Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cadet Madness

us Offline JRAmmon

Cadet Madness
on: August 24, 2011, 02:09:45 AM
Has everyone seen the "copper cadet" madness on epay? If your involved, just try not to tell anyone about it ok. One listing is for "free shipping" on a BIN for 349.99. Really? Go ahead, justify this one to me if you dare.  :twak:
On a much lighter note, have a great day!
VSAKCS #374

us Offline Tyler_

Re: Cadet Madness
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 02:44:25 AM
I've noticed.  Over the last 6 months I've seen maybe 2 copper cadet.  In the last week there have been about 5 for auction.  To expensive for me.

I did get a NIB '83 Vic Soldier off Ebay today.  For $13

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 05:06:34 AM
A bidding war between two guys a week or so ago led to one copper Cadet selling for $380. After that, they come out of the woodwork. Funny thing is... no one's really buying them.

Stats geek time - since the beginning of the year and prior to the $380 auction, 14 copper cadets were sold on eBay (that I saw). Avg price - $60 used, $85 for NIB.

Colored Cadets seem to be nuts right now. I wish had bought more than the green EDC one I picked up at Target a couple years ago when they cleared them out for $12.

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 05:59:16 AM
A couple of keen collectors got carried away in a biding war and paid a crazy price for that SAK, now a bunch of people are trying to sell theirs, hoping to get similar money.

As much as I love Victorinox SAKs (and I really do) I am glad I'm not a collector - I bought a silver coloured Alox Cadet from Amazon a few months ago and it cost me ~$15 (Farmer ~$30 + Cadet ~$20 - $10 promotional discount = ~$40 for an Alox Farmer & an Alox Cadet) and my Cadet is just as good as a different coloured one for size, weight, performance & utility.  Also at $15 I'm not afraid to carry and use my Cadet whenever I like.

BTW
I think that the Cadet is a great SAK for when you want to go minimal with as slim a SAK as possible - talk about disappearing into your pocket!  You still get some useful tools including a flat screwdriver & a smaller flat screwdriver that would also work on most Phillips head screws, you can cut open packaging & open bottles or cans, you can even file your nails - what's not to love!
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

tt Offline [X]Outlaw

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 08:33:40 PM
Yup the cadet is a fantastic EDC!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99