Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

One Tool... 1435

No Life Club Posts: 3,994
One Tool...
« on: December 20, 2007, 11:44:54 AM »
Two Questions.

If you could only carry one tool, what would it be? (One tool, not one multitool)

If you had to choose between only having access to a Vic Pen-knife, or the sturdy Vic cap-lifter/screwdriver, which would it be?
Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 42,959 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: One Tool...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 08:40:36 PM »
Two Questions.

If you could only carry one tool, what would it be? (One tool, not one multitool)

If you had to choose between only having access to a Vic Pen-knife, or the sturdy Vic cap-lifter/screwdriver, which would it be?
I'd go for a Vic Penknife, at least then you have some chance of whittling other tools you might need :)

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!
Sr. Member Posts: 486
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »
If we are talking about "one piece of metal", I would like +B SwissKeyTool. If we are talking a single feature (in which case cap-lifter/screwdriver does not qualify) it would have to be a plain blade...

-------
Alexei
No Life Club Posts: 1,346 Right Wing Psychopath!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »
I'd go with the plain blade.  The blade is the most basic tool.  IT does what no other tool can do well.
No Life Club Posts: 4,120 "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 02:20:30 AM »
My  :tool:"Felinevet SAK"(a Yeoman SAK with Stayglow scales) :tool:Has basically satisfied my most constantn tool needs :climber: :sak:

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169
Full Member Posts: 173
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »
Just one tool: A knife... =)
Global Tuffy Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,078 Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 04:42:09 PM »

I'm back!!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,568
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »
I would say a serrated blade... Cuts basically everything and will take a very long time to dull the serrations...

B
No Life Club Posts: 2,150 WIFE APPROVED
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 08:27:29 PM »
The multi blade of the Spanish made Aitor (military). It's a combo of a can opener / bottle opener, a screwdriver and a saw, with a wire bender hole and a wrench spanner cut into it.  Have one at home, try to get a good pic of it for you guys.  :ahhh
Sr. Member Posts: 486
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 01:31:30 AM »
The multi blade of the Spanish made Aitor (military). It's a combo of a can opener / bottle opener, a screwdriver and a saw, with a wire bender hole and a wrench spanner cut into it.  Have one at home, try to get a good pic of it for you guys.  :ahhh
Yes, but what are you going to do without a blade?   :think:

-------
Alexei

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $60.00
PayPal Fees: $3.14
Net Balance: $56.86