Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Minichamp

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Minichamp
on: May 14, 2011, 08:59:06 PM
Well after nearly a year of happily carrying a PS4 on my keychain I decided that since I now have a KF4 and a Charge to choose from, the pliers on the Squirt, while extremely useful, are no longer as necessary. So I picked up this used but in fair condition Minichamp on the 'bay for 6 dollars including shipping and have carried it for a week now. It was dull as all get out and needed a little oil to get its walk and talk back and my name isn't Craig but it's in decent working shape.

I love the sheepsfoot almost hawkbill "emergency" blade, it is a very practical design for a variety of precision oriented tasks. I used the "orange peeler" to cut some small zip ties and it did a great job.  I'm not sure how useful the "cuticle spatula" will ever be for me but it looks cool and I can well imagine it may someday prove useful, I think :think: The mini phillips driver worked very well on some tiny laptop screws yesterday and the pen came in handy when I went to deposit a check and the bank pens were all not working. 

The workmanship is impressive, it's almost a piece of pocket jewelry but extremely functional in a light duty kind of way  :tu:

It's a little chubby but still a good bit thinner than the Victorinox Secure I often carry.

Overall I'm very happy with this one and think it may stay on my keychain for a good long time :D

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Minichamp
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 03:21:53 PM
Sometimes its more fun to get a used tool like this and bring it back to life than it is to get a new one.  Especially at that price.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:24:18 PM
The minichamp is one of the few SAKs still on my wish list.  I think this post has probably made it move up one or two places.  :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 07:27:59 PM
Sometimes its more fun to get a used tool like this and bring it back to life than it is to get a new one.  Especially at that price.

I just hope Craig doesn't come around wanting his Minichamp back  :D

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 07:36:17 PM
I carried my Minichamp (along with the Sideclip) today thanks to this thread..  :tu:

ca Offline NaturalMystic

Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 10:32:11 AM
I started carrying the regular Midnite Manager for a few years til I learned of the Midnite Minichamp (the version with the red LED and pen). My wife EDCs the Manager now and I've been carrying a MiniChamp and Squirt P4 for probably close to 10 years. I lost my first MiniChamp a few years ago so immediately bought two of the translucent red ones, one I EDC and the other is still NIB. I recently bought one of the limited run Alox MiniChamps too.
Some Pics of them through the years...

And finally one with the Alox MiniChamp:
Nigel

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 06:39:24 PM
So you're a fan then? ;)  great shots mate, you've got me wanting a Midnight MiniChamp now. ::) :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 02:29:16 AM
Wow, nice gear and pics NM  :tu:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 04:58:51 PM
Good Shots  :tu:

You must have some really big pockets! I can just about fit a micra or a small knife in mine.  :D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $193.99
PayPal Fees: $11.10
Net Balance: $182.89
Below Goal: $117.11
Site Currency: USD
61%