Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's in your EDC bag?

Serena · 36 · 3587

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Re: What's in your EDC bag?
Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 10:49:34 AM
Maybe I'll switch some bits out with the other 'big' set. See if I can buy another one just for the bits and add the best ones to the 'pen'.

I wish more of 4mm hex bits were double headed. That would make it so much easier to put together a decent EDC screwdriver set. I am also in the proces of making one. I am still waiting to get all the pieces. And at least some of the bits come form a pen screwdriver like yours.  :D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

Offline Scorpion Regent

Reply #31 on: December 23, 2019, 01:05:46 AM
I used to lug around a heavy tactical bag filled with every thing needed to run away from home in a instant.  That got really old.  These days I don't carry a bag with me unless I am going to be spending a minimum of several hours in a fixed place otherwise my "EDC" bag stays in the truck if I bother to bring it at all.  Okay, so here's what's in it:  some ball point pens and mechanical pencils, A notebook and manuals applicable to the task at hand.  A hand full of cough drops,  a small bottle of ibuprofen, a bandana, some ear plugs, a hard sided eye glass case, a couple tea bags, some stevia packets, 15' paracord and a carabiner or two (I practice knots), a small bottle of hand sanitizer, a water bottle, a handful of napkins and paper towels in a plastic bag, a SAK Compact and a LED mini-Maglite.
The truth is when I carry it, my  bag is more for what I might find along the way rather than what I all ready have.  There are always the other things that might be added, a hat, balaclava or keffiyeh, gloves, lunch or snacks, a paperback book. If I'm at a farmers market or swap meet I'll include a cloth shopping bag.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 12:58:44 AM
I like the new bag and pouch Serena. They should serve you well.  I carry pretty much the same items as every other member of this forum, but as I've mentioned in several previous threads I added a tube of Toothache Gel to my first aid kit.  It doesn't take much space but if you get a toothache late at night when the stores are closed, or when you're away from home, it will save you from ruined plans and indescribable pain. 

br Offline Hevy (CT-782)

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: February 03, 2020, 01:31:13 PM
Very nice EDC's Serena and MP!

My (work) backpack is a Victorinox VX Sport Scout.

Inside, a cheap three dollar pouch.

With:
MP 400 and bit kit
First Aid kit.
Pens and pencil
Mini Bic
Mini flashlight
Victorinox Ranger
Mini screwdriver and bits
Kershaw Cinder

Enviado de meu moto g(6) usando o Tapatalk

Offline Scorpion Regent

Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 03:30:38 PM
Very nice EDC's Serena and MP!

My (work) backpack is a Victorinox VX Sport Scout.

Inside, a cheap three dollar pouch.

With:
MP 400 and bit kit
First Aid kit.
Pens and pencil
Mini Bic
Mini flashlight
Victorinox Ranger
Mini screwdriver and bits
Kershaw Cinder

Nice basic kit.  I have a couple of questions.  What's the point of the Cinder?  There's nothing it can do that the MP 400 and the Ranger can't.  Why a mini Bic, when you can have a full sized one?  the same for the flashlight, full size seems more sensible.

br Offline Hevy (CT-782)

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: February 03, 2020, 06:09:56 PM
Nice basic kit.  I have a couple of questions.  What's the point of the Cinder?  There's nothing it can do that the MP 400 and the Ranger can't.  Why a mini Bic, when you can have a full sized one?  the same for the flashlight, full size seems more sensible.
Cinder is for more precise and controlled cuts.
MP 400 is for the pliers and bit kit.
Ranger for metal file, wood saw, chisel, better scisors.
Mini bic to fit in bic metal case. Because is nice. (Don't carry It on pockets while working)
Small flashlight only for emergencies.
In my work I use only ATEX / IECEx electronics. It include flashlights

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31