Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26150 · 1393170

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #25740 on: June 10, 2021, 06:30:14 PM
For any MT that has inwards facing blades (a step worse than just nail nicks) I tend to carry a primary blade or at least a SAK that's quicker to deploy. The UKPK is great for that, even if the clip is seemingly made of glass  :ahhh

What do you mean not me, Surgey are we falling out? Do I get your tools and a maintenance payment in the divorce?!

It was good whilst it lasted, please use plenty of bubble wrap for the transport and bank transfers for the payments  :whistle:

It's on the list, I don't regret getting that shiny copper Boker first. Though immediately doing the Pocket Rocket challenge wasn't the smartest move  :facepalm:
At least I have an Ambassador and Executive now...  :rofl:
I agree with the inward facing tool thing (although I believe it's now called "gender reassignment"  ;) ) and I did indeed carry my UKPK with my PST today (no actual usage though  ::) ) so we are in agreement there  :tu:

We are not falling out except for the duration of Euro 2020 2021, particularly as I have drawn England & Scotland in our work sweepstake  :megaslap:

I am not a fan of the game myself (Rugby being the sport of Kings) but national pride, with a large portion of banter, and all that :pok:
I have also fallen foul of a poorly timed purchase but, as we awl know, there'll be another one along soon  :facepalm: 
PST & UKPK.jpg
* PST & UKPK.jpg (Filesize: 142.53 KB)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 06:35:17 PM by SurgeUk »
They don't like it up 'em!

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #25741 on: June 10, 2021, 07:42:18 PM
I agree with the inward facing tool thing (although I believe it's now called "gender reassignment"  ;) ) and I did indeed carry my UKPK with my PST today (no actual usage though  ::) ) so we are in agreement there  :tu:

We are not falling out except for the duration of Euro 2020 2021, particularly as I have drawn England & Scotland in our work sweepstake  :megaslap:

I am not a fan of the game myself (Rugby being the sport of Kings) but national pride, with a large portion of banter, and all that :pok:
I have also fallen foul of a poorly timed purchase but, as we awl know, there'll be another one along soon  :facepalm:

So you ordered y'self a "gender reassignment?" So is it Mrs Surge now?  :think: :whistle:

Fall out over Football? I'm Welsh, I have no aspirations about football other than the genetic desire to watch England lose  :dunno:

Played it for my village for 7 years as a young un but never enjoyed watching it, but as I gained more layers myself I wouldn't even play it right now either  :rofl:

Rugby's the only sport worth givin' a monkeys about, and it isn't because it's the only sport we're particularly good at either  ::)
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #25742 on: June 12, 2021, 01:36:05 PM
Lets see now,

- Civivi Elementum S35VN
- Böker Toolkit bit driver
- Loctite Lock Stick
- Victorinox Soldier yr. stamp ‘97
- Gerber Armbar Drive

:facepalm:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25743 on: June 15, 2021, 03:51:02 PM
 :popcorn:

Exciting. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25744 on: June 15, 2021, 10:18:11 PM
I finally got the Skeletool hammer I got from Sos  on as the hardware arrived from Metro in Canada; but forgot to order the V-Cutter insert (this is the rescue model; and I needed the cutter for baler twine, package strapping, and clam pack). Decided to choose Swiss Knife Shop instead of LM; as well, I buy WAY more SAKs than LMs.

While I was there, and since it's "Free Shipping over $20" I picked up a Classic SD from the new colors series. I selected "Sky High".  A bit tight on funds, so I couldn't spring the extra $12 for an Alox one. An Alox model in a somewhat similar color will come when I need to finally get my order of toothpicks, tweezers, and micro drivers in. I lose them constantly.... I'm honestly surprised these aren't a heck of a lot more than the run-of-the-mill Classics in Cellidor and Alox.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #25745 on: June 16, 2021, 10:12:16 PM
I still am waiting on a pair of blue 74mm scales.  They were shipped from Las Vegas on 27May  and still haven’t arrived. 

• No Life Club
Reply #25746 on: June 21, 2021, 09:49:20 PM
So Primeday and a payment I wasn't expecting got the better of me  :facepalm: I now have an Olight Baton 3 (in the reallyyy nice purple/blue fade) with charging case, a Rovyvon Aurora A5x UV (I've wanted to try this kind of light for a while and the sale made it make more sense than the Tiki) and a brass pill lighter because I've just wanted a tiny lighter for a while  :drink:

And because of the black magic of Amazon Prime I ordered it at 8.40pm my time and it will be delivered tomorrow, huzzah! :popcorn:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #25747 on: June 22, 2021, 08:03:21 PM
Toor Knives Vandal

Offline Rab21

Reply #25748 on: June 27, 2021, 04:30:08 PM
I don't know how its happened but I've just order a titanium kizer zipslip and a HH exclusive spyderco urban.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #25749 on: June 27, 2021, 06:04:40 PM
I don't know how its happened but I've just order a titanium kizer zipslip and a HH exclusive spyderco urban.

I hate it when that happens.  :D
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #25750 on: June 27, 2021, 06:05:18 PM
A vintage Bog socket set. 
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

• No Life Club
Reply #25751 on: June 27, 2021, 08:24:51 PM

It was the newsletter that drew you in wasn't it? Not the first of us to fall and won't be the last  :rofl:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25752 on: June 29, 2021, 12:35:31 AM
CRKT Windage with Veff Serrations. Having recently been discontinued, the CRKT Ruger series has been enjoying some great discounts lately. The whole line was rather upscale compared to regular CRKT fare from a big box store. I had ordered it from Amazon after seeing one a member of another forum had posted there, but cancelled my order.  He PM'd me, mentioning he'd bought it as an EDC (but never used it), and it proved too big for him and would sell it to me for a very good price.   His asking price was $20 shipped, about $5 less than the Amazon knife.  CRKT's MSRP was $80.

The "Innovative Pocket Clip" confuses me.  My interest was the Veff serrations (I'm thinking about sending some of my Mora knives to Veff Sharpening to have them added) and the IKBS pivot, said to be super-smooth.

It's a big knife (a little over 5" closed, a little over 3 3/4" blade); so no-go for EDC (my part of VA doesn't really outlaw anything, while WV does say there's a 3.5" limit, that goes away if you've got a CCW, but also, I live in an area where knives are viewed as tools and thus your knife is never a problem). But it will be a farm work knife, as I prefer a knife just under 4" for EDC

Offline dmattaponi

Reply #25753 on: June 29, 2021, 02:35:12 PM
Ordered a Leatherman Supertool 300 yesterday.  Supposed to arrive by Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline dmattaponi

Reply #25754 on: June 29, 2021, 02:35:50 PM
Ok. Despite saying I didn't need/want one I've ordered a Bond  :-[
I am beyond salvation  :facepalm:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25755 on: June 29, 2021, 03:02:00 PM
Ok. Despite saying I didn't need/want one I've ordered a Bond  :-[
I am beyond salvation  :facepalm:

Aside from the Rebar, it's the most commonsense offering Leatherman has. Mine has pretty much been my go-to since I ordered it about the time they came out.  The PST can be painful (and sometimes pinchy) to use when cutting hardened steel wire or when gripping a screw/bolt tightly. The Rebar isn't a whole lot thicker than the Bond, but "out and about" I rarely need the saw; and for the serrated blade, I have an OHO Spyderco rescue knife.  Neither the  Rebar or PST can be fitted with a clip without modification. But, the Bond is designed to take the Free's clip, and I already had one I'd bought when I bought a Free T2 (which ain't all that great). You even have a real awl (which is missing from the Wave/Charge, all the Frees, and Wingman/Sidekick/Rev) as well. And a real file, not that tiny Wingman-type thing off the Free.

And $50 or so--not north of $100.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25756 on: June 30, 2021, 05:22:24 PM
Years ago (paper inside is marked 2012), my grandmother and I bought a large (94-piece--if I recall, close to $200 back then) USA-made Craftsman mechanic's toolset for my Granddad. Because sockets are constantly disappearing into a black hole or another dimension, I decided to get it out and put it together.  I finally assembled the thing today, and as I was going through it, noticed that the 9mm deep well socket and what appears to be a 1/4 extension were missing (whichI can't find listed on the paper, but know I have one) had a slot, but was not included. These were sealed bags, so it happened at the factory.

$10 shipped NOS; actually the same as a new Proto socket from my local Fastenal.  Especially given how Black and Decker ruined Craftsman. You know, you could've continued using the same contractors, or had them made as a lower-end Proto-made item.  The prices of "pro-grade" tools is just obscene, and while not really a fan of Harbor Freight due to country of origin. Craftsman stuff is now made "over there" mostly too, but Harbor Freight is getting better. The Icon line, supposedly designed to compete with the high-end pro brands, really impresses me, and I'm going to try a 3/8 ratchet here pretty soon.

s-l500.jpg
* s-l500.jpg (Filesize: 15.15 KB)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 05:27:50 PM by cody6268 »

Offline Rab21

Reply #25757 on: July 03, 2021, 02:47:05 AM
Patiently waiting for this to arrive

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #25758 on: July 03, 2021, 03:15:23 PM
Patiently waiting for this to arrive(Image removed from quote.)

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25759 on: July 03, 2021, 03:42:57 PM
 :popcorn:

Esse Quam Videri

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #25760 on: July 03, 2021, 11:34:37 PM
Old Mechanic. Either a restore project or to harvest the early gen pliers. Cost all of $18 (equivalent).  :tu:

I hope Bradley does not mind if I change the scales  :pok:

Seller's pic, should get to me in about 4 days...
210610082912_20210609_152118.jpg
* 210610082912_20210609_152118.jpg (Filesize: 8.01 KB)
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #25761 on: July 07, 2021, 12:08:14 PM
Old Mechanic. Either a restore project or to harvest the early gen pliers. Cost all of $18 (equivalent).  :tu:

Oh, I think he minds...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25762 on: July 07, 2021, 08:32:15 PM

Really good score! I don't mind ad scales (especially if it's related to the local coal industry--which are featured on several traditional folders I own and a binder full of hard hat stickers); but someone's name is a problem. Coincidentally though, I knew a guy who had the same last name as a company logo (NOT someone's name) on a Waiter I found; and I gave it to him. He was pretty excited to get it.

• No Life Club
Reply #25763 on: July 07, 2021, 08:41:15 PM
Got a Suunto Core All Black on the way as an early birthday present to myself  :tu:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25764 on: July 07, 2021, 09:57:59 PM
A cheap $20 Casio. Almost went for the $50 entry model G Shock, but couldn't afford it this month. I've been working out more, and needed the stopwatch/alarm. I know a good friend who's gotten over 20 years out of one of these. Around here, I would say 50% own a Timex, 50% an older digital Casio.

I'm more fan of analog "expedition watch" type styles, but if we're talking about analog chronographs, that's out of my league entirely. My three users (four counting this one); a Bertucci DX-3 ($35 pre-owned/refurbished direct from company; but new as far as I can tell), Victorinox Garrison Roush Fenway Racing edition ($35 used plus about $10 counting new band bought after the already aftermarket cheap band the watch had on it failed), and Timex Expedition ($35 from local department store); plus this $20 watch; may be just under $200, but still comes in at  what ONE Citizen costs (and I've been drooling over at my jeweler every time one of these entry-level watches gets their batteries and/or bands changed. Some day maybe...). I really want an analog diver, but those are expensive!!!!!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 10:07:37 PM by cody6268 »

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #25765 on: July 07, 2021, 10:29:48 PM
Nice  :like:
There's a lot to be said for a trusty Casio LCD watch. There's a good reason these have not changed in 20 years and Casio has such a loyal following.  :salute:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

• No Life Club
Reply #25766 on: July 07, 2021, 11:11:30 PM
A cheap $20 Casio. Almost went for the $50 entry model G Shock, but couldn't afford it this month. I've been working out more, and needed the stopwatch/alarm. I know a good friend who's gotten over 20 years out of one of these. Around here, I would say 50% own a Timex, 50% an older digital Casio.

I'm more fan of analog "expedition watch" type styles, but if we're talking about analog chronographs, that's out of my league entirely. My three users (four counting this one); a Bertucci DX-3 ($35 pre-owned/refurbished direct from company; but new as far as I can tell), Victorinox Garrison Roush Fenway Racing edition ($35 used plus about $10 counting new band bought after the already aftermarket cheap band the watch had on it failed), and Timex Expedition ($35 from local department store); plus this $20 watch; may be just under $200, but still comes in at  what ONE Citizen costs (and I've been drooling over at my jeweler every time one of these entry-level watches gets their batteries and/or bands changed. Some day maybe...). I really want an analog diver, but those are expensive!!!!!

(Image removed from quote.)

You should look at the Casio Duro  :tu:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #25767 on: July 12, 2021, 05:23:53 AM
Four vintage lantern style flash lights and a Crescent 3/4 all metal chisel.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #25768 on: July 12, 2021, 06:02:48 AM
The Casio F-91W is going on 30 years unchanged. I have a Maratac AAA light on the way.  :mail:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #25769 on: July 12, 2021, 02:06:46 PM
  Found a leather holster that fits an iPhone 11 w/ Defender case. Those seem to be hard to find, and found a Texan company that makes them around $55 (open top) that are molded to the case. Of course I just had to see the Dragonscale version... which was $25 more. It's on its way. :ahhh 

Got so tired of finding a case, then a nylon belt holder break. Had used Nite Ize for decades, but they make udder smurf anymore.

Asked BigTxLeather if they made a case in the same design for a SpiritTool X. It would be a custom order, and while they have a fast turn around I use my SpiritTool X multiple times as day. I really did not need another one... but... now have a Swisstool Spirit coming in from Amazon tomorrow. Figured I would see if I can stand that combi-edged knife.

Looks like the same tool, and I could store it at home or give it to a Leatherman friend. Comes with a nylon case. The leather OEM for the Spirit X is starting to get wimpy... fear it will not last long. If the nylon case is good I can use it a while before ordering a custom sheath.
il_794xN.2765346004_k9rs.jpg
* il_794xN.2765346004_k9rs.jpg (Filesize: 172.51 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%