Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26150 · 1393160

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #25410 on: December 23, 2020, 06:48:58 PM
I WANT MY RED VICTORINOX FARMERX WITH ZERMATT SHEATH WITH STEEL AND VICTORINOX ZIPPER PULL!
And I still have to wait till Xmas :cry: :cry: :cry: OMG this is killing me!! I sound like the kid in a Christmas story movie with his red Ryder BB gun,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25411 on: December 23, 2020, 06:56:24 PM
Sounds like my kids.  They also want to know what I got the other kids.  I never tell anyone what I get or got the others.  Drives them crazy.  They always say, just tell me what you got them, to which I reply, I forgot so we'll all be surprised.   :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25412 on: December 23, 2020, 07:22:48 PM
Ahhhh, MTo "man-maths" * at its finest !!!    :pok:   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :salute: :tu:

*  "man-maths" where a purchase decision is made based on want rather than real need, but some kind of justification is needed to justify the expenditure. 

It doesn't really matter how tenuous the connection between the decision & the justification, so long as there is some vaguely-plausible relationship (but don't look too closely or the whole pack of cards may collapse right before your eyes).    ;)

I've just learned something new about myself. Thank you  :tu:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25413 on: December 23, 2020, 07:23:32 PM
A Green and a Blue Farmer X.  I asked my wife which color she liked better of my Blue and Green Pioneer X.  She said both were nice, but if she had to choose ....  I took that to me I should get both.

:rofl:  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25414 on: December 23, 2020, 08:00:59 PM
 :iagree:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25415 on: December 23, 2020, 08:06:41 PM
Sounds like my kids.  They also want to know what I got the other kids.  I never tell anyone what I get or got the others.  Drives them crazy.  They always say, just tell me what you got them, to which I reply, I forgot so we'll all be surprised.   :rofl:
I know that and the four way craftsman screwdriver keychain, other then that I have no clue as to what I’m getting, normally the wife and I only get one gift, we pick it thus the sak, but this year we kinda went a little nutty, her friend needed some things done around her house and we both chipped in, we didn’t want to get paid but she insisted, so we bought a few more things then normal, plus gave the kid a few bucks and said get us something, so I had to help him get stuff for mom, and she got stuff for me, she’s going to flip when she sees what he got her, at first he’s like don’t talk me out of it, but I found a better deal and I said see I’m not talking you out of it and he’s like ok, that’s better, it was a bunch of pendants from the tv show “supernatural” that just ended, but the one she’s going to flip over that he got her is the license plate that’s on the car in the show!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #25416 on: December 26, 2020, 07:26:44 PM
These. Although there was a warning on the website about delays at the border  :ahhh

Is something going on  :dunno: :rofl:
vic case 20a.jpg
* vic case 20a.jpg (Filesize: 92.34 KB)
vic cap 20a.jpg
* vic cap 20a.jpg (Filesize: 96.21 KB)
They don't like it up 'em!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #25417 on: December 27, 2020, 10:55:02 AM
ST300 coming soon. :cheers:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25418 on: December 27, 2020, 01:53:37 PM
 :like: :tu:

nl Offline nitram

Reply #25419 on: December 27, 2020, 02:11:36 PM
These. Although there was a warning on the website about delays at the border  :ahhh

Is something going on  :dunno: :rofl:

There’s nothing going on as far as I know. It’s so quiet they’ve closed the stores and virtually everything else around here.  :think:

I have a Vic Grand Prix coming in soon. Also another Master Craftsman and Champion, it’s good to have backups, since I’m not a collector (no really, not a collector  :facepalm:)
:climber:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25420 on: December 27, 2020, 05:48:46 PM
Since I'm distancing myself from Amazon, I decided to try Fastenal for a 608ZZ bearing my Granddad's roller walker threw. They make the things out of Chinesium, and they don't last.

This is a multitool forum, and I threw this in as well.

This was just $10. It appears to be a Ganzo-type with the bit kit. I will admit, I bought it more for the bit kit than I did the tool. Those bit kits should work with my ST300, Rebar, and Gerbers. Plus, I have the tool for a beater.

Blackstone Industrial Multi-Tool.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #25421 on: December 27, 2020, 08:38:20 PM
There’s nothing going on as far as I know. It’s so quiet they’ve closed the stores and virtually everything else around here.  :think:

I have a Vic Grand Prix coming in soon. Also another Master Craftsman and Champion, it’s good to have backups, since I’m not a collector (no really, not a collector  :facepalm: )
 :climber:
Someone mentioned something called "Brexit" and trucks being stacked at the border!

Why wasn't I warned  :dunno: :rofl: 

nl Offline nitram

Reply #25422 on: December 27, 2020, 08:55:41 PM
Someone mentioned something called "Brexit" and trucks being stacked at the border!

Why wasn't I warned  :dunno: :rofl:
Probably because it all happened so suddenly   :whistle:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #25423 on: December 27, 2020, 10:24:33 PM
Probably because it all happened so suddenly   :whistle:
If only there had been oh, I don't know, say 4 years notice  :facepalm: :dunno:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #25424 on: December 28, 2020, 05:49:13 AM
If only there had been oh, I don't know, say 4 years notice  :facepalm: :dunno:

Yeah, Brexit was such a last-minute thing I guess it took everyone by surprise   :pok:   :rofl:   :popcorn:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #25425 on: December 28, 2020, 07:06:09 AM
Well, I Ebayed these:
20201227_232445.jpg
* 20201227_232445.jpg (Filesize: 499.06 KB)
20201227_232512.jpg
* 20201227_232512.jpg (Filesize: 434.18 KB)
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

ca Offline Altis

Reply #25426 on: December 28, 2020, 08:16:20 AM
Well, I Ebayed these:

Nice -- looks like a Climber and a Ranger?

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #25427 on: December 28, 2020, 03:11:54 PM
I reckon. I guess the single-blade one must be a gardiner.

If the Ranger's in rough enough shape, I'll use it for my EDC.
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

ca Offline Altis

Reply #25428 on: December 28, 2020, 08:38:09 PM
I reckon. I guess the single-blade one must be a gardiner.

If the Ranger's in rough enough shape, I'll use it for my EDC.

The only SAK I have bought used was a Ranger... it didn't look all that great so I expected it to be a hard-worker, but it cleaned up beautifully and with some new scales it looks like new.

Very tool-filled model. Kind of wish it could be had with a T-phillips instead of the corkscrew as I find that more suited with the crafting tools that it has.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25429 on: December 28, 2020, 09:23:29 PM
Well with the gift cards I got I ordered me a little something, one item came in today, I ordered a red victorinox zipper pull to go with the red FarmerX, but I also ordered three models, the kid didn’t see the pistol in my wishlist or else he would have got that so I figured I’d get it, and also another sak, a walker? Formally known as a lumberjack or even a plumber? So it was on sale and I couldn’t pass it up..
JR

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25430 on: December 28, 2020, 09:38:26 PM
This has been on my "wish" list for a couple of years and I finally got around to buying one.  Texas Jack Small CV amber bone.

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #25431 on: December 29, 2020, 01:53:36 AM
The only SAK I have bought used was a Ranger... it didn't look all that great so I expected it to be a hard-worker, but it cleaned up beautifully and with some new scales it looks like new.

Very tool-filled model. Kind of wish it could be had with a T-phillips instead of the corkscrew as I find that more suited with the crafting tools that it has.

Yes, I agree about the phillips. It's nuts in my opinion there isn't a smallish 91 with both a phillips bit and a metal saw. I think Expedition is the first one to combine both, in a 6-layer package.

nl Offline nitram

Reply #25432 on: December 29, 2020, 11:45:29 AM
Yes, I agree about the phillips. It's nuts in my opinion there isn't a smallish 91 with both a phillips bit and a metal saw. I think Expedition is the first one to combine both, in a 6-layer package.

Well, there’s always older models or a mod? Replacing the corkscrew with a Phillips is a relatively easy thing to do.

It is a shame Victorinox has retired so many models that a lot of people seem to want. Probably an accounting decision, the current ones must sell much better.

nl Offline nitram

Reply #25433 on: December 29, 2020, 11:47:34 AM
This has been on my "wish" list for a couple of years and I finally got around to buying one.  Texas Jack Small CV amber bone.

(Image removed from quote.)

That looks like something I could get along with, very nice.  :like:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25434 on: December 29, 2020, 01:44:34 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

Congrats G !    :like:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #25435 on: December 29, 2020, 03:01:22 PM
Well, there’s always older models or a mod? Replacing the corkscrew with a Phillips is a relatively easy thing to do.

It is a shame Victorinox has retired so many models that a lot of people seem to want. Probably an accounting decision, the current ones must sell much better.

Yeah, if I take something apart, I have to put new scales on it, which is more $.   :facepalm: Plus I can't count on getting the rivets in there correctly. Oh well.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #25436 on: December 30, 2020, 08:54:23 PM
I don't expect it to be fantastic but it comes with a free bit kit & lamp. Might be handy for the bike top-box  :dunno:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15967986/true-utility-handyone-combo-pack-with-nebo-tac-slyde-light-15967986

Offline Yoda mpb

Reply #25437 on: December 30, 2020, 09:44:33 PM
Hi, first post!

Just found the forum again after a few years! Like most of you, I've got a lot of multitools..... Mostly leathermans.

So, I ordered a new leatherman surge, then saw a new p4 really cheap and ordered that too. Problem is they both arrive tomorrow. God knows how I'm going to get away with both arriving on the same day! Especially, since our chuffing cat just cost us 600 quid today!

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25438 on: December 30, 2020, 11:13:13 PM
I don't expect it to be fantastic but it comes with a free bit kit & lamp. Might be handy for the bike top-box  :dunno:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15967986/true-utility-handyone-combo-pack-with-nebo-tac-slyde-light-15967986

That's like what, the third brand I've seen it marketed under?   First, Kilamanjaro (with a cheap light), then CAT/Caterpillar (both by itself and with a cheap, small knife/light combo), and now True Utility.  But, bundled with that Nebo light and a bit kit, that's one of the better sets with that to I've seen.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25439 on: December 30, 2020, 11:31:26 PM
Hi, first post!

Just found the forum again after a few years! Like most of you, I've got a lot of multitools..... Mostly leathermans.

So, I ordered a new leatherman surge, then saw a new p4 really cheap and ordered that too. Problem is they both arrive tomorrow. God knows how I'm going to get away with both arriving on the same day! Especially, since our chuffing cat just cost us 600 quid today!

Welcome and congrats !   :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD