Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show us your wallet(s)

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Show us your wallet(s)
Reply #120 on: March 30, 2016, 07:13:27 PM
@Captain,

Life is really determine to turn your shopping into adventure.

Well, let's hope you like the small Bifold :D :D :D I'm not sure how big it should be, but you wanted a "standard layout", while this one is .. not such as far as I remember :D

I do want a standard layout, but saddleback no longer offers that and there was problems with card breaking on those anyways. I also do not like how the different slots are not actually separate and just slits cut into the leather. The small bi-fold is the only real option for me considering size alone. If it does not work out for me they do not offer any other wallets I could use so that will be the end of it.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #121 on: March 30, 2016, 08:17:19 PM
Holy heck you would not believe the conversation with their customer service.  :dwts:

All I will say is it got personal and I am debating on even buying the bi-fold with the refund money now if that's how they treat customers. Its a business transaction for smurf sake.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:19:59 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #122 on: March 30, 2016, 08:20:11 PM
That's weird. They're very nice on their FB page.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #123 on: March 30, 2016, 09:12:21 PM
We just make good with each other. Everything is fine. They seem like fine ladies. Things just got heated quickly is all. Its all good now.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #124 on: April 02, 2016, 01:40:16 AM
I got my Saddleback business card holder. I love it! It seemed looser than the one I gifted, but that's actually a good thing in this case. I fit four credit cards in one size and (I will have to look later to confirm), two credit cards and 3 business cards as well as some cash. One of the cards is "taller" than normal and is a card I must have with me so I was concerned it would not fit. Surprisingly it just barely fits. First impressions are GREAT!

I have the Small Bi-fold on the way as well. I will switch between both to see which I like the most. I may end up carrying both who knows.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #125 on: April 02, 2016, 01:57:53 AM
Whoo hoo! Glad you got something you like Capt!

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #126 on: April 03, 2016, 05:36:57 PM
I've been using a Saddleback bifold wallet for the past few years and while the pic might not quite show it, the wallet still looks brand new.  That wallet is built like a tank.

Right now I'm trying the Saddleback Rront Pocket wallet right now.

(this is the best pic I could manage with my ancient camera)

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #127 on: April 03, 2016, 06:25:14 PM
I got my Saddleback business card holder. I love it! It seemed looser than the one I gifted, but that's actually a good thing in this case. I fit four credit cards in one size and (I will have to look later to confirm), two credit cards and 3 business cards as well as some cash. One of the cards is "taller" than normal and is a card I must have with me so I was concerned it would not fit. Surprisingly it just barely fits. First impressions are GREAT!

I have the Small Bi-fold on the way as well. I will switch between both to see which I like the most. I may end up carrying both who knows.

Awesome! Is the looser one in tobacco? My tobacco is somewhat looser than the dark coffee brown.

@Shamus
Yeah, they look in great condition  :tu:

I'm so glad I got three before the dollar got more expensive itself and before SBL increased the prices + Amazon the shipping.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #128 on: April 03, 2016, 07:13:28 PM

Awesome! Is the looser one in tobacco? My tobacco is somewhat looser than the dark coffee brown.

Both were tabacco.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #129 on: April 03, 2016, 09:28:34 PM
I forgot to mention one thing. Saddleback claims the card holder can hold 8 cards on each side. All I have to say is they are out of their smurfing minds. I already knew about this before buying so I am not complaining at all, but for them to claim this is ridiculous. Even after its broken in completely I highly doubt you can fit 16 cards in here. I can fit 4 cards per side and its very tight. If it stretches enough to get 8 cards on each side I will eat my words, but I don't see it happening. It would be nice to fit 8 on each side though.

I still love it though.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #130 on: April 04, 2016, 04:18:29 AM
I forgot to mention one thing. Saddleback claims the card holder can hold 8 cards on each side. .... I can fit 4 cards per side and its very tight. If it stretches enough to get 8 cards on each side I will eat my words, but I don't see it happening. It would be nice to fit 8 on each side though. ...

Can you wet the wallet and stretch the card slots?   I have soaked belt holsters to fit larger knives and flashlights.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #131 on: April 04, 2016, 07:23:56 AM
I forgot to mention one thing. Saddleback claims the card holder can hold 8 cards on each side. .... I can fit 4 cards per side and its very tight. If it stretches enough to get 8 cards on each side I will eat my words, but I don't see it happening. It would be nice to fit 8 on each side though. ...

Can you wet the wallet and stretch the card slots?   I have soaked belt holsters to fit larger knives and flashlights.

I don't know..... Maybe.

I'm not going to do that though.
I'm the milk man!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #132 on: April 04, 2016, 07:38:17 AM
I forgot to mention one thing. Saddleback claims the card holder can hold 8 cards on each side. All I have to say is they are out of their smurfing minds. I already knew about this before buying so I am not complaining at all, but for them to claim this is ridiculous. Even after its broken in completely I highly doubt you can fit 16 cards in here. I can fit 4 cards per side and its very tight. If it stretches enough to get 8 cards on each side I will eat my words, but I don't see it happening. It would be nice to fit 8 on each side though.

I think they mean 8 business cards on each side - I think I've read it somewhere, but really don't remember where. Which is strange since they call it Credit Card Wallet after all.

So aren't we getting any pictures of it :pok: :D

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #133 on: April 04, 2016, 07:40:47 AM

I think they mean 8 business cards on each side - I think I've read it somewhere, but really don't remember where. Which is strange since they call it Credit Card Wallet after all.

So aren't we getting any pictures of it :pok: :D

I think you are correct and yes that is strange.  :think:

No pics yet. I will get some soon.
I'm the milk man!

ph Offline Semajmarx007

• Deus Ex Machina
Reply #134 on: April 05, 2016, 03:59:58 AM
Wife recently bought me a Victorinox Trifold Wallet. Said it would go well with my Swiss Army Knives :)

Still thinking of getting a Saddleback Front ID Wallet because you guys are really good at endorsing these things. haha  :D
Victorinox Tri Fold Wallet.JPG
* Victorinox Tri Fold Wallet.JPG (Filesize: 41.14 KB)
vi veri veniversum vivus vici

ar Offline wmoco

Reply #135 on: April 05, 2016, 09:06:05 PM
so I got it
can't love it more. ..

when you feel it it's a little more comfortable than a bi fold
Thing is,  you rarely feel it!
tmp-cam--1672676451.jpg
* tmp-cam--1672676451.jpg (Filesize: 216.69 KB)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:19:53 PM by wmoco »
Nothing fancy to write here...

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #136 on: April 06, 2016, 05:51:50 AM
Over the years I have been carrying less and less stuff in my wallet. No more phone book, sticky note reminders, insurance cards, phone cards, photographs, etc. They are all in my Smart Phone. Now I only carry a few bills, two credit cards, drivers license and a card MT. My traditional wallet looks deflated with just those things.

When I saw the Financial Tool Wallet thought it will fit my needs and got one. I don't think I will like it because you cannot pull out just the one thing you want but giving it a try starting today. If you got other suggestions please let me know.

Took a few pics when I did the switch today.
WalletMT1.JPG
* WalletMT1.JPG (Filesize: 219.06 KB)
WalletMT2.JPG
* WalletMT2.JPG (Filesize: 247.01 KB)
WalletMT3.JPG
* WalletMT3.JPG (Filesize: 166.81 KB)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:52:57 AM by rishardh »

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #137 on: April 06, 2016, 02:53:08 PM
Sorry for the lack of pics. Here is the credit card holder I am using as a wallet. This is with about a week of carry. Its missing one card as I took my I.D. out for obvious reasons.

Sorry some of the pics are out of order.

Oh and the American Kershaw with the Mexican made wallet is nothing more than coincidence. I just thought we all like a knife in the picture and it was what I was carrying. Don't read anything into it.

I'm the milk man!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #138 on: April 06, 2016, 03:24:54 PM
Awesome pics, captain :salute: :D Now you're tempting me to change from the ID one to the CC one, too :think:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #139 on: April 06, 2016, 03:30:17 PM
Awesome pics, captain :salute: :D Now you're tempting me to change from the ID one to the CC one, too :think:

Its a awesome setup. Don't you have the CC version already?

Even when my small bifold arrives and I use that I think I will still carry the CC model as well.
I'm the milk man!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #140 on: April 06, 2016, 04:11:28 PM

Even when my small bifold arrives and I use that I think I will still carry the CC model as well.

Yes, I do have two CC ones. I also have the ID one. Currently I'm carrying the ID one.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #141 on: April 06, 2016, 04:25:49 PM

Yes, I do have two CC ones. I also have the ID one. Currently I'm carrying the ID one.

Ah ok. So your thinking of going back to the CC then.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #142 on: April 09, 2016, 06:55:14 AM
Just got my small bifold. Sorry to say I hate it and it's a piece of crap. I still have not even got my refund from the trifold yet and they received it over a week ago. I'm through with Saddleback for good. It's been nothing but a huge waste of time, money, and my sanity.
I'm the milk man!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #143 on: April 09, 2016, 08:04:24 AM
Maybe you didn't watch enough YT reviews :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #144 on: April 09, 2016, 05:51:08 PM
Just got my small bifold. Sorry to say I hate it and it's a piece of crap. I still have not even got my refund from the trifold yet and they received it over a week ago. I'm through with Saddleback for good. It's been nothing but a huge waste of time, money, and my sanity.
Sorry to hear this capt,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #145 on: April 09, 2016, 06:10:50 PM
Alright, like I mentioned to someone else I was a bit quick to comment and had just woken up from terrible sleep and opened the package. I was pissed off at everything at the time. With that said I still have issues with it that I am just going to have to live with I guess as I cannot return it now.

One side of the wallet is longer than the other. About 1/4 inch. It drives my nuts! The bigger problem is the section to hold cash. I cannot fit any cash in there. NOTHING! Not even a single bill will fit. Its to shallow and does not offer any room at the bottom of the pocket to allow the bills to go in. Not sure if its just sewn a bit high or something, but it also drives me insane.

As you guys and gals know I was carrying my wallets contents in the credit card bifold which was working out great. I put those and only those contents into the small bifold which is fairly larger in thickness and material. Now I am carrying all the same stuff, but in a larger package and the cash doesn't fit.  :think: Seems a bit stupid to me, but what do I know.

Either way I already carried it today so there is no returning it now. Its mine to keep. Best case scenario the "fold" of the wallet falls in a way (while breaking in) and evens out the length. I also hope somehow the pocket for the cash stretches out, but I do not even see how that is possible so I doubt that. I may have to get a spoon or something and try and stretch it myself.  :shrug:

I will keep everyone updated and yes I will get some pics as soon as I can.  :salute:

I'm the milk man!

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #146 on: April 09, 2016, 06:22:21 PM
Ok, now THIS is weird. Maybe this time you can inspect it some more and then really return mentioning the issues you enumerated here.

The thing about one side being longer - can't you try to adjust it a bit by "levelling" it and putting it under sth heavy? Or loading your stuff in it and again leaving it under sth heavy so that the wallet forms around the stuff you have in it?

Maybe with time it will loosen up (well, it will definitely loosen up) and will accommodate bills easily. My chestnut ID wallet was also hard to fit bills in initially. If the bills are taller or longer than it, probably with some use it'll loosen up  :think:

These wallets DEFINITELY loosen up and stretch with regular use over time. If it annoys you, you may not even carry it right now, but stuff it with some papers, cards, useless crap and leave it this way for a couple of weeks.

But if you think there's a real problem with the wallet, then, I think, you should return it, they offer that 100-year warranty after all and their prices are insane, so...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #147 on: April 09, 2016, 06:28:39 PM
Maybe it just needs a good beating and some time to get broken in? I've had mine now for like 2yrs and it's still not broken in, maybe because it never has any $$ in it :think: idk, but it gets sat on?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #148 on: April 09, 2016, 07:55:35 PM
Give it a little massage :) I think N_N_R is right. You should try leveling it and put it under something heavy. Also, they say the wallet will be its ugliest the first day you get it...

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #149 on: April 09, 2016, 08:09:04 PM
Give it a little massage :) I think N_N_R is right. You should try leveling it and put it under something heavy. Also, they say the wallet will be its ugliest the first day you get it...

Oh yes. I forgot to mention. The color seems more like the chestnut shade to me and there is a spot on the front that is lighter, but like a white-ish thing going on. Kind of bugs me as well, but that's just my own weird problem.
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD