Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How do you camp?

J-sews · 69 · 7252

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Re: How do you camp?
Reply #60 on: July 01, 2009, 11:11:37 PM
Tent, sleeping bag, matress pad, food and and a stove and a hobo knife…

…and a 50,000 watt sound system.

That would probably keep the bears away too!

I love a nice trance festival in the forest!

I totally agree except I usually prefer Drum and Bass or House music. Which festivals do you frequent? I'm going to Shambhala for my third time this year, they have a sweet line-up!

Goa Gil and Gemini so far this year,   a new one coming up in a couple of weeks,  Burning Man (of course),  Symbiosis and Red Marines and more Goa Gil in the Fall.

House in the woods would be great,  but it doesn't seem to happen very often.   Raindance a couple of years ago with the Wicked DJs was sweet.
Wicked used to do full moon parties on the beach every month back in the early 90s.

Also have fond memories of camping out for the Grateful Dead in Telluride and the like back in the 80s.
R

de Offline Shorty66

Reply #61 on: July 05, 2009, 12:27:57 PM
When i go camping i rarely ever make a Campfire. Thats because there often is not enough wood to fuel one and i dont like to burn a hole into the ground when i am leaving the next day anyway.
I usally take just one tool because i want t go light. My LM Charge isnt exactly light and got replaced by a skeletool.
T - `cause i like tea :)

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #62 on: July 06, 2009, 02:46:37 PM
When i go camping i rarely ever make a Campfire. Thats because there often is not enough wood to fuel one and i dont like to burn a hole into the ground when i am leaving the next day anyway.
I usally take just one tool because i want t go light. My LM Charge isnt exactly light and got replaced by a skeletool.

Agree.  A campfire is only reasonable if you're going to be at the same location for several days, otherwise, a lantern or headlamps are handier.

Agree about the Skeletool.  If it had a file, it would be damn near perfect.

de Offline Shorty66

Reply #63 on: July 06, 2009, 05:05:17 PM
I agree: A file is a nessecity for me - especially while in the mountains. I do often need some scissors too - im simply not htat good at cutting my fingernails with a knive  ;)

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #64 on: July 06, 2009, 05:07:23 PM
I agree: A file is a nessecity for me - especially while in the mountains. I do often need some scissors too - im simply not htat good at cutting my fingernails with a knive   ;)

Teeth.   :D <- (for cutting/biting nails  ;))

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #65 on: July 06, 2009, 11:34:05 PM
I agree: A file is a nessecity for me - especially while in the mountains. I do often need some scissors too - im simply not htat good at cutting my fingernails with a knive   ;)

Teeth.   :D <- (for cutting/biting nails  ;))

I sadly do that.  Ruins your nails and surrounding skin though.
I'm back!!

de Offline Shorty66

Reply #66 on: July 06, 2009, 11:43:53 PM
get a multi with scissors as EDC and cut them as often as you can.
So there wont be anything to bite anymore and perhaps you will stop doing it ;-)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #67 on: July 06, 2009, 11:48:53 PM
get a multi with scissors as EDC and cut them as often as you can.
So there wont be anything to bite anymore and perhaps you will stop doing it ;-)

I do have one with scissors, but it doesn't stop my biting habit.  ::)
I'm back!!

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Reply #68 on: July 29, 2009, 05:33:27 AM
I love to throw the tent onto the backpack and just park on the side of the road and wander into the bush for a weekend. It's the most fun way I can think of to camp, maybe a couple buddies and pack in a few frosty ones.  :D :P

There are other ways to camp to, that are also fun, like ski touring for a week on a nice big ol' glacier, or having the tent in the box of the truck for getting first tracks at a ski hill or just travelling long distances.
"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%