Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Red Skipper?

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Red Skipper?
on: July 14, 2011, 10:22:03 AM
I found a NIB Victorinox 0.9093W, which should be a Skipper which is usually blue. This one however has red scales and I can clearly see the marlinspike in the picture.
So, has anyone seen a red Skipper before? Maybe the model existed before the blue nylon 111mm scales were first made? It has a dark red/burgundy box, so it's a bit older I guess.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

br Offline edursr

Re: Red Skipper?
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 07:48:03 PM
 :think: Well, in Smartknives site there is one listed as a Victorinox Mariner, but that would be a Helmsman with red scales, are you sure it has the pliers?

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:07 PM
:think: Well, in Smartknives site there is one listed as a Victorinox Mariner, but that would be a Helmsman with red scales, are you sure it has the pliers?

Thanks! Now I see that the Mariner is mentioned on the Helmsman page on SAKWiki as well.
I was confused by the model number which is the same as the Skipper. And no, I don't know if it has the pliers because there is only one (very bad) pic of this knife :(

Anyway, if it's a Mariner, I guess that would make it uncommon enough for me to want it ;)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:23:44 AM
Yup some Skippers have been seen in Red scales.  Don't know if these were official or not, but I suspect they probably were.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
PayPal Fees: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Below Goal: $300.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%