Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way? 1220497

Sr. Member Posts: 319
Re: What do we have on the way?
« Reply #25380 on: December 06, 2020, 08:59:53 PM »
There’s a PST with tool adapter and bits in of of those huge leather sheaths on its way to me. Perhaps not very practical but fun to have.  :multi:
No Life Club Posts: 2,387
« Reply #25381 on: December 06, 2020, 09:50:44 PM »
There’s a PST with tool adapter and bits in of of those huge leather sheaths on its way to me. Perhaps not very practical but fun to have.  :multi:
What is this "practical" of which you speak... :pok: :whistle:

They don't like it up 'em!
Sr. Member Posts: 319
« Reply #25382 on: December 06, 2020, 10:18:53 PM »
What is this "practical" of which you speak... :pok: :whistle:

:rofl:

:like: I note the use of the word "probably"  :pok: :whistle:

You were right...   :facepalm:
No Life Club Posts: 4,722
« Reply #25383 on: December 15, 2020, 03:26:42 PM »
Klein Tools 32528 Schrader Bit for their exchangeable bit screwdrivers. I have the 11-in-1, which I use regularly, and it's great. But, currently, my only Schrader/valve core tool is on a small pocket screwdriver (which has the Schrader tool instead of a magnet) which I lose constantly. Every time I have to do work on a tire, it's not there.  While this bit is designed for (and usually sold with a model made for) HVAC use, it will fit in my standard 11-in-1 Klein and will replace the square drive/Robertson bit.  It also has a tap for repairing damaged threads if need be. I have an Ace-branded driver which I've left the Robertson in; since around here, the only thing that uses Robertson is a dining room set, and I don't need a Robertson bit that often. Thus, in my use, it's basically a waste of space, but a Schrader valve tool is always needed, but often not found.

This was $6, and contains two of the bits--good if I manage to lose a bit. May even pick up another 11-in-1 from my local electrical supply house; so that I can put this bit in a second driver to have in my truck.

Point Of No Return Posts: 30,094 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #25384 on: December 15, 2020, 03:35:11 PM »
Interesting,,
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
« Reply #25385 on: December 15, 2020, 05:17:28 PM »
I just got the Mrs to order me a little something, I’ve been after one of these for a while because my grandfather had one waay back when and other company’s make them but I wanted my Craftsman company, only thing is they started making them in China, so they’ve been hard to find till today, brand new and made in USA stamped unlike the piece of paper that says a USA company but made in China and nothing and on the tool, retardant,  no offense to anyone in China but why lie about a tool saying it’s made in the US yet it’s not? So I found one and acutely not to far from me, so it will be here in a few days and the Mrs can wrap it for Xmas.. :D
JR

As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 52,112
« Reply #25386 on: December 15, 2020, 08:27:48 PM »
 :like:
« Reply #25387 on: December 15, 2020, 11:46:54 PM »
I just got the Mrs to order me a little something, I’ve been after one of these for a while because my grandfather had one waay back when and other company’s make them but I wanted my Craftsman company, only thing is they started making them in China, so they’ve been hard to find till today, brand new and made in USA stamped unlike the piece of paper that says a USA company but made in China and nothing and on the tool, retardant,  no offense to anyone in China but why lie about a tool saying it’s made in the US yet it’s not? So I found one and acutely not to far from me, so it will be here in a few days and the Mrs can wrap it for Xmas.. :D
JR

I have three of them. The current, China-made ones have rounded drivers. I've not seen the loose ones, but my Lowe's had them with the screwdriver sets.

I think that one is USA-made. The current ones don't seem to have USA stamped on them anywhere, and the Craftsman logo looks cheaper and simpler.  That is, unless toolings were sold and shipped overseas, and they had yet to take "MADE IN USA" off the stamping.  Interestingly enough, Granddad's, from the 1980s is stamped "WF" for Western Forge like a lot of Craftsman stuff, but mine, is not. Also, mine had no packaging, not even a label on the chain. They (ca. 2014; about a year before Sears went under here) were bulk-packed in a counter display box with bar code that the cashier scanned.

While not as many drivers, Proto still makes the J-100 in the US. Price seems to have gone up a little bit more than a buck in the past couple months. WTF? But, about what you'd pay for what people are charging online for a 9-4160 (mine were all $1 by the way). I don't see why something like this would cost so much. Little labor, since it's just a stamped and minimally finished thin piece of hardened tool steel.

https://www.grainger.com/product/PROTO-Alloy-Steel-Keychain-Slotted-3R162

« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 12:01:02 AM by cody6268 »
« Reply #25388 on: December 16, 2020, 12:28:14 AM »
I have three of them. The current, China-made ones have rounded drivers. I've not seen the loose ones, but my Lowe's had them with the screwdriver sets.

I think that one is USA-made. The current ones don't seem to have USA stamped on them anywhere, and the Craftsman logo looks cheaper and simpler.  That is, unless toolings were sold and shipped overseas, and they had yet to take "MADE IN USA" off the stamping.  Interestingly enough, Granddad's, from the 1980s is stamped "WF" for Western Forge like a lot of Craftsman stuff, but mine, is not. Also, mine had no packaging, not even a label on the chain. They (ca. 2014; about a year before Sears went under here) were bulk-packed in a counter display box with bar code that the cashier scanned.

While not as many drivers, Proto still makes the J-100 in the US. Price seems to have gone up a little bit more than a buck in the past couple months. WTF? But, about what you'd pay for what people are charging online for a 9-4160 (mine were all $1 by the way). I don't see why something like this would cost so much. Little labor, since it's just a stamped and minimally finished thin piece of hardened tool steel.

https://www.grainger.com/product/PROTO-Alloy-Steel-Keychain-Slotted-3R162
Here’s the tags that the newer ones come with, thus don’t have the USA stamp, the one I ordered came from a box, no tags, so it would have been one of those little boxes at the checkout counter,,
JR

Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,973 Born to multitask.
« Reply #25389 on: December 18, 2020, 06:40:20 AM »
I ordered a Farmer X :cheers:
Echotech made me do it. :ahhh
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,890 \o/
« Reply #25390 on: December 18, 2020, 08:13:59 AM »

We're a bunch of enablers :D

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,102
« Reply #25391 on: December 18, 2020, 08:37:06 AM »

Good it's not your fault then  :like:

Formerly known as MTMatt
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,102
« Reply #25392 on: December 18, 2020, 08:37:40 AM »
We're a bunch of enablers :D

Oh they are  :ahhh

Formerly known as MTMatt
No Life Club Posts: 1,236
« Reply #25393 on: December 18, 2020, 11:04:36 AM »
Today I am waiting on a new edc torch, a fenix E18r to replace my olight S10r 111 which stopped working. 

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,763 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #25394 on: December 18, 2020, 12:50:11 PM »
Today I am waiting on a new edc torch, a fenix E18r to replace my olight S10r 111 which stopped working.

You know you have to change batteries from time to time, right?...

:pok: :pok:

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

No Life Club Posts: 3,329
What do we have on the way?
« Reply #25395 on: December 20, 2020, 06:09:54 PM »
I bought used LM Squirt ES4 and new Pioneer X. I wasnt supposw to buy that PX but i forgot that i made offer for it and i ended winning it.

Only Tools Matters
« Reply #25396 on: December 22, 2020, 03:04:12 PM »
Pioneer X arrived today

Only Tools Matters
« Reply #25397 on: December 22, 2020, 03:16:11 PM »
Pioneer X arrived today
(Image removed from quote.)

Only Tools Matters
Good one, I’ve been carrying mine for as long as it came out,
JR

« Reply #25398 on: December 22, 2020, 03:23:12 PM »
Good one, I’ve been carrying mine for as long as it came out,
JR
This is my second one, this was kinda misfire buy, i leaved offer on this and forgetted it and seller accepted my offer.

Only Tools Matters
« Reply #25399 on: December 22, 2020, 03:33:01 PM »
This is my second one, this was kinda misfire buy, i leaved offer on this and forgetted it and seller accepted my offer.

Only Tools Matters
Oops, lol. It’s still a good knife, I always thoughts Swiss Army knives were just plastic till I joined on here and then I saw a whole new world, yeah they don’t have the toothpicks or tweezers, but I love them! I have a cadet, farmer, PioneerX, soon a farmerx, a custom, and a keychain all in the alox style,
JR

Newbie Posts: 36
« Reply #25400 on: December 22, 2020, 07:06:52 PM »
Just ordered this today!
« Reply #25401 on: December 22, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »
And this one...
No Life Club Posts: 1,619
« Reply #25402 on: December 23, 2020, 05:12:40 AM »
Congrats on your new toys, err, tools; mdweezee! The Hanwei looks pretty nice!

OT- Since I've been behaved and good, I got news that a BO Wave+ and BO Bit Extender are on it's way to me; that's good news, since now they'll finish off my BO pocket clip!!! :facepalm: :rofl:
« Reply #25403 on: December 23, 2020, 09:23:57 AM »
Congrats on your new toys, err, tools; mdweezee! The Hanwei looks pretty nice!

OT- Since I've been behaved and good, I got news that a BO Wave+ and BO Bit Extender are on it's way to me; that's good news, since now they'll finish off my BO pocket clip!!! :facepalm: :rofl:

Thanks!  Congrats to you also, love the look of BO tools!
No Life Club Posts: 4,717 Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
« Reply #25404 on: December 23, 2020, 09:25:21 AM »

Ahhhh, MTo "man-maths" * at its finest !!!    :pok:   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :salute: :tu:

*  "man-maths" where a purchase decision is made based on want rather than real need, but some kind of justification is needed to justify the expenditure. 

It doesn't really matter how tenuous the connection between the decision & the justification, so long as there is some vaguely-plausible relationship (but don't look too closely or the whole pack of cards may collapse right before your eyes).    ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:31:27 AM by gregozedobe »

babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,103
« Reply #25405 on: December 23, 2020, 10:45:52 AM »
A Green and a Blue Farmer X.  I asked my wife which color she liked better of my Blue and Green Pioneer X.  She said both were nice, but if she had to choose ....  I took that to me I should get both. 
No Life Club Posts: 1,619
« Reply #25406 on: December 23, 2020, 10:48:26 AM »
 :iagree: :like:
You've got me gregozedobe; guilty!!!  :facepalm: :rofl: :rofl:
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 52,112
« Reply #25407 on: December 23, 2020, 01:46:24 PM »
A Green and a Blue Farmer X.  I asked my wife which color she liked better of my Blue and Green Pioneer X.  She said both were nice, but if she had to choose ....  I took that to me I should get both.

Thread Killer 2019 No Life Club Posts: 4,369
« Reply #25408 on: December 23, 2020, 02:51:53 PM »
Ahhhh, MTo "man-maths" * at its finest !!!    :pok:   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :salute: :tu:

*  "man-maths" where a purchase decision is made based on want rather than real need, but some kind of justification is needed to justify the expenditure. 

It doesn't really matter how tenuous the connection between the decision & the justification, so long as there is some vaguely-plausible relationship (but don't look too closely or the whole pack of cards may collapse right before your eyes).    ;)
It's even worse with guns since they're usually more expensive than knives.  I will admit to having bought a $700 rifle once because I had a leather sling I wasn't already using, and I thought the sling would look good on a new rifle.  I've also bought pistols because I had half a box of ammo in that caliber, or I had a holster it would fit.
I have not one, but two Schrade USA Sharpfingers on the way.  I didn't expect to win both.
« Reply #25409 on: December 23, 2020, 06:37:12 PM »
Yup, I've done it too. I once bid on two Schrade USA Lake and Walkers; since I figured I'd not get one of them. Well, I ended up with both.   One the seller notified me he'd broken the thumb stud off trying to tighten it; and I ended up getting the second for free. He replaced the thumb stud, but I noticed the Torx screw that holds it on seems to want to catch the handle, resulting in the blade being within a hair of not closing fully. At least you've got a backup.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 07:06:35 PM by cody6268 »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $179.70
PayPal Fees: $10.57
Net Balance: $169.13
Below Goal: $130.87
Site Currency: USD