Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

NFL 2011 season is here!

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
NFL 2011 season is here!
on: September 12, 2011, 10:53:08 AM
My Bears did good (I am a little surprised, just like last year) and of course I didn't get the game (because everyone wants to see the "Dream-Team" Eagles play the always scary Rams...)

Lotta good games today, that Steelers vs Ravens was darn good! lol I think they hate each other more than the Bears-Packers!  :ahhh

Paaaaat! what up with them Chiefs :twak: lowly Bills... that was kinda a shocker there. If they stay healthy, I don't see anybody beating the Packers (Rodgers is just too good and smart and he has the team around him), maybe the Ravens, I'll be watching the Patriots Monday nite and see ;) 

Jets looked okay (eeh), Colts; "No Manning, no chance"   It's gonna be an interesting season! I hope your team won or at least looked good :salute:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:00:45 AM by WhichDawg »

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Re: NFL 2011 season is here!
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 05:00:20 PM
I am really excited about this season but I missed the first Packers game :( since I am flat broke and will have to wait for my pay check to arrive so I can watch it on the internet.

GO PACKS!
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
NFL 2011 season is here!
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 05:06:49 PM
I can't believe the jets actually took that game last night, pretty happy with my picks for day but should've went with Baltimore gawd who saw that coming, I understand the win but seriously what a whoopin!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:46:19 PM
I wasn't shocked at the Chief's game. They looked like crap during preseason. But hey...the Bears are my 2nd favorite team and they did good so it wasn't a total loss.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:02:55 PM
Meehhhh i'm not to excited about football this year. Hockey on the other hand is coming up here pretty soon.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:09:45 PM
Here in the mid-Atlantic, the Ravens look like their going to be fun to watch this year.  :D

...and of course, we'll be spoiled by The Great 8 and his crew come NHL time.  :cheers:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:53 PM
Here in the mid-Atlantic, the Ravens look like their going to be fun to watch this year.  :D

...and of course, we'll be spoiled by The Great 8 and his crew come NHL time.  :cheers:

I HATE Ovechkin!!!!!! Because hes not on my team.  :D  He is kind of a showboat though which I do not like. Remember the skills competition  from two years back?
I'm the milk man!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:28:11 PM
I have all the respect in the world for hockey players but I can't watch hockey...that little puck is just too hard to follow. We did play "gym hockey" in high school and I did have a certain talent at the violent part...especially when we played the freshmen.  >:D

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 07:56:19 PM
I saw the 1980 "miracle on ice" hockey game between the USA and USSR olympic teams a while ago.
Does that count?
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 10:25:31 PM
J-E-T-S, baby! Ok, I didn't think they were going to win that last night either. they didn't look all that sharp, but I'll take beating the Cowgirls any day. In terms of hockey, I'm pretty sure you guys all know where the True Faith lies as far as I'm concerned  >:D. Camps open later this week, and October 8 starts it! Home against the smurfing Flyers. Can't wait, all set for tix to go on sale.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 10:47:00 PM
I saw the 1980 "miracle on ice" hockey game between the USA and USSR olympic teams a while ago.
Does that count?

Sure does.  :tu:  Truly a great story.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 10:47:46 PM
J-E-T-S, baby! Ok, I didn't think they were going to win that last night either. they didn't look all that sharp, but I'll take beating the Cowgirls any day. In terms of hockey, I'm pretty sure you guys all know where the True Faith lies as far as I'm concerned  >:D. Camps open later this week, and October 8 starts it! Home against the smurfing Flyers. Can't wait, all set for tix to go on sale.

The SHARK'S are going to kick your ass this year.  :salute: With all do respect that is.  :rofl:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 10:52:25 PM

The SHARK'S are going to kick your ass this year.  :salute: With all do respect that is.  :rofl:
There's ice in San Jose? :think: :D. The Sharks are coming to Newark on the 21st, might head over to see the game. Then we'll see whose ass gets kicked  :)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 10:57:12 PM

There's ice in San Jose? :think: :D. The Sharks are coming to Newark on the 21st, might head over to see the game. Then we'll see whose ass gets kicked  :)

We sure will.  :cheers:

We made quite a few big moves so hopefully they were good ones.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline tattoosteve99

NFL 2011 season is here!
Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 11:51:40 PM
Oh great. Now it's time to pull out the camping gear and turn off the tv. The NFL is so over rated. It's not even about a sport anymore it's only about money. I don't watch it. If it was about sport then I'd be more into it. I want the good ole days back. Oh well I guess I'll watch a real sport. Rugby!  Not trying to disrespect anyone here just my opinion. Enjoy your season guys.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 12:16:56 AM
Oh great. Now it's time to pull out the camping gear and turn off the tv. The NFL is so over rated. It's not even about a sport anymore it's only about money. I don't watch it. If it was about sport then I'd be more into it. I want the good ole days back. Oh well I guess I'll watch a real sport. Rugby!  Not trying to disrespect anyone here just my opinion. Enjoy your season guys.

I feel the same. That's why I watch Hockey.  :tu: They play for the love of the game not the paycheck.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 12:17:41 AM

I feel the same. That's why I watch Hockey.  :tu: They play for the love of the game not the paycheck.  Football players make HUGE paychecks and only play 16 games a year.  :think:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 08:07:22 AM
Pats looked good! even with Brady's mistakes, man just scores a few more TDs and 500 + yards and makes up for it! :ahhh

any one hear Ron Jaworski swear during the game? it was great! :rofl: and I think it was quite appropriate (he apologized)
I had to play it back a few times to make sure I heard what I thought I heard! Poor guy musta got a "call" from upstairs lol

omg I've always wanted to see a 63+ field goal kick to tie or break the record! that was cool :tu:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 09:30:34 AM
How bout them Raiders.  :D  Janakowski hit a 63 yard field goal in the rain.  :cheers:
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
NFL 2011 season is here!
Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 05:53:44 PM
I figured Miami could pull something together last night, they even looked good for the first quarter, and I never give the raiders any credit they always lose when I pick them so both my picks lost last night. It's gonna be a long season for me I can feel it already!

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 05:57:50 AM
NFL Power Rankings are up! I know I know first week and it's too early but they gotta start somewhere (and if they do it after game 16 it's cheating  :P )

Rank                                      Previous Rank
1.       Green Bay Packers     1st
2.       Baltimore Ravens        9th
3.       New England Patriots  2nd
4.       Philadelphia Eagles     6th
5.       New York Jets              7th
6.       New Orleans Saints     4th
7.       San Diego Chargers    8th
8.       Houston Texans          12th
9.       Chicago Bears             16th
10.     Pittsburgh Steelers      3rd

I personally think the Ravens should be number #1 because they beat a quality team on all sides, the Packers D gave up a lot of points!

The Eagles "Dream Team" beat a Rams team that hasn't done much in awhile  ::)

Texans beat a Manningless team, too high a rank to me.

I'd rank:
1.   Baltimore Ravens
2.   Green Bay Packers
3.   New England Patriots
4.   Chicago Bears
5.   New York Jets
6.   San Diego Chargers
7.   Houston Texans
8.   Philadelphia Eagles
9.   New Orleans Saints
10. Pittsburgh Steelers

it's not the "Potential Power Rankings" but actual what have you done lately Power Rankings!

You know this is all gonna change next week! :ahhh (over and over again)  ;)

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 06:43:25 PM
my Bears need this game vs the Saints! but they need it too!  :ahhh

either will drop like a rock if they lose today.

and of course I'm not getting the game because since I'm in Oregon and the "Washington" Seattle Seahawks (different state) is on at the same time on fox...

Nobody wants to see a great game like the Bears vs Saints because everyone wants to see the worst team in the NFL/Seahawks playing.... >:(

I want to pick an upset every week!

I will start off with 3 upsets today! (why not, they are so crazy anyway)

KC over DET
TEN over BAL
STL over NYG (monday nite)

no points/spread lol
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:50:48 PM by WhichDawg »

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 08:10:27 PM
I don't want to speak to early, but it looks like the Raiders might start the season 2-0.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 10:39:22 PM
too early! :twak: but it was a good game! what a roller coaster game. and my Bears lost and looked pretty bad doing it :(

I tried Pat but your Chiefs are too banged up and hurt, sad.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 10:42:04 PM
I spoke to early.  :rant: :twak:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Chain Gang

Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 02:47:28 AM
My Saints did their magic today against the Bears.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 07:13:10 AM
My Saints did their magic today against the Bears.

The Saints looked good, they exposed the Bears weakness, their offensive (and was it!) line...

Brees looked like he had fun lol

Bears play the Packers in Chi next week, all will be forgiven (for now) if they can win!

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 04:27:13 PM
ok 1 out of 3 for my upsets, I better not quit my day job :P

still fun to try and guess :cheers:

never pick against a good home team :twak:

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 03:51:03 PM
todays upset pick!  :ahhh Lions at Vikings, I'll pick the Purple People Eaters!

home game, division game, Vikings are 0-2, Lions are 2-0 and going 16-0 and going to the SB  ::) (honest I've heard some say this! lol)

Vikings really need this

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 04:01:58 PM
Announcement....The Kansas City Chiefs will be changing their name to the Kansas City Tampons. They're only good for 1 period and there's no second string.

Also...Arrowhead will now be the official tornado shelter for local residents. Touchdowns rarely happen there.

:dwts: It's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOONG season.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%