Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

leatherman heaven

us Offline MTlitton

leatherman heaven
on: June 09, 2011, 07:41:00 PM
today i shipped out a old pst & micra to leatherman heaven AKA warranty :(
my buddy found the pst in a car he baught it had a snapped blade and busted plyers sins thes arent made any more dose leatherman replace them with the kik?
watch your step

BigMonster

Re: leatherman heaven
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 07:55:08 PM
Best thing would be to give them a ring:
http://www.leatherman.com/support/nawarranty

gb Offline Tofty

Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:37:11 PM
leatherman have had the 25 year warranty right from the start so they must have many thousands of spare parts even for the oldest tools, its also a foolish company that gets rid of all their tooling as soon as they stop making something, so when a batch gets low they can just make a few thousand more.

If they replaced the pst with a new kick then they basically reset the warranty and you could do the same thing time after time while paying nothing more ever again.
Also the kick isn't a direct replacement for the pst as it doesn't have a file, so some people would be quite upset if their pst turned into a kick.
Pictures of most of my work can be found on my Facebook Page.
Also have a look at my Shapeways Shop and SW Torch Shop for 3D printed items.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 01:07:24 AM
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline MTlitton

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 01:24:24 AM
a blast would be great kik ehh but in any case eather will work better than the pst i sent leatherman is one of the few companys left that stands buy there products and takes care of customers ive always bin satisfied
watch your step

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 01:45:00 AM
I wrote Leatherman once about getting my original Super Tool repaired, instead of replaced. They wrote back that it depends if they have the parts in stock at the time the tool arrives, and there is no telling beforehand. So I'm figuring that they must keep the good parts from older tools sent in for warranty, and use them as they are available.

That being said, I'm also thinking that they unless they are specifically asked to repair, they will replace with a current model.

As to the warranty, Tim Leatherman said in an interview years ago that he picked "25 years", because "lifetime" was so overused, and that they have no intention of ever turning away a warranty claim of a long time customer.
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD