Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Buck Creek Knives?

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Buck Creek Knives?
on: May 03, 2011, 05:45:47 PM
Anyone know of them?
Thanks!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Buck Creek Knives?
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 06:07:43 PM
buck creek was innitially made in germany for burns & company by heinrick kaufmann & sohnne co, buck creek was from london kentucky, started in 1968 till present,
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:09:43 PM by Zed »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 06:10:23 PM
buck creek was innitially made in germany for burns & company by heinrick kaufmann & sohnne co, buck creek was from london kentucky, started in 1968 till present,

have  you a tang stamp  :tu:

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:44:23 PM

have  you a tang stamp  :tu:

Here it is
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:48:15 PM
I have a couple of the new ones; they are OK, similar in quality to similarly priced case knives. They are made in Germany, I suspect they are owned by Frost, since the packaging looks similar, just my feeling really. Good for the money, I say.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:02:18 PM
I have a couple of the new ones; they are OK, similar in quality to similarly priced case knives. They are made in Germany, I suspect they are owned by Frost, since the packaging looks similar, just my feeling really. Good for the money, I say.

yep owned by frost now, ive just put my knife guide in my bag for work and now off so ill look it up tonight at work, seems a pretty old one, got any more pics  :tu:

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 10:35:31 PM
I have two of them, two of their large Diamond Back Stockmans. One in Stag and one in Buffalo Horn......

Real nice knives. Quality of F&F on my two examples is near perfect. Rock solid knives, clean mirror polish on the blades, decent edges, good backspring tension, virtually gap free all around.....

For what they cost they are on the lower end of the German built slippies but the quality I find nearly as good as most of what I have from the likes of Friedrich Olbertz.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 05:01:19 PM
going on the sheild yours is from 1976-to present, yours looks like the older end of the dating,

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%