Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

vintage tool - long file and edit; 1960s champion

Offline Cleanser

vintage tool - long file and edit; 1960s champion
on: April 27, 2011, 01:54:06 AM
does the long file + back spring have value in and of itself or only if its a part of the original knife?

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Nail+File-Long

hmmm.. also value of a 1960s champion?

full triangular awl, cork screw with ridges and 5 turns, +Pat can opener, cap opener with inner blade, fish scaler with no ruler, long file, large blade and small, scissors, metal file, saw
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:23:53 AM by Cleanser »

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: vintage tool - long file and edit; 1960s champion
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:28:31 AM
to some degree, on it's own, maybe, if the rest of the knife is busted. But most of them broke off or bent over the years, I would not suggest parting this knife.

Particularly if you just got it last week in from eBay in an auction with Classic.  :rofl: I hope someone here outbid me on that. :rant:
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Offline Cleanser

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:10:02 AM
to some degree, on it's own, maybe, if the rest of the knife is busted. But most of them broke off or bent over the years, I would not suggest parting this knife.

Particularly if you just got it last week in from eBay in an auction with Classic.  :rofl: I hope someone here outbid me on that. :rant:

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean.
the long file is not bent and not attached to any knife.
the 1960s champion was a separate question; it is not from ebay

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 01:14:47 AM
LOL- sorry, there was a Champion with the long file that was up for bid about a week ago, and I got sniped on it.

If all you have is the parts, I'm sure you'd find a buyer.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

Offline Cleanser

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:42:17 AM
its a complete knife with broken scales, I was just trying to describe what the knife looked like

what did the one on ebay sell for?

thanks

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 05:31:48 AM
A hair under $28. I figure the Classic was a freebie, it was plain red. But someone like Felinevet would be able to give you a better idea of what it was worth- I was feeling poor when I put in my $26 bid (car insurance payments will do that to you), so there was at least two more bidders. Square phillips, clipped small blade eyeless awl- someone got a heck of a deal, I'm pretty sure it is worth just a bit more than that.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%