Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Powerlock for Trade

Offline bobofish

Powerlock for Trade
on: December 20, 2007, 02:08:35 PM
Just like it says, got a powerlock for trade. The one without the gut hook, but with the hex adapter. I got it from a forum member who listed it as "almost new." I've only played with it, I haven't even done any work with it. I might've loosened one nut or something. It's nearly new. It's got scissors by the way, and the pliers head says SOG USA. Leather case is nearly new. To be honest, ever since I got it I thought the nicest thing about those powerlocks are the cases.

Nothing against SOG, but the powerlock just isn't for me. What I'm interested in is a good slim folder with a pocket clip.

As an example of what I'm interested in, I picked up a Benchmade 940 the other day and almost bought it....I still might, we'll see.

I am mildly interested in a Leatherman Surge or something really cool. Possibly a good small flashlight. I EDC a Leatherman XTi just so you have an idea. I don't have much use for a blade shorter than my charge's....3.5" or greater would be nice.

By the way, maybe I'm a jerk, but I won't even consider anything Chinese. Frankly I'm not interested in anything Taiwanese either. I prefer American, European and Japanese in that order. I have a thing against carrying stuff in my pockets made by political prisoners and such. Don't need a lecture about Chinese quality. Just don't bother.

I can take a picture of the SOG if anybody's interested, too lazy right now.
Cheers

p.s. I don't have to trade this, so nobody needs to feel that they have to scrounge their favorite tools to help a fellow tool lover. Worst case scenario I'll throw the powerlock in the glovebox of my car. No harm done. 

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Powerlock for Trade
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:18:13 PM
A slim folder? I have a B.O Buck Sirus.. That is really nice but the two years I carried it sort of wore away SOME black coating.. I can also include a CRKT M16 03Z or a Kershaw Vapor too if you want. So out of those 3 you can pick two: if you'd like!
B

Offline bobofish

Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:57:30 PM
That's a good offer. It doesn't QUITE scratch my itch though, so I'll have to think about it.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 03:30:21 AM
Oh, I see. I could take a pic if u want? I also have a limited edition Smith and Wesson PowerGlide 1-500 ( first production run)
B

Offline bobofish

Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 12:32:47 PM
Leatherman123,
I got myself a benchmade 921 for christmas...so I'm sorry to say I'm not interested in your knives. I appreciate the offer though.

So now, anything interesting for trade is possible. I'm interested in MAG LED upgrade modules, ARC flashlights or other small flashlights that are US made....fishing reels or fishing rods (don't need any bass rods btw)....fountain pens.....pipes.....what else? Pocket watches....SD cards....silver (coin or bullion doesn't matter)

Long and short of it: if you have something interesting you don't want anymore, maybe I'll be interested and we can find this powerlock a new loving home.

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 06:00:57 PM
My dad practically has his own business purchasing and selling smoking pipes on eBay. Not sure if that is what you meant by pipes, but I think it is pretty cool regardless.

[

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 12:38:52 AM
I have 5 1oz bars I could part with if you are interested. It would actually be a good trade for ya if you are interested in it.
S

Offline bobofish

Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 07:24:14 AM
Pending, thanks!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41