Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26149 · 1384855

au Offline Valkie

Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #25920 on: December 16, 2021, 11:35:46 PM
Very nice gift from your son Valkie :like: FX is the business

https://www.messershop-ob.de/alox-messer_1

These guys usually have coloured alox and they post to Australia :woohoo: (including red, blue, green alox FX, I got a green one about a year ago), but they’ve only red PX and red or black minichamps at the moment

I’m in Sydney and bought from them half a dozen times, all been good but the postage time is unbelievably slow and it’s not cheap, although they do have good sales and the quoted price is a little lower in the checkout as you don’t pay the tax

:cheers:

Thanks for that Echotech, Ill keep that in my contacts.

Too late now for the Farmer X, but I might just shout myself another later if I really feel the need.

I know my son did his research, he sent me several attempts and asked me if I knew where I could get one.
But alas, twas not to be.
The knife will still be great, I just wanted a nice colored one.

I have a Blue Alox Pioneer, which I love, but I use scissors a lot (Mustache) and probably the most other used tool than the knife is the Saw.
I have a Hercules but its (to me) a bit too big to carry every day.

Again, Thanks

* 20211217_093630.jpg (Filesize: 310.51 KB)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 11:42:59 PM by Valkie »
tools is what defines us as humans

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #25921 on: December 17, 2021, 09:48:15 PM
My shirts I ordered finally came in, I spotted something online that an old couple was wearing and they had two baseball jerseys on but for the names they kinda switched things up, and for the numbers they kinda also did a little something, so when they were walking side by side it was perfect, so since the Mrs and I walk a lot and she’s always on my right side I went ahead and had two custom made to fit us, and I wanted that old school look with the old numbers and the pinstripes, but not black and white, a little off color, and I didn’t wan that plastic iron on number so I spent a little extra, but here’s what I got, of course when I started taking the pic I saw the Xmas table placemats and thought, hmm, lol..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #25922 on: December 20, 2021, 12:33:26 PM
Knipex Cobolt 160! :like:

fr Offline Lemonizer

Reply #25923 on: December 21, 2021, 11:41:23 AM
A vic MiniChamp ! It should be there today, aswell as an assortment of fine grain sandpaper, to polish some SAK scales.  :P

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #25924 on: December 21, 2021, 04:38:41 PM
Knipex Cobolt 160! :like:
(Image removed from quote.)

I have the Cobolt 200, which is mostly designed to cut fencing. Pricey (local feed store has them for $100, and I paid $60 on sale from KC Tool), but they'll cut basically anything I need to cut with bolt cutters; and a lot better in dragging around a tool the size of linesman's pliers instead of big, heavy bolt cutters. Not used them on fencing yet, but I've been able to cut all types of fencing used around here.

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #25925 on: December 21, 2021, 08:48:23 PM
A vic MiniChamp !
I think you'll like it. There is a lot of utility packed in that frame, and most jurisdictions shouldn't have any problems with one carrying a MiniChamp.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #25926 on: December 24, 2021, 03:58:39 PM
Hoping that it gets here by January 6, a Coyote Tan Signal, and a Heritage Sheath for my Gen 2 Wave.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

00 Offline Jmoita

Reply #25927 on: December 31, 2021, 01:32:44 AM
Vic Executive in Black. I see it as a nice office carry, and most important, a great complement to any single blade or no scissors big Vic.
I was not going for it just now, but reading about being discontinuated I couldn't resist.

fr Offline Lemonizer

Reply #25928 on: January 01, 2022, 06:07:50 PM
I'm sure you'll love it Jmoita, I'm on the same boat as you, but I haven't ordered one yet ! But as you all know, yet is all relative here.  :rofl:

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25929 on: January 02, 2022, 02:49:18 AM
I spotted this and was like wow, the Mrs saw it and then 5min later turned her pad over to me to show me that she bought me one, I was like you didn’t have to do that but still like  :woohoo:
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fr Offline Lemonizer

Reply #25930 on: January 02, 2022, 08:35:40 PM
Haha that's a fun thingie, I'm happy for you !  :cheers:

• No Life Club
Reply #25931 on: January 03, 2022, 02:42:45 AM
Just ordered an Aqua/Robbin's Egg Signal... :oops:

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #25932 on: January 03, 2022, 02:47:31 AM
Just ordered an Aqua/Robbin's Egg Signal...
I'm looking forward to seeing photos of it. Sounds really cool!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25933 on: January 03, 2022, 07:38:24 PM
Just ordered an Aqua/Robbin's Egg Signal... :oops:

That was quick!

fr Offline Lemonizer

Reply #25934 on: January 03, 2022, 08:30:23 PM
It looks quite original ! I like it  :cheers:

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25935 on: January 03, 2022, 09:53:36 PM
Two toys on the way, the Mrs got a stationary bike and I got a rowing machine, this one doesn’t have the hydronic resistant piston like thing on the screen doors, but a unique flywheel that you fill with water, the more water the more resistance, and the Mrs bike has a 35lb flywheel with magnetic resistance..
JR

• No Life Club
Reply #25936 on: January 03, 2022, 10:35:29 PM
That was quick!

Found a store with the old price; had a discount coupon from them; I liked the Signal and like this color a lot; free shipping so, ... a new Signal for the old Wave + price.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 10:40:35 PM by Juan el Boricua »

• No Life Club
Reply #25937 on: January 03, 2022, 10:39:17 PM
Two toys on the way, the Mrs got a stationary bike and I got a rowing machine, this one doesn’t have the hydronic resistant piston like thing on the screen doors, but a unique flywheel that you fill with water, the more water the more resistance, and the Mrs bike has a 35lb flywheel with magnetic resistance..
JR

Good on you and your wife, JR, as keeping fit and healthy makes for a better and happier lifestyle.  :tu:

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25938 on: January 03, 2022, 11:00:14 PM
Good on you and your wife, JR, as keeping fit and healthy makes for a better and happier lifestyle.  :tu:
I ain’t fit, the Mrs has worked her magic and lost 260lbs, but, she’s got her little gym downstairs, someone was getting rid of an elliptical for free so we snatched that up, but she wanted a bike to go along with her collection of equipment, only problem is there’s not that much room,, but I got to get in the game and drop 40lbs, I so can’t wait to try that rower! But I’ve already cleaned out my goodie stash and have spoke with her about keeping my calories down, I’m on day2..
JR

Here’s some of the other pieces of equipment, so I’m going to have to move some things around to make everything fit, I used to do blueprint and drafting so what I do is draft the room to scale and the same with the furniture, but then cut out the furniture and move them around on the scaled room to see what’s the best layout..

• No Life Club
Reply #25939 on: January 03, 2022, 11:44:40 PM
Nice exercise room/gym, and good luck on your weight reduction plan!!! :tu:

(Maybe your post is a sign/signal for me to "jump into the wagon"... :oops: :facepalm:)

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25940 on: January 04, 2022, 12:20:35 AM
Nice exercise room/gym, and good luck on your weight reduction plan!!! :tu:

(Maybe your post is a sign/signal for me to "jump into the wagon"... :oops: :facepalm:)
One step at a time! The Mrs first step was to only drop soda, that’s it! And by doing so and still eating her normal junk she dropped 60lbs in 6months.. after that was cutting the junk, not totally but not so much, and she dropped a lot more weight, then she started hitting the equipment, her one big problem was she kept going in the hospital and by not doing workouts and the Rx they put her on it amplified the calories, so every time she went in she would come out 10lbs heavier, so a whole months worth of workouts just down the drain, and that happened like over a 2years, but things started to look up and she got better.. now she’s got more freaking energy and is the lightest one in the house besides the dog and cats,
JR

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25941 on: January 04, 2022, 08:47:14 PM
We just got back from shopping and rather then some of the usual junk I change a few things, got some healthy things I can snack on when that feeling hits, and rather then going for the junk food nibble on something good..
JR

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25942 on: January 17, 2022, 10:23:11 PM
Someone just got a new toy,, I think he’s downstairs attempting it right now..
JR

• No Life Club
Reply #25943 on: January 18, 2022, 02:15:52 AM
Nice one for the kid!; cool longboard.  :2tu:  :woohoo:

• No Life Club
Reply #25944 on: January 18, 2022, 02:18:09 AM
Waitin' for a Stainless Steel Signal. :popcorn: :whistle: :popcorn: :whistle:

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25945 on: January 18, 2022, 02:34:11 AM
Nice one for the kid!; cool longboard.  :2tu:  :woohoo:
He’s wanted a longboard for a while, we thought of getting him one for Xmas but didn’t, yet his two cousins bought him this one for getting back and forth to work because this one’s electric..
JR

england Offline Kev D

Reply #25946 on: January 18, 2022, 10:28:05 AM
A minichamp to go on my work keys

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #25947 on: January 19, 2022, 06:26:56 PM
This years LE Px: "Thunder Grey" (or Gray if you're from across the pond)  ;) £75  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
They don't like it up 'em!

england Offline Kev D

Reply #25948 on: January 30, 2022, 08:44:38 PM
Gen 2, 5" firebox stove set with all the bits and bobs to go with it that you can get.

And some 2mm stainless rod to make round pins/firesticks for clipping in a trangia gas burner if I want to.  Firebox ones not sold in the UK, and would cost $18 to get posted.  Cheaper to buy rod and make some.

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25949 on: February 02, 2022, 11:17:32 PM
I got to play with my new toy out in the snow just now! We’re suppose to get up to 12” and I went out now because I had to clean a space for the kid to park because we’re in a state of emergency so he can’t park on the street or else you get ticketed, that and the one sidewalk was like 4” of sludge, like applesauce, it’s suppose to drop onto the 20’s tonight  so knowing my luck it would freeze and I’d be out there with a pick breaking everything up, anyway I must say this little guys a tank! Total power, shot everything long distance, and the blades turn so good it pretty much pulls it’s self!
JR

https://www.tiktok.com/@mrssabrinar/video/7060229171691228463?_d=secCgYIASAHKAESPgo8PtKVr26nrvk9sTwQ%2BjCDCEoXyVLk1rND83S0ojqIghMj7KIaABhqFbzPi%2FmFsuOe%2FMvMLX%2FWK3iM%2BLq0GgA%3D&checksum=7cc39083f708f4e189ca119ca45cc3003349b50f60ecd732a0523756e57c9fd5&language=en&preview_pb=0&sec_user_id=MS4wLjABAAAAAbLeomYJV2gs0p2vPSjHQa4KS6T-TwD6cbMhXrbCMeO_ffVlRSJMM_F5YO2Aqq7q&share_app_id=1233&share_item_id=7060229171691228463&share_link_id=3856978C-B8B7-4270-970F-2118F707D01F&source=h5_m&timestamp=1643838093&tt_from=messenger&u_code=7i4gh206hllc1&user_id=170748809294073856&utm_campaign=client_share&utm_medium=ios&utm_source=messenger&_r=1

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%