Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looking For Autumn Orange Cadet

us Offline BADSAK

Looking For Autumn Orange Cadet
on: August 20, 2011, 02:02:42 AM
Hello,

I have all of the colored Cadets except for the Autumn Orange. I have been keeping an eye out on eBay but haven't seen one listed yet. How hard is it going to be for me to find one? Do they ever come up for sale? If anyone has one they would consider parting with, please let me know.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: Looking For Autumn Orange Cadet
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 02:14:59 AM
Could have sworn I've seen a couple go up in the past two weeks. Patience, eBay will give you chance. The winning is based on the wanting. :)
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline BADSAK

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 02:31:40 AM
I did take a chance and bought an Orange Cadet recently. It looked like a lighter shade of orange in the picture. When it arrived I found it was the new orange from this year so I added a saw and scissors to it! The new orange really confuses things. There have also been several "Gold" Cadet's listed recently. I think most are Copper Cadets but some appear to have an orange color in the pictures. Cameras and photographers vary so much that it is really hard to judge by looking at the pictures. I may just have to take another chance.

england Offline jacknife

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 04:21:36 PM
Keep looking, they are out there. I've got a mint Autumn Orange one myself but I'm afraid it's not for sale.
I'm keeping it to give to my grand-daughter in a few years.

Good hunting.

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 09:52:54 PM
I would be very careful of the "gold" or "Copper" cadets thinking they are the elusive Genuine Copper. Whether by innocence or ignorance I think some of the Orange ones are being represented as Copper. I would ask probing questions of the seller.
T

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 11:11:00 PM
I would be very careful of the "gold" or "Copper" cadets thinking they are the elusive Genuine Copper. Whether by innocence or ignorance I think some of the Orange ones are being represented as Copper. I would ask probing questions of the seller.

The OP is looking for an Autumn Orange, but if anyone did want a Copper one they could buy the one I have listed on ebay and they would not have to worry about whether or not they would get the correct color.  However; the one last week went for an amazing $380 so I thought I would cash-out a bit so I can continue this expensive hobby.  I'm sure it will sell for less than the one last week, but it's certainly in the range for the serious collector.

Funny that right now I think there are now 4 Copper ones on ebay (a couple users), and Autumn Orange is more scarce.

us Offline BADSAK

Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 12:38:58 PM
I got a Copper Cadet with no box a few months ago off of eBay for $7 !!! It was listed as used but is in such good condition that it looks new. I'm pretty sure it's Copper, but would like to compare. Could someone please post a side by side picture comparing the Copper and Autumn Orange? I know I have seen a picture posted somewhere but can't find it now. Wouldn't it be nice if Vic would stamp pattern numbers on there knives like some other manufacturers.

nl Offline jan.

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 03:01:53 PM
Here the new orange, autumn orange, and the copper all together.
The autumn orange and the copper looks near the same at some light.
But at the picture you can see the difference.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:22:53 PM by jan. »

us Offline BADSAK

Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 11:35:44 PM
jan.
Thanks for posting the picture. I feel pretty confident that I have the copper, but until I have all three in my hands I can't be 100% sure. :think:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%