Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Think I need some advice/help for my Helmsman

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
on: August 31, 2011, 05:22:38 AM
Hi all!  First of all  LOVE my Vic Helmsman!  Whew, ok, glad we got that settled. 
Now, my poor "little" buddy is having some issues.  I use my Helmsman every day to make my paracord stuff and end up using it for other stuff as well since it's almost always in my hand.  So I've noticed that while it still cuts pretty well, it's starting to tear the cord a little bit.  I took at look at the blade and noticed that it's starting to form a burr on the back side of the serrations.  Now, I do not have a sharpmaker anymore, although I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get another one.  However, does anyone have any advice on what to use in the mean tiime to get my trusty companion back to razor sharp goodness?  I love this knife and love the blade, but I HATE dealing with serrations.  Just saying.  :)
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:44:02 AM
They make some small diamond files that will work to sharpen the serrations very well. I have one and I think I only paid $5 for it. 
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied
Re: Think I need some advice/help for my Helmsman
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 05:41:52 PM
I use the lansky crock box and it works better then the sharpmaker ever did for me.  :P $20 total also.  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%