Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Old SOG pamphlets

Viper · 10 · 2484

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Old SOG pamphlets
on: December 26, 2007, 03:55:42 AM
A few moments ago, I took a peek at the miniature catalog that my Mini Topo came in, ecpecting nothing new. What I was met with was something entirely different than before! MY first thought was that they finally got a new one, but, as I realized shortly afterwards, it was, of course, old. It didn't have many designs that were new to me, but it was amazing seeing some of the now-discontinued Topo knives being listed as "NEW". Many of you probably have these catalogs, but I have known about SOG for less than a year now (technically, I've known about them for a while, but I only recently paid any attention to them) so it is interesting to me.

The only knife in the catalog that I hadn't heard of was something called the  "Duo". It looked fairly strange, but, as many of you guys probably know, I'm a sucker for a regular (non multi-tool) knife with both a serrated and a straight edge blade. But no more knives for a while for me. My New Year's resolution is to put about 75 or 80% of my money earned toward my Strad. And when I'm at school, the average ammount of money I make is null. So only about three months a year of working (Winter and Summer vacations). That means that it is most likely that I won't be getting anything sharp and pointy until mid 2008.  :cry:  Which is why I was glad to get a Tomcat, which might be able to hold me over for a while.

The only exception that I'll probably make is the Powerassist. I got one last exemplary knife, so I need one last exemplary multitool to go with it.  ;)

I've already gone off topic, and this is the first post!
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Old SOG pamphlets
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:37:02 AM
I've got some of those pamphlets from the early 1990's. As a multitool nut though, I never paid any attention to the knives inside. Does yours have a copyright date? (Or anything else to date it?)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 03:52:33 AM
Mine is actually only 2005, but it is still interesting to see all that has changed since then!

I really want to get a Duo now for some reason. It's ugly as sin, honestly, but I stil like it...  ???
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 03:58:10 AM
Mine is actually only 2005, but it is still interesting to see all that has changed since then!

I really want to get a Duo now for some reason. It's ugly as sin, honestly, but I stil like it...  ???

Have you found any SOGs that you don't like?  :pok: :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 04:08:13 AM
Don't worry, my name isn't SOG123 (teehee).

I don't like:
Flash 1 and 2
Vulcan and Mini vulcan
Vision and X-Ray Vision series
Recon Bowie
SEAL Pup Elite
NW Ranger
Daggert
Muscle Car

And a few more.
[

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 04:28:37 AM
Good one ( Viper) haha!
B

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 05:05:13 AM
I don't like:
Flash 1 and 2

I looked into getting a Flash a while back...never handled one though.  What don't you like about them?
[

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 06:20:20 AM
I think they seem a little weak. The blades are thin and the handles are made out of plastic or a plastic-like material. I don't know, there's just something about them I just don't like. Besides the fact that I find them ugly.  :P
[

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 06:14:02 AM
I just found the manual that came with my Micro Toolclip, which didn't have a date, but I know is older than the one with my Mini Topo.

I wish I hadn't found either now, because now I have about five or six SOG knives that I want that are going to be immensely difficult to come across.
[

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 06:26:15 AM
Wow!!!

Just for grins and giggles I looked on eBay for the knives that I wanted, and I found the two that I wanted most (duo and mini-gentleman) and about 30USD each buy-it-now in eBay stores!

Now I'll probably sell that AirSOG, along with some other knives I have lying around. I've been thinking that as long as I compensate the money by selling knives, multitools, etc., I can buy new multitools and knives even while saving up for my Strad!

Plus I get paid tomorrow!
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21