one has been my obsession; but it is little bit larger I am able to carry on and without scissors (it is must-have tool for myself):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wenger-Taschenmesser-Ranger-8-teilig/dp/B00025ZJSG/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1307286507&sr=8-17
but to the collection...  :tu:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:11:55 PM by Doctor.Skipper »
Dr.Skipper (ibu)

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 06:42:48 PM
I need your Ranger 13 ha ha... that's the one I'm looking for.  That one is very hard to find, you did good.

I think because at the time Wenger had a contract with Buck for the SwissBuck series, that these early Rangers never really made it into the US in any quantity.  Their marketing deal with Buck meant we missed out on a lot of them until the deal ended.

I've had some very bad luck ordering from that seller you pointed to on Amazon UK so be careful.  That one they show, is known over here has the Everest, I know it as Ranger 04 (not 08, but I'll try to look up a 08 to see if they are very similar), it's not too hard to find, I've got one, and I've seen them appear on ebay quite regularly.

Update: Just looked up Ranger 08, and from what I see it is not the one shown (which is the Ranger 04). The 08 has no pliers, and as a safety-blade.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:56:39 PM by ICanFixThat »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD