Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way? 1220872

No Life Club Posts: 4,719 Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: What do we have on the way?
« Reply #25350 on: November 21, 2020, 05:46:45 PM »
I have a couple of NIC Fast & Furious MTs (promo re-brand of the Stanley Auto-plier) on their way from the US to down-under (hopefully)

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,75001.msg1717074.html#msg1717074

babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."
No Life Club Posts: 1,237
« Reply #25351 on: November 21, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »
I have ordered a Surefire fury intelibeam for myself for Xmas. Despite paying extra for priority delivery a few days ago, amazon.com are yet to despatch.  :twak:

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.
No Life Club Posts: 3,150 Lifelike and remarkably self similar
« Reply #25352 on: November 22, 2020, 02:32:12 AM »
I have a couple of NIC Fast & Furious MTs (promo re-brand of the Stanley Auto-plier) on their way from the US to down-under (hopefully)

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,75001.msg1717074.html#msg1717074

:tu:

"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,904 \o/
« Reply #25353 on: November 22, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »
I have a SwissTool Plus on the way. It look like a '98 model, new in box. A fairly cheap one so I'm quite happy!

It will be replacing the one I bought second hand in... 2000? That one is completely abused and b0rked  :ahhh

Bought another '98 model. Looks unused in the pics :whistle:

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.
No Life Club Posts: 4,729
« Reply #25354 on: November 23, 2020, 02:09:43 AM »
I was wanting to see how the Free T2 stacked up to my Crater C33T, and SAKs of course; so I bought one for $21 shipped.

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,335 Bon Journee!!
« Reply #25355 on: November 23, 2020, 02:12:55 AM »
At this rate, probably a Fisher Space Pen :rofl:

Barry
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 52,162
« Reply #25356 on: November 23, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »
 :rofl:
Hero Member Posts: 896
« Reply #25357 on: November 23, 2020, 04:05:32 PM »
A Zebrawood small Techtool, I would have preferred the one that had a screwdriver/opener thing but blade and scissors isn't too shabby  :tu:

Become the night and join us for the Batman Challenge in January!
Point Of No Return Posts: 30,119 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #25358 on: November 23, 2020, 04:19:23 PM »
A fellow member kinda sent something for the little guy as a grad present and its suppose to be here today!
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,292
« Reply #25359 on: November 23, 2020, 04:23:14 PM »
Around this time the kids alwasy ask what I want.  I am always left wondering for days thinking about that question  :dunno:.  I do want to check out a panama style hat.  I could use some new sneakers.  I enjoy finding tools at the fleamarket so much that I always tell them dont buy me anything toolwise.  Several years ago I would have had such a want list.  When I seach online I see things yet I am not tempted other than  :drool:

I do love seeing all you have coming in  :woohoo: 

Esse Quam Videri
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,335 Bon Journee!!
« Reply #25360 on: November 23, 2020, 04:56:48 PM »
I'm right there with you Aloha.  I pretty much have what I want, and enjoy the thrill of the hunt for what I am looking for.

Barry
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,292
« Reply #25361 on: November 23, 2020, 05:18:42 PM »
And the excitement of actually finding something you hadn't expected. 

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #25362 on: November 25, 2020, 03:04:32 PM »
I'd cancelled the Gerber NXT order when I put in the Free T2 order. Found the same seller had the Suspension NXT for $15, about $10 less than I paid on Amazon, so I decided to order it. The Free hasn't shipped yet, so I should get these two together. This will replace a Workpro I use as a beater tool when working around others. The Workpro has awful scissors, and is insanely heavy.
With decent Fiskars scissors, a lighter frame, and a pocket clip, the Suspension is much better for beater tasks which might wreck a good tool.  And $15 made it cheaper than the Workpro it was replacing.
« Reply #25363 on: November 25, 2020, 03:08:30 PM »
Bought another '98 model. Looks unused in the pics :whistle:

And another one, this time a SwissTool X. Three SwissTools in eight days :think:

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,769 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #25364 on: November 25, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »
And another one, this time a SwissTool X. Three SwissTools in eight days :think:

You are slacking! Get the other 5, quick!

:pok: :pok:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Jr. Member Posts: 72
« Reply #25365 on: November 26, 2020, 11:38:35 PM »
Olight warrior mini from the black Friday sale.

Its gonna be a mega upgrade to the ledlenser p5 that I use for work/edc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,637
« Reply #25366 on: November 26, 2020, 11:54:34 PM »
Opinel No. 7 (i think). My first Opinel  :cheers:
« Reply #25367 on: November 26, 2020, 11:56:31 PM »
You are slacking! Get the other 5, quick!

:pok: :pok:

I like to be able to buy food and stuff as well :P

« Reply #25368 on: November 27, 2020, 12:23:12 AM »

I got one in a used lot of knives recently, and the size is perfect. 8 and bigger are too big; #6 too small. Anything smaller I don't want, since Opinel doesn't have Vibroloc rings on those. I tried a #2 at a local knife store and found the blade a little too easy to close on its own.
No Life Club Posts: 2,389
« Reply #25369 on: November 27, 2020, 08:01:16 PM »
I like to be able to buy food and stuff as well :P
It's all me, me, me with you isn't it?  :twak:

What about the needs of others? We need to see pics of new stuff  :pok: :wait: :rofl:

They don't like it up 'em!
No Life Club Posts: 1,237
« Reply #25370 on: November 27, 2020, 08:39:34 PM »
Olight warrior mini from the black Friday sale.

Its gonna be a mega upgrade to the ledlenser p5 that I use for work/edc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Snap, my resolve dissolved.  :dunno:

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #25371 on: November 28, 2020, 06:37:29 PM »
I tried ordering a Gerber Legend. There was some issue. So I went to the next one that interested me. Skeletool RX. More issues, but at least this time its only delayed and not unavailable.
« Reply #25372 on: November 29, 2020, 04:09:58 AM »
The US importer of Mikov (a Czech-made knife), mainly a seller of woodworking tools, had a 75% off sale, presumably for Black Friday or to clear out slow-moving stock. I really didn't go too nuts but marked off 75% of the Mikov on my list. In a few days, I should have a bit more funds, so will focus on the nicer models, and some Christmas gifts for my friends who are also knife nuts. I hope they're still on sale then. Even with all this stuff, I paid just $40. There's two I forgot to add; that in total are just under $20, that I've asked the seller to add to the order and send me a total for separately. 

Sorta SAK clones:

Mikov 100-NH-8A KP Stovka. Their take on the Super Tinker, but at $12. The Stovka line uses old Adler tools, which were the same ones Schrade marketed in the 1990s as their Discovery line. This was bought as a pocket tool for messing with model trains. The smaller pliers fit into some tight spaces deep in those locomotives. But, I don't like the claw can opener. Especially when most of my Marklin need the SD tip on the regular SAK can opener to remove the shell. I wonder if their corkscrews will fit the micro driver.

Mikov 115-NH-6 AK Orange Praktik Folding Pocket Knife. Wanted one with a saw, since I have a smaller model with just openers and blade. At the big discount, it was cheaper than the "just blade and saw" option on Amazon; and gives me a good all-arounder. There's a model with Phillips instead of CS (which due to the claw can opener, I have to have) that I meant to get instead (but didn't as I thought it was just the CS model with black handles); but that's next order. Mikov 111mm have a handle swell that 111mm SAKs don't making them more ergonomic. And, the liners are steel, not aluminum. Oddly, my round hole 111mm GAK is the only modern 111mm I have with substantial liners---the rest are paper thin.

Mikov 101-NH-6P Stovka. The practical hobo. You have the split-apart style, you have the fork. But, you don't have a spoon, and you have a screwdriver; two things not typical of Hobo knives. The stuff you eat with a spoon is usually messy. I carried my old Coghlan's Hobo going to community college, and since I mostly ate soups and stews (as well as Chef Boyardee pasta) in microwaveable bowls, it made mess out of the knife, requiring daily cleaning. I prefer to carry a separate spoon, which is easier to clean.

Hunting knives.

Mikov 376-NH-1 Z Skaut Dagger. Blade is 5 1/2" long and 425SS. A bit too big (my fixie limit is 5" blade), but I've always thought fixed blades with a saw back looked cool. The saw teeth on this one should be effective for wood cutting, as opposed to the intended aluminum on the USAF Jet Pilot Survival Knife. This I bought sorta to reward myself for letting a lot including a M1917 Bolo, a WWII Kabar, and a 1960s Schrade Deerslayer go, even though the bolo was rare, because it went past my lowball limit.

Includes a nice leather sheath as well.

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/download/file.php?id=490002&mode=view

Mikov Fixir; with saw, gutting blade, and locking spear blades. I made a couple of mistakes; one I meant to get the four-layer model, which the seller I didn't notice had. And, the seller, for about $10 more, had genuine stag or ram's horn offerings. I asked the seller to add the four-layer model; and I'm adding the stag and ram's horn offerings to my next order.

The four-layer model adds openers and a corkscrew.

Both should include a leather sheath. I wonder if it will fit 111mm SAKs? Because the GAK is based on traditional German-pattern hunting knives, it should at least fit the GAK and Hunter.

My order was $40; and the seller had a small list of free items to choose from for orders over $35. I chose the drill bits, as one, they were $19 by themselves, and I needed good drill bits. I only have cheap crappy Dewalt, Harbor Freight, and Lowe's Kobalt bits.  I mostly use a manual "egg beater" type drill (1950s Miller's Falls 2-A) for most woodworking, only grabbing cordless drills for longer, drawn out construction tasks and my corded drills for heavy-duty drilling through metal and concrete, or thick pieces of wood; which are typically hard on most cordless drills. My folks 12V Hitachi can't even drill a hole for a farm gate hinge in a common post. The 18V Dewalt will, however. My corded 5/8 Hitachi eats jobs like that for lunch.

Colt & Riss Tools 10701812 Twin Land Brad Point Drill Bit Set 1/8" to 1/2" 7 Pieces in Pouch. These are made in France, so they should be good.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 04:18:29 AM by cody6268 »
« Reply #25373 on: December 01, 2020, 11:30:15 AM »
I have a few 74mm SAKs on the way. A nice Ambassador with "world logo" and an Executive (nice price @ Amazon DE). Because I didn't have enough Executives yet ::)

Point Of No Return Posts: 30,119 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #25374 on: December 01, 2020, 03:04:33 PM »
SNOW!
It’s been going since yesterday night, it originally started as rain then changed to snow, then back to rain, then to 50/50 but then as it later in the day and got cooler it switched over to 100% snow and then started to stick! Should stop in about 3hrs but it looks like we got about 3in, wonder what we’d be up to if it stayed at 100% since the beginning? Probably a good 10in
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
« Reply #25375 on: December 01, 2020, 07:50:21 PM »
Spyderco Roadie. I've wanted one since long before we even did the Spyderco challenge; and at $56, I figured it was time to pull the trigger.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 08:08:54 PM by cody6268 »
« Reply #25376 on: December 01, 2020, 08:27:39 PM »
I've ordered one of these; https://heinnie.com/nite-ize-pock-its for the Batman Challenge in January, as it dawned on me that, whilst I have a number of Bat-Belt/Vest/Pouch options, for work etc, I don't have a set up for my non work EDC  :ahhh

I have never used (needed) this type of thing so I have no idea how it'll work out.

I would prefer leather but, the options are just too much for my tiny brain to process (Yes I've looked on Etsy, et-al)

If anyone has some actual personal recommendations for UK based suppliers then please shout out  :pok:

I'm looking for pocket (front or rear) carry and NOT belt/clip stuff (unless removable  :think: )

Just needs to hold a SAK (Alox 93mm, 4 Layer) LM (PST/Rebar) and a small torch (Fenix 01) I do not want, or need, to carry a pen!

Cheers all  :cheers:

« Reply #25377 on: December 03, 2020, 10:56:12 PM »
I had set a budget of $75 and one knife for Spyderco's online factory second sale today. I ended up spending $127 (though, I could have spent $150, got free shipping, and a few more knives) and getting three knives. The Para 3 and Native 5 LW were really high on my list, and at $66 and $37 prices respectively, I couldn't resist. They weren't in the exact configurations I wanted (I was looking at some of the more exotic steels, and colorful handles; and camo for the Para 3), but at least they are the models I wanted.  Took me three hours of trying, and so many server errors (mostly timeout errors) I lost count about an hour in.

Borrowed photos from other retailers. Spyderco's website is still acting weird.

Para 3 Black G10/Black S30V blade.

Native 5 LW, Black FRN/ComboEdge S30V

And a Byrd Robin 2 with stainless handles. The same size as the Dragonfly, so I think I'll like it. At $11, I couldn't say no.

« Reply #25378 on: December 04, 2020, 02:12:39 AM »
I had set a budget of $75 and one knife for Spyderco's online factory second sale today. I ended up spending $127 (though, I could have spent $150, got free shipping, and a few more knives) and getting three knives. The Para 3 and Native 5 LW were really high on my list, and at $66 and $37 prices respectively, I couldn't resist. They weren't in the exact configurations I wanted (I was looking at some of the more exotic steels, and colorful handles; and camo for the Para 3), but at least they are the models I wanted.  Took me three hours of trying, and so many server errors (mostly timeout errors) I lost count about an hour in.

Borrowed photos from other retailers. Spyderco's website is still acting weird.

Para 3 Black G10/Black S30V blade.

(Image removed from quote.)

Native 5 LW, Black FRN/ComboEdge S30V

And a Byrd Robin 2 with stainless handles. The same size as the Dragonfly, so I think I'll like it. At $11, I couldn't say no.

Those are some nice shiny things  :drool: :tu:

No Life Club Posts: 2,126
« Reply #25379 on: December 04, 2020, 06:59:25 AM »

I use a #7 in the kitchen a lot SirVic, very good for cheese, tomatoes etc. I've a 6 and 9 too, very fond of them, has yours arrived (maybe I need to read further down the posts!)  :twak:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $207.17
PayPal Fees: $12.17
Net Balance: $195.00
Below Goal: $105.00
Site Currency: USD
65%