Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New sub-forum?

Jors · 4 · 1003

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
New sub-forum?
on: September 12, 2011, 06:01:48 PM
Hi MTO forum,
I would like to know if it is possible for MTO to create a new Sub-forum?

I am referring here to a forum where members can share plans, info or ideas with other forum members, aimed on DIY tools for edc.

Not everything you edc is actually multitools, but they are tools or edc tools, for example a lighter, pen, carabiner hook, keyring impliments, keyring pill/money holders, etc.
Some people make their own or adapt an existing idea and the end product becomes a edc item without wich you don9;t want to go without. The maker is willing to share his plan with forum members. This sub-forum will be the platform. When other people look for example at his idea, they my identify a flaw or even suggest an improbement. Companies may even start manufacturing it, and later we my even see it on MTO.

I am not referring here to lathe tools and garden tools, but mto type of edc gadgets or tools.

I am currently designing two simple lighters of flint and fuel. One will be a survival lighter that is windproof an fuel evaporation proof. As soon as it is finished I would ike to share, but I have no such a place. Why not coming to MTO, where I feel at home?

I am just asking to think about it. I think it is a good idea, however you may think I am crazy. If you don't agree I will not take offense.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Re: New sub-forum?
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 07:34:35 PM
I think it'll fit right in the Gadget Freak/EDC Forum ..  :think: :)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 07:40:49 PM
I think it'll fit right in the Gadget Freak/EDC Forum ..  :think: :)
I'd agree.  Custom work could also fit into the Mod Squad forum I'd say, but The Gadget Freak/EDC Forum is a little underused IMO and would fit well. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:08 PM
We have over the years considered a DIY or Projects type forum, but the response has often been that the Gadget Freak, Mod Forum and Break Room all have that pretty well covered.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%