Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is up on E-Bay???

us Offline bren10man

What is up on E-Bay???
on: August 16, 2011, 07:01:26 PM
I have noticed LOTS of Marlboro SAKs of all kinds for sale on there....what is the scoop on this? ???

One seller has a lot of 6, all NIB, OS.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Re: What is up on E-Bay???
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:02:41 PM
I have noticed LOTS of Marlboro SAKs of all kinds for sale on there....what is the scoop on this? ???

One seller has a lot of 6, all NIB, OS.

It's been like that for years. Back in the 90s Marlboro had a giveaway offer where you save "points" from cigarette packs or cartons and redeem them for stuff in their "store". They had about 6 different knives made up for them - Classic, Standard, Tinker, Trail Guide, Troubleshooter and Outdoorsman come to mind.

When the program ended (I think because they were forced by the Fed to end it), a lot of people with saved up points just got the knives to use the point up. The didn't really want the knives, but didn't want to waste the points. So they sat in drawers for years and are steadily being auctioned off on eBay. Getting all of the above (except the Tinker, which seems to be the odd one out and harder to find) is pretty easy in NIB condition.

de Offline Jmora

Re: What is up on E-Bay???
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:58:51 PM
I decided a few weeks ago to look out for a trail guide on ebay.com, and I had on average 2 per week with the marlboro logo showing up. I got one on the way, which is cool. I saw a lot of marlboro knives on sale in my searching.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%