Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PPP and PPPD

Viper · 11 · 2495

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
PPP and PPPD
on: December 04, 2007, 01:44:59 AM
Can someone tell me the difference between the PPP and the PPPD? The pictures I've seen are pretty vague.
[

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: PPP and PPPD
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 03:16:10 AM
PPP- Pocket Power Plier/ PPPD- Pocket Power Plier Deluxe. I think the pliers are beefier on the deluxe... Im not sure about anything else1!
B

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 03:33:01 AM
I knew what they were, of course. I think that the Deluxe model just has a couple more tools.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 03:41:13 AM
The plier heads are the same on the S44 and the S45. The only piddeling difference is that they removed a plastic spacer from each handle of the PPP, allowing room for one more tool on each side. One handle gets a medium flathead screwdriver, while the other side gets a square Robertson drive.

* SOG Pocket PowerPlier Deluxe S45.jpg (Filesize: 80.96 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 03:44:16 AM
(Doesn't hardly seem worth the bother of a special model number, does it?)  :-\
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 03:57:23 AM
Haha!

Thanks for the info!
[

Offline supratentorial

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 07:01:34 AM
That photo is pretty old.  Current versions of the Deluxe PPP have a large flathead screwdriver and a 1/4" drive. 

edit: Oops!  And it loses the awl.  http://sogknives.com/service/assistance/mt-chart.php

* PPP_newer_version.jpg (Filesize: 77.01 KB)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:26:07 AM by supratentorial »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 03:47:19 AM
That photo is pretty old.  Current versions of the Deluxe PPP have a large flathead screwdriver and a 1/4" drive. 

edit: Oops!  And it loses the awl.  http://sogknives.com/service/assistance/mt-chart.php

True enough, thanks!

Guess I've never admitted it out loud before, but one thing about the whole PPP/PPPD thing always bothered me. I never liked how SOG put plastic spacers in the far-more-common PPP. The 'standard' tool should come fully loaded, with all the capability that can fit into it. Once you start putting plastic spacers in instead of blades & drivers, where do you stop?  :(

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 05:09:54 AM
Personally, I like the spacers. They let me open the tools I use most (V-cutter, etc.) without other tools clumping on. In fact, I was just going to make a thread asking if there was a place I could buy those spacers from.
[

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 12:58:34 PM

True enough, thanks!

Guess I've never admitted it out loud before, but one thing about the whole PPP/PPPD thing always bothered me. I never liked how SOG put plastic spacers in the far-more-common PPP. The 'standard' tool should come fully loaded, with all the capability that can fit into it. Once you start putting plastic spacers in instead of blades & drivers, where do you stop?  :(

I don't like them either.  There was one on my powerlock and in the end I was looking for something just to put in there instead of it.  I nearly even bought a robertson drive to replace it, which would have been stupid as they are not very common over here.
I'm back!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 01:31:57 AM
They put spacers in the PowerLocks too. Sometimes a PowerLock will have scissors, and sometimes not. If not, they put a spacer in its place.  :-\

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%