Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My New Marttiini Puukko

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
My New Marttiini Puukko
on: July 23, 2011, 11:03:55 PM
Amici,
Here is the latest scandi to join my collection of bushcraft knives courtesy of Bens Backwoods based here in the states, a Marttiini Arctic Circle Puukko with a 3.5" Forged unpolished carbinox T508 full tang steel blade, with a natural birch handle, measuring in at 7.5" overall length.

What I've done is ditch the traditional sheath for a custom bushcraft sheath and wet moulded it for the Marttini to ensure a perfect fit plus darken the leather from a light color, to to a richer brown. I also wrapped the blade in a paper towel soaked in white vinegar to create a nice patina to give it some "age" as well as protect the blade from any corrosive elements.

This is one of the lightest puukkos I have ever worn in a neck knife configuration besides the fact that it is also incredibly sharp. I highly reccommend Marttiini knives for anyone looking for a pocket friendly puukko for use in bushcraft, or as an addition to any collection.

Cheers,
Serge

Marttiini Puukko.jpg
* Marttiini Puukko.jpg (Filesize: 55.94 KB)
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: My New Marttiini Puukko
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 01:18:41 AM
Nice.  I'm a big fan of my Marttiini as well, a Lynx IIRC.

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:46:24 AM
Very nice.  Been looking at them on Ebay of late.  I do like some of them with the spalted
looking wooden handles and the leather sheaths with a bit of the Reindeer fur attached. :tu:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:06:25 AM

:tu:
I have a couple of their cheapest knives (Carbon steel) that look like cheaper versions of the cheap Moras, though they are actually more expensive.

They are my main, household, hard use knives (Cardboard, parcels, bamboo, leather, plastic..) and so far fare quite well.
They are pretty tough, their edge lasts fine and are, just as they claim, pretty sharp. They are actually, out of the box, noticeably sharper than the similar Moras. They are about 8 inches in total.

Fancy box..

Not so fancy sheath...

with a similar Mora 511 in Carbon steel.

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18:28 PM
I liked, no loved, this thread up until I realized I am destined to spend more money on scandi knives. 

:ahhh
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%