Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Recommend: Sharpertex Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner

us Offline bren10man

Recommend: Sharpertex Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner
on: December 26, 2011, 02:31:50 AM
Gents:

Jazzbass told me to get an ultrasonic cleaner.  Couldn't find one anywhere.  So my wife ordered me a Sharpertek Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner.   

My Champion and white gold wedding band were the guinnea pigs.   Used hot tap water and Dawn (per Jazzbass instructions).  Didn't use the heater.   Turned it on for 5 mintues to "get the gas out of the solution".

Then, cleaned the items for 5 minutes.  NICE!!

Mother in law then stated: "Clean my jewelry!!"  So did the wife.

5 mintues later, the bling was back.

Can't wait to try it on my other knives back home.
MOLON LABE!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Re: Recommend: Sharpertex Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 01:03:05 AM
Sounds good!  I hope to do some more organization over the winter and I need to clean a lot of SAKs, manual is proving too time consuming so I'm going to get a cleaner since I've always wanted one anyway. 

What size did you get, and what was the solution you used?

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:20:10 AM
Good to hear you picked one up. Ultrasonic cleaner is the only way to go if you get a lot of knives. The first batch you clean will make you realize how dirty the knives are when you get them - you'll be temped to clean all the other knives in your collection. I use this one: http://www.amazon.com/Kendal-INDUSTRAL-DIGITAL-ULTRASONIC-CLEANER/dp/B0018IIPFK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1325035106&sr=8-7. It has a heater, but use it carefully unless you want to discover the hard way that cellidor scales lose their plasticity at about 160 degrees.

For solution, I use hot water (at about 120 degrees) and Dawn detergent.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 02:36:12 AM
Thanks that one looks pretty nice; and the price is really good for that large size.  Is that about the size you need?  I was considering going with something closer to a Litre or slightly less.

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 02:49:01 AM
Thanks that one looks pretty nice; and the price is really good for that large size.  Is that about the size you need?  I was considering going with something closer to a Litre or slightly less.

That's the smallest I'd ever buy. I has a smaller one, but it was too small to put a 91mm knife in with the tools open. This one is perfect. I can put 4 normal  sized 91mm SAKs in it with the tools fully open. Closed it'll fit 7-8 SAKs. You buy as many as I do - go for the 2.5l version.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%