Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fox Cutlery Multitools

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Fox Cutlery Multitools
on: November 02, 2006, 06:05:37 AM
Just happened to stumble onto some multitools made by www.foxcutlery.com

Look under the "Two Sails" category...there are also several different models in the catalog PDF.

* ts8001.jpg (Filesize: 11.92 KB)

* ts8003.jpg (Filesize: 6.34 KB)

* ts8007.jpg (Filesize: 8.88 KB)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Fox Cutlery Multitools
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 11:30:58 AM
Those look awfully familiar....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 01:22:49 PM
I've seen those Wave copies for sale on many European websites, but I've never seen one for sale on a U.S. website. Must be Leatherman is unable to enforce their patent protection overseas.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 09:58:26 PM
Is it possible they are LM's that were re-branded as Fox and distributed over there?  They look a little too perfect to be copies.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 02:49:22 AM
Hah! That's what they would like you to think. Take my word for it, these are the worst examples of Chinese junk that ever hit the market. It's bad enough that hard work, research, and developement by legitimate companies can be flagrantly copied. No means of enforcing patents seem to exist when it comes to China. And the Chinese manufacturers have no pride; they go to great lengths to copy ~ flat out copy ~ products from another company. No attempt is made to improve or to innovate. Just copy. And the copies are JUNK!

This imitation of a Leatherman Wave is so bad that it is totally unusable. The scissors, although made to look just like the original, do not even function. The pliers do work, but several of the blades cannot be opened without the assistance of a screwdriver. And speaking of screwdrivers, take a close look at the phillips screwdriver blade. What a piece of crap.

(whew, hang on, I'm starting to hyperventilate. Can you tell I work at an American manufacturing company?)

I've seen these Wave copies offered with several different logos. One consistant clue that they are counterfeit is the brass thumbstud on the two knife blades. (The genuine Wave uses a thumb hole for one-hand opening, of course.)

~Bob
Camera download 056.jpg
* Camera download 056.jpg (Filesize: 47.97 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 11:40:04 AM
Well you got me there Bob... I did see the stud and thought that's what it was, but there is always hope.  Fox is actually a high quality manufacturer (I recently gave a very nice Fox lockback to a friend of mine) and I guess I would have thought better of them.

Of course, I guess it's no worse than the crap Smith & Wesson, Colt and Winchester have stuck their names on.

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 11:58:05 AM
Of course, I guess it's no worse than the crap Smith & Wesson, Colt and Winchester have stuck their names on.

Def

Yes, you are right there. Very disappointing.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%