Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Vista

Offline joebw

Leatherman Vista
on: December 25, 2007, 02:10:32 AM
Hi All,

No photos for this review.  Just a few thoughts.

Went to Rangely, Maine the first full week of November.  Two years ago, borrowed my hunting partner Warrens trimmers which really beat the heck out of bending branches just to watch them spring back.

I bught a Vista last year.  This wasthe first type with the Loctited screw in the threaded pinion.  Well, the loctite let go and within 1/2 hour in the yard, the tool seized up.  Sent it back to Leatherman who said the loctite had not been properly applied.  After they returned it, I bought the second model which eliminated the pinion and substituted a deformed thread lock nut.

Took this to Maine and the bypass cutters and the saw did a great job.  I highly recomend the Vista (with the lock nut!!!!)

I only wish that Leatherman would get rid ofthe green handles and replace these with hunter orange.  Set this down too early in the year and try and find it with the green handles.  If you agree, let Leatherman hear about this.

Bes & Merry Christmas - Joe

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Leatherman Vista
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 02:12:56 AM
If all you are using is the saw and pruners, wouldn't the Hybrid be better since the handles are brighter?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline kreskin13

Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 02:46:48 AM
I have one on the way. My planned main use is to have a cool tool to open those blasted clam shell packages a lot of my toys come in! :ahhh

Calvin
[

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 03:21:58 AM
I have one on the way. My planned main use is to have a cool tool to open those blasted clam shell packages a lot of my toys come in! :ahhh

Calvin
I'm thinking of doing this also. The person who invented those things should be shot.  >:( >:( >:(
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 03:38:24 AM
The pruners are very effective at cutting open clam packs- I have used it on more than a few of them.  If you get no other use out of it, it's money well spent just for clam packs!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 07:14:25 PM
The pruners are very effective at cutting open clam packs- I have used it on more than a few of them.  If you get no other use out of it, it's money well spent just for clam packs!

Def

I concur, I've yet to actually buy the Vista for myself but it is high on my list for that ability alone.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 03:45:54 AM
Both the Vista and the Hybrid are great little tools. I've used the heck out of my Vista, indoors and out.

Makes me anxious to see how the new Genus will perform.  :) 

Genus Link (click on the blade names)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%