Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26150 · 1393314

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #24870 on: April 17, 2020, 03:45:01 PM
Nice ones guys  :like: :tu: :woohoo:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #24871 on: April 17, 2020, 06:36:28 PM
Cool! I like that and awlso pumpkin seeds, pistachios and peanuts. Do you mix the flavours togheter? I like to mix salted, spicy and honey covered peanuts. This way, it's awlways a surprise when you grab a handful of them.

:D :D
Oh heck yeah, then I put them in one of my unique bottles, I have two diff ones but they basically do the same, keep fresh seeds on one side while I can spit seeds on the other while they won’t touch, and you just have to clean out the one side when done,
But I mix the comb, I don’t do like the kid or how the Mrs used to do and nibble one at a time, I take a handful and push them to the side to crack them..
Another little thing we do is make our own trail mix, normally go to a dollar store and get stuff cheap, but you get to pick the items you want and by the time your done picking you have like over 5lbs and only spent under $20, rather then buying some little packet for $5 and there’s always that one item your not a fan of..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Mcfal12

Reply #24872 on: April 17, 2020, 10:43:47 PM
I carry a Pocket Wrench 2 but when I saw that EverRatchet I was  :ahhh.  I never pulled the trigger on one because my PW2 has really been such a great tool.  For me the size of the PW2 vs the ER I think the PW2 just makes more sense for me.  Now about fire.  Maybe a couple of options?  How about a ferro rod toggle?  You can attack it to darn near any gear and you could still use your LM Piranha.  Many of the ferro rod toggles come in sets of 3.  You can attach to key ring, SAK, or whatever.  Next idea is what I have.  Exotac clone. I've been really happy with mine.  I keep one of those cotton flammable things within.  You could keep it on your keyring? 

Thanks Aloha. Great suggestions I’ll check out.

us Offline Mcfal12

Reply #24873 on: April 19, 2020, 02:59:25 AM
Aloha

Checked into both options, the Ferro toggle is preferred for size, but I don’t have anything in my edc to attached it to (no lanyards, etc). The ferro rod solutions for keychains is probably the route I’ll go unless anyone else has another suggestion. I’m wavering as with the summer approaching, I know more bulk in my keychain means more bulk in pants pockets (versus a jacket or vest) pocket and less likely to carry.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #24874 on: April 19, 2020, 08:28:35 AM
Cooking tools. Specifically saucepans.

I've been doing an "audit" of the cookware, chucking out a load of the old crap, and putting together a smaller, yet more versatile set of pots and pans. I ordered a 16cm chefs pan like the first attached photo, which is supposedly 1.2 litres, plus a 20cm one, which is 3.4 litres. I also ordered lids for each. These two are to replace three old "normal" pans, plus a small wok which was utterly dreadful (EVERYTHING stuck to it. If I boiled water in it, that would probably have stuck too  ::) ). Four pans out, two pans in. I think the big one should function fine as a wok as well as a regular pan, plus be good for reducing sauces, curries etc. The little one should be perfect for reheating my frozen batch cooked pasta sauces, chilli, stews and so on, warming through other small stuff like a tin of beans, making scrambled egg - all the simple small pan tasks that I was bouncing between two or more pans before.

I also ordered (from elsewhere) a stove top stainless pressure cooker.  I've never used one before, but have heard good things about them. I was looking for a big (6L+) enameled cast iron casserole to replace a slow cooker I've had to chuck out, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. This pressure cooker was on sale, and I figured I'd try it. It's lighter and quicker, as well as being cheaper. I can always add the cast iron later if it doesn't do everything I want, but this will get me back up and running for now.

I'm also looking at throwing out my old frying pan, but not replacing that. Hopefully, I'll manage just fine with the base of my shallow cast iron casserole (Le Creuset 26cm - photos below) which I've had for many years.

* saute.jpeg (Filesize: 5.66 KB)
IMG_20170507_112934_edit_800_600.jpg
* IMG_20170507_112934_edit_800_600.jpg (Filesize: 40.89 KB)
IMG_20170507_112858_800_600.jpg
* IMG_20170507_112858_800_600.jpg (Filesize: 33.14 KB)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:35:57 AM by AimlessWanderer »

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24875 on: April 19, 2020, 04:32:31 PM
Aloha

Checked into both options, the Ferro toggle is preferred for size, but I don’t have anything in my edc to attached it to (no lanyards, etc). The ferro rod solutions for keychains is probably the route I’ll go unless anyone else has another suggestion. I’m wavering as with the summer approaching, I know more bulk in my keychain means more bulk in pants pockets (versus a jacket or vest) pocket and less likely to carry.

Totally understand not wanting the keychain to get too out of control.  Heres yet more ideas.  I've seen keychain ferro "systems".  I thought it would be a great idea for me but never got around to getting one since I had other options.  You can look up fire starter paracord keychain lanyard and see if that makes sense for you. 

You can also put your ferro rod toggle on your hiking boots/shoes laces this way you always have it when you go out.  You could replace your hiking/outdoor shoes laces with fire cord along with the toggle now you have both bases covered at all times. 

I added Exotic tinder zip to my camp/outdoor SAKs.

The toggles can easily be placed onto any of your outdoor shoe laces.  You'll never need to think about it again til you need it.   
Esse Quam Videri

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #24876 on: April 19, 2020, 05:37:59 PM
Can’t wait for this to arrive
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24877 on: April 19, 2020, 05:39:52 PM
Nice watch!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24878 on: April 19, 2020, 05:40:35 PM
I just want my sunflower seeds!! lol :gimme:
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #24879 on: April 19, 2020, 05:48:48 PM
Nice watch Alexanderre  :like: :tu:

us Offline Mcfal12

Reply #24880 on: April 19, 2020, 08:08:21 PM
Totally understand not wanting the keychain to get too out of control.  Heres yet more ideas.  I've seen keychain ferro "systems".  I thought it would be a great idea for me but never got around to getting one since I had other options.  You can look up fire starter paracord keychain lanyard and see if that makes sense for you. 

You can also put your ferro rod toggle on your hiking boots/shoes laces this way you always have it when you go out.  You could replace your hiking/outdoor shoes laces with fire cord along with the toggle now you have both bases covered at all times. 

I added Exotic tinder zip to my camp/outdoor SAKs.

The toggles can easily be placed onto any of your outdoor shoe laces.  You'll never need to think about it again til you need it.   

Fantastic suggestions. I’ll research these; with the plethora of options, one of these is bound to work out.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #24881 on: April 19, 2020, 08:14:35 PM
Nice watch Alexanderre  :like: :tu:
Thanks, guys, but moments after I shared this I received a notification from eBay that seller has for some reason cancelled this order after we chatted for hours clarifying all the details

Don’t know what’s wrong with people these days
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #24882 on: April 19, 2020, 08:26:44 PM
A FourSevens flashlight and a ZT Knife

us Offline Sos24

Reply #24883 on: April 19, 2020, 09:53:45 PM
Fantastic suggestions. I’ll research these; with the plethora of options, one of these is bound to work out.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!
I usually carry a Zippo with a butane insert or a Clipper mini lighter.  The Clipper Mini is close to the size of a Bic mini but refillable and if it does run out of fuel, the flint wheel portion can easily be pulled out and used as a spark wheel. 
Some other easily carried small emergency options are:
- peanut lighter attached to the keys
- If you carry a SAK and looking for just an emergency option, if the firefly or soon to come out fireant.  I have also seen where a small firesteel is put under the saw. 
- For a while I did a Spark-Lite in a pocket organized, but now keep it in a tin emergency kit.
- A fire steel and some jute sealed in a straw
- Even a firesteel rod placed in a wallet gives an option.

Firesteel.com has all different diameters of rods and you can cut them shorter if needed.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #24884 on: April 19, 2020, 10:20:04 PM
Nice ones Sos  :like: :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #24885 on: April 19, 2020, 10:21:20 PM
Thanks, guys, but moments after I shared this I received a notification from eBay that seller has for some reason cancelled this order after we chatted for hours clarifying all the details

Don’t know what’s wrong with people these days
Sorry to hear that Alexanderre
Some people  :facepalm:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #24886 on: April 20, 2020, 03:58:16 AM
Sorry to hear that Alexanderre
Some people  :facepalm:
:agree:  that really stinks.  Nothing like getting your hopes up only to cancel

us Offline Sos24

Reply #24887 on: April 20, 2020, 04:10:34 AM

us Offline WolfHunter3877

Reply #24888 on: April 20, 2020, 05:04:44 AM
Victorinox Classic SD Warthog
Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA
Ken Onion Work Sharp knife Sharpener

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #24889 on: April 20, 2020, 02:21:05 PM
Nice ones  :like: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24890 on: April 20, 2020, 05:16:58 PM
All I want to know is “where’s my seeds”? :wait:
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #24891 on: April 20, 2020, 06:06:42 PM
A bird had them :dunno:

us Offline Mcfal12

Reply #24892 on: April 20, 2020, 06:09:14 PM
Thanks Sos24!

us Offline Mcfal12

Reply #24893 on: April 20, 2020, 06:26:05 PM
Ok both of those options are ideal for me. Since the Fire Ant won’t be out until August, I have time to experiment with the Firefly (ordered already).

Thanks again everyone, especially Sos and Aloha!!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24894 on: April 20, 2020, 06:53:18 PM
A bird had them :dunno:
:rant:
Possibly today, guess we’ll see within the next 2hrs..
JR

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #24895 on: April 20, 2020, 07:17:38 PM
I boughted OG Wave bnib in blister. It arrives hopefully tomorrow to me.

Only Tools Matters

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #24896 on: April 20, 2020, 08:37:12 PM
Great find Antti  :like: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24897 on: April 20, 2020, 08:52:00 PM
Woohoo, :woohoo: the seeds came in,, heres what I got,
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24898 on: April 20, 2020, 08:53:34 PM
And here’s what I have total plus two little carriers / spittoons, I think I have enough, no?
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #24899 on: April 20, 2020, 08:58:11 PM
Should keep you going for a while  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30